Topic: Character Dementia  (Read 13109 times)

spamgoose

« on: August 05, 2017, 04:14:13 AM »
Just had as close to character dementia as can be experienced in a video game.

Finished my cabin... built the sleeping bunk, and pushed all my lovely furs onto it to make it as cozy as possible. Woke up the next morning, and went out to the woods to cut timber for javelins. Came home to no furs.

Searched absolutely everywhere.. "Where would I have put them?!?!". I've never seen my own life so accurately represented as I frantically searched my entire camp ("WOULD I HAVE PUT THEM IN THE CELLAR?!?!").

Then it occurred to me. The cow. Yup... apparently in my exhaustion, having finished my cabin, I loaded all my furs on the cow, pushed it off the bed, and then went to sleep. I love this game.

Mati256

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 01:10:37 PM »
You sleep with your cow inside? That was common, specially with sheep but I never do it.

Bakkat

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 02:57:42 PM »
hahaha nice : ) ^^

and LOL, Mati, wth
"When All the rivers get poisoned....
...Then we'll realize"

Mati256

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 04:15:14 PM »
It was common to have the cattle inside the house, maybe they did it only in winter.

Forum crops my image but the animals are just to the right.

LoLotov

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 04:39:42 AM »
Needs disease simulation so that your bedside cow will give you tuberculosis or something...
Iiiiii juuuuust want to set the woooooooorld onnnn fiiiiiiiiireeeeeee.... Iiiiiiii don't want to start a flame in your heeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrt.
And with your admissiiiiion you feeeeel the same, I'llllll have reached the goaaaal I'm dreamiiiing offfff, believe meeeeee

Saiko Kila

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 08:45:01 PM »
I keep all my animals inside except dogs. Dogs can sleep outside, because that's the Way of the Dog (and because they eat items reserved for trade). Because I have minimal lighting inside, I made a similar mistake not once or twice.

spamgoose

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 02:39:49 AM »
Sometimes I forget to close the door.
Cow comes in entirely of its own free-will.
It's all very consensual.... officer.

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2017, 07:57:52 PM »
The roleplayer thinks this custom made much sense.

Wolves can get over fences in-game, and considering this game was made to be realistic we can assume that ancient finns didn't know how to make wolf proof fences. Of course most northern societies hadn't mastered high fences either. But we do know that houses are mostly wolf proof, and since most houses in northern parts of the world at that time were very long, it makes sense to have space for bessie.

PALU

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2017, 01:46:03 PM »
I believe the main reason for keeping the animals indoors in the old days was because of warmth. Just people give off a fair amount of body heat, and big animals like cows even more so. A few farm animals indoors could improve the temperature from utterly unbearable to just unbearable.

PoisonPen

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2017, 12:41:58 AM »
It's also that it was an entirely different way of thinking.  The extended family all lived under the same roof, all the aunts and uncles and grandparents and kids and counsins, and often all in the same room together.  It allowed for social bonding, emotional intimacy, mutual education, and shared burden of child-rearing.  To people used to sleeping side by side in straw pallets, animals close enough to share warmth would be completely natural.

A lot of people don't realize that the we've evolved for the extended family, and that the idea of the nuclear family is barely 150 years old -- and why modern culture is creating epidemics of social isolation, mental illness, ennui, and sociopathy.