Topic: Community mod BAC: Smith, Cooking, Punts, Survival, Carpentry, Sewing  (Read 71255 times)

Privateer

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Channel
« Reply #555 on: July 31, 2020, 11:40:04 PM »
If someone have an idea what can I do to repair that

Set the transparency layer for the images. <-Full Stop

zwierzax

• View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 01, 2020, 12:25:07 PM »
Set the transparency layer for the images.

yeah, i do it for few files, it worked... but it hell of a work if you don't have tools and use "free internet" stuff.

it still not worked perfectly, and It not worked like readme in truetile folder says (see attachment)
the upper left corner stays blue, in game should only the colour in 0,0 tile interpreted as "invisible"

tiles from weaving mod looks perfectly normal - loom, spindle/distaff but knitting needles are not (probably its from another author). Still on PC tiles works like intended, only Mac version have this problem, and I don't know who should manage it, Sami as creator, Tukka - author of the MAC port, or mods authors

Privateer

• View Profile
    • My Channel
« Reply #557 on: August 01, 2020, 07:11:13 PM »
Set the transparency layer for the images.
yeah, i do it for few files, it worked... but it hell of a work if you don't have tools and use "free internet" stuff.

Mac version have this problem, and I don't know who should manage it, Sami as creator, Tukka - author of the MAC port, or mods authors

>>>>>>  As far as I know "ALL the Vanilla game graphics work properly on all platforms"  <<<<<<
 So I'd say anyone making a mod is the one who might want to fix it.. Anyone using a mod may also want to fix it.

Far as I know this is a MAC only issue and may be created by things default Windows editor adds now.

For free I use "Transparent PNG Generator" on Windows, as stated earlier. This lets me make MAC compatible graphics, even though I use Windows.

caethan

• View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 01, 2020, 10:51:47 PM »
This is a known issue that shows up on Macs - they don't show PNG files with an alpha layer properly.  So you just have to get rid of the alpha layer.

You can fix them with the default Preview app:

Open the offending file(s) in Preview
Command-Shift-S to Duplicate (make a copy)
Command-S to Save
Deselect the Alpha checkbox
Save over the original file

If you want something you can do in bulk, ImageMagick is free: https://www.imagemagick.org/script/command-line-tools.php

zwierzax

• View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 02, 2020, 12:51:41 AM »
This is a known issue that shows up on Macs

I do what you said so, it works, file came lot bigger but works (test file 381 -> 975 bytes), I also checked other mod tiles that haven't had this issues and they don't save alpha.

>>>>>>  As far as I know "ALL the Vanilla game graphics work properly on all platforms"  <<<<<<
 So I'd say anyone making a mod is the one who might want to fix it.. Anyone using a mod may also want to fix it.

Yes, I don't have any problems with original graphic.
That's why I type post in here not in general bug report.

Brygun

• View Profile
« Reply #560 on: August 02, 2020, 03:28:12 PM »
This is a known issue that shows up on Macs - they don't show PNG files with an alpha layer properly.  So you just have to get rid of the alpha layer.

Well done.

I've added your instructions to the first post of the BAC thread.

anything