Topic: [3.71] [3.63] URWSSSelector v1.0.3  (Read 17750 times)

Night

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2021, 02:42:55 AM »
I took a look at it briefly after reading your post. Seems like it would work, but not something I want to invest a serious amount of time in currently, as I'd have to translate a lot of my work/learn the language before getting a decent foundation built. It's a good idea though for compatibility sake.

Is the mod written in C#? As far as I recall, there's MonoDevelop that is cross-platform, just like Lazarus, but is exactly for C#. Never used it myself, though, (got zero knowledge of C*, hehe), so can't say for sure is it good IDE or not.

Yes its written in C#, I'll look into the link you posted.
URW Character Menu - Cheating menu by a player, for the players.
URW Character Designer - Design your characters sprite!

Night

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2021, 02:08:43 AM »
~Updated for 3.70b beta, minor bug fixes, middle mouse click instructions added to OP

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2021, 07:26:42 PM »
Why isn't this an integral part of the game in the first place?  :D

ineedcords

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2021, 01:35:45 AM »
Why isn't this an integral part of the game in the first place?  :D
If click-n-pick spawn position feature was added to the vanilla game, I would use it. I don't think it is cheating as it is not much different than changing random spawn position several times until you get one you like (similar to character creation time dice re-rolling).

Probably not added because nobody suggested it in the suggestions thread. Feel free to do so :) https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?board=5.0
This could be a good day to utilize your squirrels hides.

Tinker

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2021, 09:56:16 AM »
Because this script does not work with linux I would like to see it added to the vanilla game in some form.

After trying to start an island challenge game, actually on any island, I gave up after 426 rerolls and started a normal game, everything random as usual and I course I was dumped on an island - typical of my luck.

Added to sugestion thread https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=6515.0
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 10:09:09 AM by Tinker »

Night

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2021, 11:17:43 PM »
~ Updated to 3.70 stable

Bert Preast

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2021, 12:48:42 PM »
He's back!  Our night in shining armour  :)

Night

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2021, 12:44:37 PM »
~Updated, same version checking issue.

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2021, 08:50:19 PM »
When I try to use it in the world location menu it just tells me "Unreal world not found running. Closing URWSSSelector."

Night

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2021, 04:06:13 AM »
When I try to use it in the world location menu it just tells me "Unreal world not found running. Closing URWSSSelector."

Just tested and it works fine on my end, If you'd be up for more extensive testing, we can try to pin point the problem over discord:

Night#9736

The try catch statement where you're getting that message from has a couple of different spots that can cause it to throw an error, two things you can check for right now are:

• Running as administrator
• in task manager, under details, confirm that unreal world is running as 'urw.exe'

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2021, 11:41:24 AM »
It might've been because I didn't run it as administrator. I rolled for my start the traditional way. I'll give it another try later.