Topic: [to 3.63 only] Community mod BAC: Smith, Cooking, Survival, Carpentry, Sewing  (Read 336803 times)

Brygun

« Reply #600 on: November 03, 2020, 04:43:43 AM »
Proper feedback doesn't benefit from vague humor. If you can mention specific recipes and it helps with menu (or DIY file) it will help fix things.

Sorry, I did not want to mock anyone or something - "for core wood" is in carpentry menu for making axe hafts - and recipe really asking for short quarter log from lumber menu.

I thought is long known bugs that author of mod should repair, and you Brygun just put everything together.

With the '+' in the text line it is, I hope, saying ... let me test....

... and

No, the fix didnt fix it.

Thought it would say:

"Short quarter log For core wood"

from this recipe... so I need to fix it a different way... bother

.Axe haft. "Hunting horn" (4) [effort:2] [phys:arms,hands,stance]   *TIMBERCRAFT* %10% |-1| /120/ [patch:4]
{Short quarter log}       [remove] [patchwise]   '+For core wood'
{Axe}<Carving axe>       [noquality]
{Knife}<Small knife>
[MATERIAL:wood]
[WEIGHT:1]
[PRICE:0]
[TILEGFX:bc-axehaft]
//was 30 min for 1
//Now produces multiple with longer time

Brygun

« Reply #601 on: November 03, 2020, 04:53:28 AM »
Not a bug

reread modding

the + has to be ahead of the quotes not in it

>>>>

Which means I need to go through ever BAC file to fix that wherever it might be

:( :o

:-[  :'(

Brygun

« Reply #602 on: November 03, 2020, 09:53:36 PM »
Investigating why the "For core wood" shows up as it does.

Brygun

« Reply #603 on: November 05, 2020, 06:49:25 PM »
Update

Minor fix to the carpentry for the axe aft

Mixed findings on the + 'word' vs '+word' phrasing and Ive not been able to focus on doing an every file check. So for now at least a fix to the one recipe. Which is really to remove the '+word' entirely as its not so much a core but the wood for the axe haft.

seaurchinhead

« Reply #604 on: November 14, 2020, 05:21:45 PM »
Hello! I've recently found this mod and using it, though I think I found a problem.

I was trying to make an arrow and I had no problem making a shaft from a branch and a tip from a bone, but fibre I made from barks doesn't seem like work for 'some fibre' as said in the menu...

edit: Here's a screenshot
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 05:47:01 PM by seaurchinhead »

Brygun

« Reply #605 on: November 14, 2020, 08:23:27 PM »
Looking into it:

Suspect:
Its the "mixed" part of the ingredient that is throwing the recipe off

Can you try editing the diy_BAC_Fletching.txt line from

{Fibre from*}       [remove] [patchwise] [noquality]   '+Some fibre'

to

{*fibre from*}       [remove] [patchwise] [noquality]   '+Some fibre'

and try it?

Query: Will that fix through off the existing non mixed fibre because of the capital F change

seaurchinhead

« Reply #606 on: November 14, 2020, 10:07:56 PM »
I tried as you suggested and it worked both for mixed and not mixed fibres! Thank you very much.

edit: Just a quick question/suggestion I had though, wouldn't it be better to have 'tying equipment' for the part rather than just fibres, so writhes and/or cords can also be used for arrows?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 10:11:00 PM by seaurchinhead »

Brygun

« Reply #607 on: November 15, 2020, 07:20:03 PM »
I tried as you suggested and it worked both for mixed and not mixed fibres! Thank you very much.

edit: Just a quick question/suggestion I had though, wouldn't it be better to have 'tying equipment' for the part rather than just fibres, so writhes and/or cords can also be used for arrows?

"tying equipment" includes ropes which are rather thick for arrows.

Brygun

« Reply #608 on: November 15, 2020, 07:23:08 PM »
Update

Fletching recipe rewording for the recently reported mixed fibre issue

Brygun

« Reply #609 on: November 17, 2020, 02:39:53 AM »
A reminder that I can no longer always test things properly. IF you see a bug report it here. Recently someone made an innocent joke assuming the bug was known. It that case I thought I had already fixed the bug but it turned out the fix hadn't work. Because of the report/joke it got fixed properly.  Do let us know if there is something amiss.

Due to ingredient needs etc I might not have a character with X Y or Z on hand to do a test. I test a few things but not always everything these days.

Pr0man

« Reply #610 on: November 18, 2020, 01:38:25 AM »
Well, one issue that seems to permeate throughout a couple of recipes is the naming of items in such recipes.

The Clay Kiln is a pretty good example, talking about lower and middle wall materials which I could not find for the love of god. Once I checked the files to learn that it talks about rocks and stones specifically that cleared it up a tad, though I did not yet test if crafting with those materials is specifically possible then.

EDIT: While playing today I also came across another issue: Smoking fish the vanilla way, meaning inside a finished house with a lit fireplace will always result in spoiled foods. I'm fairly certain I am doing something wrong there? Decided to mention it anyways because searching the last 15-some pages didn't give me any results and it might just be a bug.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 07:46:34 PM by Pr0man »

Brygun

« Reply #611 on: November 19, 2020, 05:12:57 AM »
 :) I'll look into the Clay Kiln recipe. Report those you spot.

>>>

Smoked fish spoiling isn't anything I've touched so please report that in the game bugs thread.

I've smoked fish with Norvus and didn't have issues so also don't think its likely a BAC issue.

Brygun

« Reply #612 on: November 19, 2020, 05:22:56 AM »
So I looked at the Clay Kiln

The verb "for" was assumed.

This is one of those things were those familiar, like the coder, mental inject the word that new players don't know is needed.

The code + marker is working fine. Its doing exactly as told.

The picture below is marked to have in the red circle the object called and the blue is around the extra description. A new user though wouldn't necessarily know to separate it and the word "for" would clear that up.

Frostbit

« Reply #613 on: November 19, 2020, 05:43:31 AM »
Smoking fish the vanilla way, meaning inside a finished house with a lit fireplace will always result in spoiled foods. I'm fairly certain I am doing something wrong there?

This might explain it:
http://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=5527.0

Brygun

« Reply #614 on: November 19, 2020, 07:04:18 AM »
Update

The great verb fix.

Adding verbs to the '+' description and spotted a bug or too. Hopefully my late night editing didnt introduce errors. This one did end up going through every biy_ and diy_ file in the BAC. So... like every recipe in the BAC. Ooof.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 07:07:16 AM by Brygun »