Topic: WIP[3.7x] Community mod BAC: Smith, Cooking, Survival, Carpentry, Sewing  (Read 5810 times)

Brygun

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2022, 10:58:38 PM »

How are things going?

>>>>

In terms of what can break the modding is very resilient. The only real difficulty is more the oddity if you delete tile graphics. An already created item will still point to that file name and since there isn't one will on the map show nothing. This makes the item invisible while moving around. If you examine the tile to see the list of items it will appear as its name with no graphic.

GrimmSpector

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2022, 05:11:07 AM »
It looks like the Northern Staff Bow isn't working correctly. I can produce it, and when I use it, it tells me it lacks a bowstring, but when I "a"pply a bowstring and try to repair it, it tells me it's not a bow. So I'm at a loss here. :(

GrimmSpector

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2022, 06:44:53 PM »
I wonder if anyone has any uses for dried berries made through this other than as fish bait?

Brygun

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2022, 10:12:52 PM »
I wonder if anyone has any uses for dried berries made through this other than as fish bait?

iirc the Dried berries have a change to the spoilage so that they last much longer than normal berries. That was the intent at the time.

GrimmSpector

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2022, 12:57:12 AM »

iirc the Dried berries have a change to the spoilage so that they last much longer than normal berries. That was the intent at the time.

Yeah, they just don't act like berries anymore, generic food no use in recipes or herblore.

I really can't figure out the bow issue, want that working bow!

Nydxz

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2022, 01:48:07 AM »

Yeah, they just don't act like berries anymore, generic food no use in recipes or herblore.

I really can't figure out the bow issue, want that working bow!

This one is a simple problem. Head in your diy_BAC_bowying file and find this line:

.Northern staff-bow. "Northern spear" [effort:2] [phys:stance,arms] *CARPENTRY*  /7h/ \1d\ |2|

and alter it to this:

.Northern staff-bow. "Northern bow" [effort:2] [phys:stance,arms] *CARPENTRY*  /7h/ \1d\ |2|

Lovesclaiton

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2022, 01:39:25 AM »
Its just me or I cant find the Pliers on Toolmaking, and for some reason the Iron spectacle helm protection crafted is worst than a used one

Pr0man

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2022, 03:02:15 PM »
For some strange reason the dip net straight up doesn't work in 3.71 to scoop lake ore - works as a fishing rod, sure, but that's not why I want to use it. I even downloaded 3.63 stable and tested it out there with the mod version appropriate for 3.63 and all works perfectly fine.
I tried a whole bunch of combinations to see if I'm doing something wrong, but it does not matter if my character holds the dip net, if it is on the ground or if I have it in my inventory to select it if the game asks for the dip net - it won't be recognized as a tool when selecting the "scoop for lake ore" option. Also does not matter if I attach a bone or iron hook to it or leave it unhooked (as an aside, it's weird to be able to attach a hook to it), nothing seems to work.

Tinker

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2022, 10:07:35 AM »
The dip net is based on a fishing rod, see the diy_bac_toolmaking.txt file. This means it inherits the fishing rod property, like being adlse to add hooks.

It may help to change it to Net which should allow fishing for fish as well as ore, or you may need to change it to some other tool or hunting horn.

I cannot test this myself as I am still saving up to buy 3.71,

Pr0man

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2022, 03:34:35 PM »
The dip net is based on a fishing rod, see the diy_bac_toolmaking.txt file. This means it inherits the fishing rod property, like being adlse to add hooks.

It may help to change it to Net which should allow fishing for fish as well as ore, or you may need to change it to some other tool or hunting horn.

I cannot test this myself as I am still saving up to buy 3.71,
Changing it to "Net" worked out after creating a new one.

I was previously fiddling around with the file and tried changing to "Hunting Horn" as well, but that yielded no real results. Doing so again I just had the idea of creating the item again after changing the value, I assume this flag only sets the items capabilities -after- it is created using this action, not retroactively for already existing items in the world, which is why I had not gained any results. Hunting Horn as such might also work if one wants to forego the fishing capabilities of it.

anything