Topic: [to 3.63 only] Community mod BAC: Smith, Cooking, Survival, Carpentry, Sewing  (Read 335331 times)

Privateer

« Reply #555 on: July 31, 2020, 11:40:04 PM »
If someone have an idea what can I do to repair that

Set the transparency layer for the images. <-Full Stop
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

zwierzax

« Reply #556 on: August 01, 2020, 12:25:07 PM »
Set the transparency layer for the images.

yeah, i do it for few files, it worked... but it hell of a work if you don't have tools and use "free internet" stuff.

it still not worked perfectly, and It not worked like readme in truetile folder says (see attachment)
the upper left corner stays blue, in game should only the colour in 0,0 tile interpreted as "invisible"

tiles from weaving mod looks perfectly normal - loom, spindle/distaff but knitting needles are not (probably its from another author). Still on PC tiles works like intended, only Mac version have this problem, and I don't know who should manage it, Sami as creator, Tukka - author of the MAC port, or mods authors

Privateer

« Reply #557 on: August 01, 2020, 07:11:13 PM »
Set the transparency layer for the images.
yeah, i do it for few files, it worked... but it hell of a work if you don't have tools and use "free internet" stuff.

Mac version have this problem, and I don't know who should manage it, Sami as creator, Tukka - author of the MAC port, or mods authors

>>>>>>  As far as I know "ALL the Vanilla game graphics work properly on all platforms"  <<<<<<
 So I'd say anyone making a mod is the one who might want to fix it.. Anyone using a mod may also want to fix it.

Far as I know this is a MAC only issue and may be created by things default Windows editor adds now.

For free I use "Transparent PNG Generator" on Windows, as stated earlier. This lets me make MAC compatible graphics, even though I use Windows.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

caethan

« Reply #558 on: August 01, 2020, 10:51:47 PM »
This is a known issue that shows up on Macs - they don't show PNG files with an alpha layer properly.  So you just have to get rid of the alpha layer.

You can fix them with the default Preview app:

Open the offending file(s) in Preview
Command-Shift-S to Duplicate (make a copy)
Command-S to Save
Deselect the Alpha checkbox
Save over the original file

If you want something you can do in bulk, ImageMagick is free: https://www.imagemagick.org/script/command-line-tools.php

zwierzax

« Reply #559 on: August 02, 2020, 12:51:41 AM »
This is a known issue that shows up on Macs

I do what you said so, it works, file came lot bigger but works (test file 381 -> 975 bytes), I also checked other mod tiles that haven't had this issues and they don't save alpha.

>>>>>>  As far as I know "ALL the Vanilla game graphics work properly on all platforms"  <<<<<<
 So I'd say anyone making a mod is the one who might want to fix it.. Anyone using a mod may also want to fix it.

Yes, I don't have any problems with original graphic.
That's why I type post in here not in general bug report.

Brygun

« Reply #560 on: August 02, 2020, 03:28:12 PM »
This is a known issue that shows up on Macs - they don't show PNG files with an alpha layer properly.  So you just have to get rid of the alpha layer.

Well done.

I've added your instructions to the first post of the BAC thread.

Brygun

« Reply #561 on: August 05, 2020, 03:01:52 PM »
If one of our MAC users makes their own set of corrected graphics we can host them as a separate zip in this thread.  :D

« Reply #562 on: August 18, 2020, 10:44:51 PM »
Hi, I have a question.

I'm trying to make axe hafts, but the description says I need "for core wood" but I dont know what that is or how to get it.
Or is it a bug?

Galgana

« Reply #563 on: August 19, 2020, 03:47:32 AM »
The issue is with the descriptive text in the recipe. What it's really asking for is a short quarter log (from the lumber menu). You can edit the carpentry DIY file to make the description display correctly by adding a + sign inside the single quotes:
Code: [Select]
{Short quarter log} [remove] [patchwise] '+for core wood'

« Reply #564 on: August 20, 2020, 11:55:30 AM »
Ahh I see, thanks!
I just got into modding and didn't know about the DIY files.

« Reply #565 on: August 21, 2020, 12:29:49 AM »
Hello
I've been trying to make a recurved northern bow. To make it I need some antler strips and i cant find this recipe anywhere. Am I missing something?

Brygun

« Reply #566 on: August 21, 2020, 12:57:25 AM »
Update

Started as going through to add the + item into the code where descriptions where given. While most were okay there were instances like those in posts above where people new might not know what base items are. So I added the + to all 'something' lines in the DIY

While doing so I also spotted some typo style mistakes including issues in the clinkered punt for the medieval drill having { } instead of ' '

A user above just asked about antler strips and it seems that is a call to a removed item so I have changed it to a general weight of antler bone.

MAC Users:
If you fixed your graphics be sure to keep the fixed graphics as these are still the original truetiles.

The request for fixed tiles for MAC to be posted is still present as I dont have a MAC to test them with myself.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 12:59:02 AM by Brygun »

BlankPaper

« Reply #567 on: August 27, 2020, 10:38:15 PM »
Hello Brygun!

Earlier I was wondering why I couldn't make staves anything better than decent quality, as I thought your mod had changed how vanilla handled it, but after a little digging it seems it's actually one of the changes from Caethan's Self-sufficiency Mod that hasn't made it into yours! I'm talking about these;

Slender trunks replaced with staffs for several recipes. This allows staff quality to affect the final item quality, enabling you to build high quality items with some effort.
        Grainflail
        Ski stick
        Sesta
    [noquality] added for some ingredients of fixed quality to avoid negatively impacting finished quality:
        Wooden cup and bowl: block of wood
            skill adjustment changed from +20% to -20% to compensate
        Wooden shovel: block of wood
            skill adjustment changed from +10% to -30% to compensate
        Wooden stake and staff: Slender trunk
            skill adjustment reduced by 40% each to compensate

Will we have a chance to see these get ported to your mod? ;D

BlankPaper

« Reply #568 on: August 29, 2020, 02:34:06 PM »
Small bug report; the leather tarp recipe currently doesn't have the [remove] tag on the leather cover and on the cord it uses:

.Leather tarp. "Sesta" *HIDEWORKING* /1h/
{Leather cover} #8# '+from hideworking'
{*cord} =30= '+sewing and tie points'
{Cutting weapon} <Knife>
[NAME:Leather tarp]
[MATERIAL:wood]
[WEIGHT:10]
[PRICE:12]
[SPOILAGE_DAYS:0]
[TYPE:tool]
[TILEGFX:it-defpelt]
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 04:11:11 PM by BlankPaper »

nx4

« Reply #569 on: August 30, 2020, 10:12:51 AM »
So I played through the mod and went looking into the code and I found a bunch of things that didn't make sense. I also found some bugs.

The one bug I found was with upper block pot only weighing in at 5lbs. I found it weird how the item's weight jump up from 5 to 22. The code says its supposed to be 30, but for some reason its not.

The other thing I found weird is the bows. There is no reason at all to make a primitive hunting bow over either a shortbow or the primitive bow. The only reason I can see to make one is for either role playing purposes or one of quality, such as the quality of the primitive bow being capped at decent though, unless there is something that I don't understand, this is not the case. As it is, the primitive hunting bow weights more then twice as much as the other two bows even though it has the same point damage as them. The bow also doesn't really save on anything as it even uses some valuable resources that can be put to other purposes in a pinch. If its a question of time then the short bow is still better. Sure it would take a bit longer to make, but no more then a day or two at most. If you actually need that time instead being put to finding food, a primitive bow is still better because the primitive hunting bow needs you to at least kill something. Why is it this way? This seems counter intuitive.

For my own game I changed the primitive hunting bow so that it followed the shortbows construction path. The now 'birch hunting bow' will have its normal point damage of 7 back and its weight put back to 4. Thought I did increase the time it takes to make and increased the skin needed to make it to 1lb.

Another odd thing I found is the fowling arrows themselves. They have 5 point damage, heavier, and in some cases, harder to make then normal arrows. This being that arrows are cheaper and have more point damage then fowling arrows with it being at 8. Though I may be wrong as I find this information from the wiki. I am not sure where else to look in that case. With that, I also find it weird that making bone arrowheads have a higher quality penalty then forked bone arrowheads.

What is even the point of fowling arrows?

The last odd thing I found is that you make a single arrowshaft form a single board. Those big boards only make one arrow shaft. Unless this is a balancing issue, I still find it weird.

I was also wondering why battlesword or Kaumo spear wasn't in there. It isn't like northern spear and battle axe don't sit along side them, I wanted to add the battlesword in next to the shortsword, but there was not enough space for that unfortunately.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 12:53:45 PM by nx4 »

anything