Topic: [to 3.63 only] Community mod BAC: Smith, Cooking, Survival, Carpentry, Sewing  (Read 336878 times)

Privateer

« Reply #780 on: April 01, 2021, 08:09:59 PM »

I uninstalled, deleted the remaining folder, re-installed from steam, copied my save backup back, then re-downloaded BAC and installed - no success though, it still crashes.

I'm fascinated, bored and would like to help.
Details: Running Steam version URW v3.63
Removed and reinstalled URW
Reinstalled BAC version ?
Copy back save folder
No other additions to game at this time.

Sorry I don't use BAC, can you tell BAC version and what menu and item is causing this?
Does it crash/freeze up when item is crafted / completed?
After reinstall can you do other things with the save eg; make other item(s) cut trees or pick up items without the game crashing?
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

flibbo

« Reply #781 on: April 01, 2021, 08:42:22 PM »
Did not reproduce

Using character Novrus using {Rock} only as a stand in to speed make some Sanded Boards then used the furniture section with the current recipe.
Weird. I got no idea then. Other than maybe the fact I'm running this on Linux?

flibbo

« Reply #782 on: April 01, 2021, 08:46:14 PM »

I uninstalled, deleted the remaining folder, re-installed from steam, copied my save backup back, then re-downloaded BAC and installed - no success though, it still crashes.

I'm fascinated, bored and would like to help.
Details: Running Steam version URW v3.63
Removed and reinstalled URW
Reinstalled BAC version ?
Copy back save folder
No other additions to game at this time.

Sorry I don't use BAC, can you tell BAC version and what menu and item is causing this?
Does it crash/freeze up when item is crafted / completed?
After reinstall can you do other things with the save eg; make other item(s) cut trees or pick up items without the game crashing?

Using the latest URW version on Steam and BAC version 125 for URW 3.63.7, as downloaded from this thread's OP. Running it an Linux, as I said above.
The crash happens on completion of the recipe, the time (around 6 hours) to make it passes without incident. When it's done it momentarily freezes and then I'm just back on the desktop.
I can do everything else without problems, only the furniture section spells trouble so far.

Edit: The item is the "Furniture Section" in the Carpentry crafting menu, accessing by numpad +

Privateer

« Reply #783 on: April 01, 2021, 09:05:27 PM »
 Thanks for the great clarity.

My next guess is the file name for the image in the task is to long causing a problem
Try shortening the file name;
Rename ww-furnshell_fin.png to something short(er)

then modify the line:
[TILEGFX:ww-furnshell_fin]

to contain the shorter name of the png file. Restart URW and try it.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

flibbo

« Reply #784 on: April 01, 2021, 09:15:53 PM »
Thanks for the great clarity.

My next guess is the file name for the image in the task is to long causing a problem
Try shortening the file name;
Rename ww-furnshell_fin.png to something short(er)

then modify the line:
[TILEGFX:ww-furnshell_fin]

to contain the shorter name of the png file. Restart URW and try it.

Yep, that actually did it - renamed it to ww-f.png and now it's not crashing any more. Thanks a bunch.
Have any suggestion as to which name I should use?  ;D

Privateer

« Reply #785 on: April 01, 2021, 10:48:27 PM »
~snip~ blah blah blah

Yep, that actually did it - renamed it to ww-f.png and now it's not crashing any more. Thanks a bunch.

Glad you can play again :D
Mods:

Ballhammed

« Reply #786 on: April 02, 2021, 11:05:31 AM »
Hey first off cool mod ystävät :DDD

While I was playing the game when I tired to shape a quern stone piece to assemble a quern stone (the recipe calls for 2 quern pieces).
But as soon as I finish creating the 2nd quern piece the first one despawns.

Is this a bug? Is there anything I can do about it?

Anyway thanks regardless.

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: April 02, 2021, 04:15:31 PM »
It’s possibly an issue with the naming ingredients. If the recipe calls for “stone” and the product is “quern stone”; then second crafting could use the first “quern stone” as a stone.

Try to move the made quern stone away from the character (further than to adjacent tile) and you should be able to make another quern stone.

Technically, there should be only 1 quern stone and then a muller stone. But for gaming sense, it doesn’t really need to be separate recipe.

Brygun

« Reply #788 on: April 02, 2021, 06:14:54 PM »
Update

Furniture Shell adjustment

Since some have an issue with the name of the tile graphic it is now ww-furnshell2

The old one had instead of "2" "_fin". Of note the _fin uses the low line not the mid line hyphen. That may also have been an issue on some OS. Maybe not.

While fine on my own computer it caused a hiccup to some. Reason uncertain but lets just fix it shall we.

It is optional to go into your UrW directory truetile to remove ww_furnshell-fin file

If you didnt have a problem then leaving it is just a tiny file space.

Ballhammed

« Reply #789 on: April 02, 2021, 10:03:01 PM »
It’s possibly an issue with the naming ingredients. If the recipe calls for “stone” and the product is “quern stone”; then second crafting could use the first “quern stone” as a stone.

Try to move the made quern stone away from the character (further than to adjacent tile) and you should be able to make another quern stone.

Technically, there should be only 1 quern stone and then a muller stone. But for gaming sense, it doesn’t really need to be separate recipe.

Hi I did what you said and just moved a couple tiles away and it worked great!
Thank you for the quick response.   :)

CristianCam

« Reply #790 on: April 14, 2021, 09:54:09 PM »
Does the zip work for 3.62 version?

Brygun

« Reply #791 on: April 15, 2021, 12:25:48 AM »
Does the zip work for 3.62 version?

The attached BAC v078  is the last version that was made for 3.62.

After that I moved onto 3.63 and making things work with that version.

There may be fixes that pop up that were needed for the earlier version. You might find references in the thread to them but I don't plan on editing for older game versions. You'll need to apply any fixes yourself.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 02:21:25 AM by Brygun »

Brygun

« Reply #792 on: April 15, 2021, 02:25:11 AM »
Message #3 of the first page of this thread for now holds a copy of the v078 for 3.62

Not entirely sure why you would need to stay on the old version unless its a free or "alternate-free" version.

There is a limited number of files allowed attached to each message so at some point may convert that extra message.

Either way as I post each version in the discussion threads they are all here, just need digging by date of UrW version change to find them.

CristianCam

« Reply #793 on: April 15, 2021, 02:59:22 PM »
Message #3 of the first page of this thread for now holds a copy of the v078 for 3.62

Not entirely sure why you would need to stay on the old version unless its a free or "alternate-free" version.

There is a limited number of files allowed attached to each message so at some point may convert that extra message.

Either way as I post each version in the discussion threads they are all here, just need digging by date of UrW version change to find them.

Yes, I'm in that version because it's free but planning to buy it on Steam, anyway thanks for replying

Tinker

« Reply #794 on: April 25, 2021, 12:31:56 PM »
Block Pot

I am probably doing something wrong but cannot see how to use the block pot for cooking.

I went through all the steps to get to the deep block tub then made the block pot which was then listed as a tool but I could still it with water then it is listed as a container. I was trying to make vegetable soup and all the ingredients are listed, seasoning is greyed as it is optional and I have several to choose from, I go through the list confirming everything until I get to cooking pot and the only thing listed is a wooden bowl, I cannot select the pot. I have tried the pot on the ground or in my inventory.

Is there some special way to use the pot?

UPDATE
After filling the pot with water then emptying it it stayed as a container and could be used for cooking.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 01:01:04 PM by Tinker »