Topic: [to 3.63 only] Community mod BAC: Smith, Cooking, Survival, Carpentry, Sewing  (Read 335283 times)

Brygun

« Reply #540 on: July 24, 2020, 03:48:13 AM »
I've made a note in the EE thread as I am fairly confident this is an EE issue.

If its an EE+BAC issue I'm not even sure what I could do within BAC to change the outcome. BAC doesnt modify anything vanilla but where a few core recipes are located in menus and only issues known recipe commands.

That thread is over here:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=5540.0

Ezezaguna

« Reply #541 on: July 24, 2020, 04:35:48 AM »
Hi, Ezezaguna from Extended Encyclopedia here. I have read the issue and I am doing some fixes. The EE wasn't updated to v3.63, so I am going to update it. I will notify if I can check this bug after that.

-Update-

1. I tried to reproduce the crash with the EE v1.0 (the one online) and the UrW v3.63 with BAC 3.63, but I didn't find any problems.

2. I updated the EE to be compatible with UrW v3.63 (there was some issues due to the recent UrW update) and now works fine.

3. I tried to recreate the crash with the EE v.1.1 with UrW v.3.63 and BAC 3.63, but, again, I didn't find any problems.

Also, the EE v1.0 didn't change the .LEATHER ROPE. entry, so It is weird and I can't figure out why it crashed.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 05:57:11 AM by Ezezaguna »

Ezezaguna

« Reply #542 on: July 24, 2020, 05:57:23 AM »
I have just updated the mod. Sadly I couldn't  recreate the crash. Please try the new version and tell me if it happens again  ;D

zwierzax

« Reply #543 on: July 24, 2020, 09:13:33 AM »
Ok, I just try to install BAC on my Mac, and had a crash at startup, in PC/windows works like a charm, with and without EE.
I use Steam, and is a fresh installation.
Right now I try to find with file replace is making the crash, because afer reinstalling (repair via Steam) , some mods contents works

update:
I manage to find that in true tile folder was BAC_mod.zip containing all mod contents, after deletion, no crash
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 04:50:30 PM by zwierzax »

Brygun

« Reply #544 on: July 24, 2020, 02:10:10 PM »
Whelp... I stand corrected. It was a BAC error.

Instruction to ALL users:
Go to your Unreal truetile folder and remove the BAC .zip file
Installing a fresh BAC doesn't remove this file. You must manually remove it.

>>>>

Update, bug fix:

Removes the extra zip of the BAC within the truetile.

I have reorganized to reduce the chance of this returning. As it was my local "Old Versions" where I store the zips is on screen close to the "truetile" of the active version. A slip of the mouse could have dropped a copy the zip back into the truetile. If undetected it leads to a bloatware cycle of zip within a zip within a zip. Local directory arrangements have changed to reduce the risk.

zwierzax

« Reply #545 on: July 24, 2020, 04:34:38 PM »
Another thing, [on MAC] new items looks like this (at least from earthenware), I will keep posted, if its only a clay problem, or other items too, when I managed to make some using new tiles.

Brygun

« Reply #546 on: July 24, 2020, 09:34:47 PM »
Another thing, [on MAC] new items looks like this (at least from earthenware), I will keep posted, if its only a clay problem, or other items too, when I managed to make some using new tiles.

the green space around those should be computing as "nothing" so the rest of the nearby graphics show through.

Its also disturbing that those are two different shades of green. Id have expected the same miscomputing to give the same color.

???

Not sure what I can do about that.

Can you post that in the main gain bugs along the lines of "modded graphics display wrong in MAC". Maybe there is something they can do on their end.

Privateer

« Reply #547 on: July 24, 2020, 10:15:16 PM »

The transparency 'layer' for those 'specific' tiles needs to be set/reset for Mac users.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Brygun

« Reply #548 on: July 25, 2020, 01:10:51 AM »

The transparency 'layer' for those 'specific' tiles needs to be set/reset for Mac users.

I have Corel photo shop which might be able but I've not tried.

Also I don't have a MAC so no way to self test.

Are their volunteers to help our Apple minded brethren?

Privateer

« Reply #549 on: July 25, 2020, 02:05:15 AM »
I've used "Transparent PNG Generator" on Windows. It's free, easy and works to set transparent layer so non-windows understand.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

zwierzax

« Reply #550 on: July 25, 2020, 11:48:12 AM »
Also I don't have a MAC so no way to self test.

Are their volunteers to help our Apple minded brethren?

I spotted it, so i can test. Ususaly play on PC, sometimes mac

c_m_

« Reply #551 on: July 25, 2020, 09:38:31 PM »
First off, congratulations on the mods. I've been playing URW for a few months now, and BAC surely adds tons of gameplay! I have no bugs to report so far, but searched both the files and the forum and couldn't find the answer to a question I have: How much can the new boats carry? I know flotation still isn't in the game, so I don't know how to figure it out.  If it has already been discussed, can someone point me to the answer? Thanks in advance!

c_m_

« Reply #552 on: July 25, 2020, 10:13:38 PM »
First off, congratulations on the mods. I've been playing URW for a few months now, and BAC surely adds tons of gameplay! I have no bugs to report so far, but searched both the files and the forum and couldn't find the answer to a question I have: How much can the new boats carry? I know flotation still isn't in the game, so I don't know how to figure it out.  If it has already been discussed, can someone point me to the answer? Thanks in advance!

Ok, disconsider my question. Just found the answer on the encyclopedia!  ;D

zwierzax

« Reply #553 on: July 27, 2020, 01:11:56 PM »
Back to my problem with transparency layer, right now I crafted something from weaving, stone tools ETC, and the problem persist only in earthenware. If I got more time, I will test more things.

zwierzax

« Reply #554 on: July 31, 2020, 11:13:05 PM »
So, i copied save games from my PC to Mac to see more items and check their tiles, and I was not right, almost all items are bugged by transparency layer.

If someone have an idea what can I do to repair that, or need me to test things, I will