Topic: Decorations Mod!  (Read 6701 times)

rudy

« on: January 31, 2021, 03:35:35 AM »

Above you see my new bearskin rug and wall antler decorations.

Seeking ideas/suggestions for other decorative items that could be implemented.

I'm hoping to have enough to justify a single menu.

Some sort of flower wreath will be one. Perhaps more than one flower-y thing.

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2021, 03:47:25 AM »
Nice!
 Not sure if any of these still align properly
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

rudy

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2021, 05:21:40 AM »
Nice!
 Not sure if any of these still align properly

Thanks!

I like the images, the last one in particular. It's a bit anachronistic, since I don't think we'd be seeing glass, no? But I still like it. I'm torn.

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2021, 06:04:44 AM »
Replace glass bottles with wooden, and ceramic cups, and bottles.

Wall hung furs, later with fabrics becoming more accessible/affordable, hung wall cloths.
Search for “ryijy” in Finnish for inspiration pictures.
No idea if it were ever a thing, but wall mounted weapons would make sense. Keep them away from kids, out of any clutter or animals, yet readily available. (I often push warrior style character’s door frames with shields, swords, spears, axes. Whatever the characters uses)

Not an interior, nor decoration; but I’d like to see ‘seita’ which is sort of ‘totem’ a place for communing with spirits, leaving them gifts, asking for favorable harvest/hunt/catch and so on.

Galgana

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2021, 02:37:15 AM »

A while ago I found the bench tile in someone's pre-v3.3 graphics pack on the old forum. I thought it was an excellent candidate for modular furniture, so I used it to replace some of the woodworking pieces in BAC but I'm posting them here without the mod's prefixes. (The bench can also represent a single shelf over a fireplace.)

GrimmSpector

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2021, 05:24:01 AM »
It's too bad you can't make real building pieces. I'd love to have decorated tables with items on them that take the items to produce, like bowls and cups. And wall hangings, and shutters that close. The wall hanging you have looks good, but it's just an item, right?

Privateer

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2021, 06:30:42 AM »
Yea, they are just items :/
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Brygun

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2021, 12:56:16 AM »
Suggestion

Squirrel hide (trade good too)

Stuffed squirrel

Reindeer head w antlers

Elk head

Elk antlers

Feather fan (radial various decorative feathers)