Topic: [to 3.63 only] Community mod BAC: Smith, Cooking, Survival, Carpentry, Sewing  (Read 336799 times)

Brygun

« Reply #795 on: April 26, 2021, 11:04:44 PM »
Update

Block Pot category was set to go for "tool" and is now "container"

Don't recall if it was an intentional thing or not. Couldn't find any notes on it.

???

« Reply #796 on: April 30, 2021, 04:09:09 AM »
hopefully it doesnt cause unreal to crash every other save like sufficeny does now

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: May 01, 2021, 04:06:23 AM »
I’m not sure if Caethan has updated the sufficiency mod to latest version. Plenty of things have changed in recent few versions. And even more will change with release 3.70!

Brygun

« Reply #798 on: May 01, 2021, 05:02:51 PM »
Other mod crashes are off topic for here. This is about the BAC mod.

That said a Caethon is a contributor to the BAC as can be seen in the text file "Readme BAC for users.txt"

"caethan = Elements of caethan's self sufficiency mod included, in some cases as they were part of the Bouidda mod"

As JP_Finn has pointed out there has been numerous vanilla changes which would require mods being adjusted to keep up with things. Some old mods might work and others not. Either way they have their own places for discussion. I would suggest checking the data of a mod's release or the date of if its .zip file to compare to game version release dates.

Base game changes is why I've started including in the BAC zip file name what game version its for.

Indeed 3.70 will see a need for a more complex re-sync of BAC. I am happy to see commonly modded in items making it into the base game and hope to see ironworking brought into the Iron Age Finland game in later updates.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 05:06:11 PM by Brygun »

« Reply #799 on: May 01, 2021, 09:47:33 PM »
it seems that unreal world crashes if not run in administrator mod if your computer needs to have any major load times outside of vannila

« Reply #800 on: May 03, 2021, 04:15:11 AM »
how does one obtain birch root and is the staff or recurve northen bow better?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 05:38:21 AM by immortalartisan112 »

Tinker

« Reply #801 on: May 03, 2021, 10:42:57 AM »
Do you want birch root cord, the you need open ground without snow and be near a birch tree use the tying equipment menu. Or you can harvest birch root using the vanilla make menu.

Which weapon is better depends on what you are trying to do, your question is a bit like asking is a banana beter than a bicycle.

Brygun

« Reply #802 on: May 03, 2021, 05:03:10 PM »
Wasn't there a bow that also acts as a ski pole? or was that the spear-pole thing? Been a while since I've had a character with either.

IIRC the Northern Bow was pretty powerful. There is a mixed in the community that "cultural items" like this would take being of an appropriate tribe. There is no way to code for tribe background so far. There is also whether one might be trained in it. So its up to the BAC user to decide if they "qualify" to make cultural items or not.

« Reply #803 on: May 10, 2021, 02:02:25 PM »
How do I acquire fibre for fletching arrows?

Tinker

« Reply #804 on: May 10, 2021, 03:42:18 PM »
You can get plant fibres from a tall roll of birch bark, the fibre can also be used to make string which is usable as cord.

« Reply #805 on: May 10, 2021, 03:58:58 PM »
You can get plant fibres from a tall roll of birch bark, the fibre can also be used to make string which is usable as cord.
Thank you!

halavus

« Reply #806 on: May 11, 2021, 12:17:42 PM »
Hello

I've trouble harvesting Elk Backstraps. The code is clear IMO, the carcass may be on the ground:

.Elk backstrap. "Hunting horn" [effort:1] [phys:arms] *COMMON*  /15/ [noquality]
{*elk* carcass*}   [ground]        '+Pick up elk carcass'
{Knife} '+note should only be once per carcass'
[TYPE:tool]
[WEIGHT:2]
[PRICE:0]

But the game absolutely wants me to pick up the carcass. There also is this strange note: '+Pick up elk carcass'.

Elks are very heavy. Not any chance to lift one.

Same problem with Reindeers. I've been able to harvest their backstraps by carrying them so far, though.

What am I missing?

Tinker

« Reply #807 on: May 12, 2021, 10:51:48 AM »
This seems to operate in a similar way to splitting logs into halves and quarters, you start with the item on the ground but end up holding a log of 300 Kg. This may be a design feature that makes the task harder, or impossible, if you have the 'wrong' tool, or just a game engine limitation.

You should be able to extract the sinue from the carcase on the ground but you will end up having to drop the carcase afterwards.

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: May 13, 2021, 05:48:12 AM »
Crafting that completes the product in the end, without cooking—curing time is placed in the character’s inventory. It’s game mechanics. For example, crafting a raft.

GrimmSpector

« Reply #809 on: May 14, 2021, 06:35:55 AM »
How does the backpack in this mod work? Does it only contain food? Is the food stuck in it once put inside? Thanks!

anything