Topic: Harvesting(edited:boiled down to harvesting, ignore redundant leather discus.)  (Read 10295 times)

Dr.Hossa

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2021, 06:24:22 PM »
I also tend to roam around in vacuum-cleaner mode (funny I thought of the word even before finding it in yours, @Dr.Hossa), thus upholding that roguelike tradition.

My camp consists of dispersed piles of sorted goods (junk).

So yes, I too would very much like to see quick-key for toggling vacuum mode on and off (used when entering camp).

alt+g?

Vacuum cleaners for all
This will be the beginning of industrialisation and emanzipation in UrW, should they come.
sorry, my brain's full of garbage.
anyway
Next: Thermomix, drip-dry clothes, diaper-change courses for fathers.
Man, i would love to see an female njerpez commander-in-chief fighting machine
stop lazin around, guys, times are changing xD
So better do the laundry 8)

https://giphy.com/gifs/xUA7beKYWMOGBH28GQ/html5

« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 06:34:58 PM by Dr.Hossa »

Galgana

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2021, 08:47:56 PM »
I too enjoy raking the woods. Perhaps auto-pickup could be enabled by wielding a rake.

Brygun

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2021, 09:12:57 PM »
"Harvest and pick"

as a separate command suits me. Its the primary function of harvesting but might not be the only one. A separate command makes it easier for Saami to code, adds an extra clock tick or two and it goes to inventory. Would never actualy have to appear on the ground. Just an extra tick or two of time (depending on amount)

>>>>

Picking branches

I dont think Ive ever done pick branches or spruce twigs and not picked them up. Maybe that should be producing into inventory too.

>>>

"Vacumn cleaner"

Uhhh.... well if its a switch I dont have to use it.

I do a lot of gathers as we do need recources but I usually target that right now I'm doing stones and later something else.

Buoidda

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2021, 06:22:35 AM »
I too enjoy raking the woods. Perhaps auto-pickup could be enabled by wielding a rake.

I should know better not to mix politics in, but this is so funny I can't resist. (English-spoken clip of a Finnish satire on contemporary matters, like raking the woods) ;D

Send him to Finland! (Trigger warning: mr. Trump)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 06:32:46 AM by Buoidda »

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2021, 07:04:26 AM »
Picking branches

I dont think Ive ever done pick branches or spruce twigs and not picked them up. Maybe that should be producing into inventory too.

I gather branches often from directly the shelter and then push few unto the campfire spot.
Most of the time building shelter, I do it next to spruce and don’t pick the cut twigs, just push the excess twigs into the shelter.

PALU

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2021, 10:43:48 AM »
I suspect Brygun HAS cut branches without picking them up immediately: The pick branches quest has you pick a lot of branches to be delivered, and I don't pick them up until I've cut all of them.

I've also used branches as building material cut sufficiently close to the building site to be used directly from the ground (shelters and pit traps), like JP_Finn does.

I'd be careful about pushing things around if the stacks are large, though: I made the mistake once of pushing the feather collection to one side. That took many hours, as pushing consumes time per item, while picking up stacks takes time per stack. Pushing stacks of many items onto animals can also take a silly amount of time.