Topic: 3.63 New fire mechanics  (Read 10165 times)

PALU

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2021, 10:01:44 AM »
I tried 32 branches per day in my 3*1 sauna and lost about 1/6 to spoilage. A later attempt with 10 firewood per day resulted in no spoilage.

Evuul

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2021, 12:17:11 AM »
What if you smoke meat in a village sauna building? They light the fireplace pretty much every day. Would that be tracked and allow the smoked meat process to succeed?

I did it, and to my surprise, was stolen by villagers.
I was quite confuse and then started looking...

several were with 5-20 deer smoked cuts for example.
and the whole amount was lacking pieces. Weird.

So, fetch them quickly.

paulkorotoon

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2021, 07:17:10 PM »
I did it, and to my surprise, was stolen by villagers.
I guess this should be considered a fee for using their sauna. Honestly, the whole village can't take a proper bath becouse of some stranger smoking his meat in there!
Biggest Russian UrW fan

werepacman

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2021, 09:31:14 PM »
15 firewoods a day for how long?
This prevents from traveling and exploring the world.

I personaly find this masochistic. It is fun when there is new content in the game but not when common tasks require repeating same actions.
Im very casual player so may be missing some joy from game  ;D.

Privateer

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2021, 09:53:18 PM »

Well it takes less wood then that, like 3 firewood once per day.

I do agree that I felt much the same way about being lashed to my settlement. The old method was way OP, so I can't argue to much with the smoking change being more realistic/harder.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Matti-patti

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2021, 10:40:47 PM »

Well it takes less wood then that, like 3 firewood once per day.

I do agree that I felt much the same way about being lashed to my settlement. The old method was way OP, so I can't argue to much with the smoking change being more realistic/harder.

Next one up: cut the possibility of drying when the temperature is dry AND freezing. Or more generally, restrict drying to Swidden, Dirt and Dead months.

Plotinus

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2021, 08:32:35 AM »

I personaly find this masochistic. It is fun when there is new content in the game but not when common tasks require repeating same actions.
I've found myself using salt more often. If my current plans are to stay near home and do various tasks for 2 weeks then I smoke. If it's October-April, then I dry. If it's summer and I want to do stuff, I use salt.

Before I basically never used salt because it was expensive and smoked stuff lasts longer. Now it's sometimes a worthwhile tradeoff

Tom H

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2021, 08:44:09 PM »

I've found myself using salt more often. If my current plans are to stay near home and do various tasks for 2 weeks then I smoke. If it's October-April, then I dry. If it's summer and I want to do stuff, I use salt.

Before I basically never used salt because it was expensive and smoked stuff lasts longer. Now it's sometimes a worthwhile tradeoff

Exactly! I never used to use salt, after I learned that smoking kept the meat viable, longer. Now, I've collected dozens of sacks of salt in my camps so I'm not tied down for two weeks tending a fire.