Topic: [to 3.63 only] Community mod BAC: Smith, Cooking, Survival, Carpentry, Sewing  (Read 336914 times)

BirdiesGrimm

« Reply #450 on: March 22, 2020, 04:44:41 PM »
I'm running an older version of Buoidda's mod, but I had the same issue when attempting to dig clay. I updated the line referring to having a pit nearby to this:
{[NEARBY_TILE:Hole in the ground]}      'Pit for digging clay'

And now mine works!

Funnily enough for some reason I had to change "hole in the ground" into just "pit" and that worked for me. Thank you so much for helping me out.

Brygun

« Reply #451 on: March 24, 2020, 10:34:01 PM »
Odd. I know my guy Novrus dug up clay and made stuff back in the day. Dont recall any thing in recent vanilla game changes.

Ill look into it.

Please remember where possible, like if you have a fix, to mention which of many files it is in. Just speeds things up for me.

Brygun

« Reply #452 on: March 24, 2020, 10:36:53 PM »
Id need some clarification. There are two commands for digging up clay. The from the sea shore requires you stand IN the water next to the pit. It was a trick to ensure the pit was actually at the shore.

A switch to "nearby tile" would also be a way to do that.

Okay relooked...

The pit can be made in any lake or river map and you stand ON the pit to simulate climbing into the pit, past the soil and vegatation layers

The seashore version is you go to a SEA map tile, getting wet, dangerous in the cold, by climbing into water to access the already exposed clay.

>>>>>>>>>
diy_BAC_Earthenware
>>>>>

.Dig clay. "Hunting Horn" [effort:2] [phys:arms,hands,stance]    *WEATHERLORE*   /1/ [noquality] [patch]
{[TERRAIN:lake river]}            'Lake or river (not rapids)'
{[TILE:Hole in the ground]}         'Pit for digging clay'
{Shovel}<Shovel>
[NAME:clay lump]
[MATERIAL:stone]
[WEIGHT:2]
[PRICE:0]
[TILEGFX:bc-clay]

.Dig clay from sea shore. "Hunting Horn" [effort:2] [phys:arms,hands,stance]    *WEATHERLORE*   /1/ [noquality] [patch]
{[TERRAIN:sea]}            'Sea shore'
{[TILE:Water]}            'Stand in water'
{Shovel}<Shovel>
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 10:42:00 PM by Brygun »

BirdiesGrimm

« Reply #453 on: March 24, 2020, 10:45:33 PM »
I looked into it and the update on the 20th changed it from "hole in the ground" to "pit"

Brygun

« Reply #454 on: March 25, 2020, 10:27:17 PM »
thanks

Ill implement it shortly

Brygun

« Reply #455 on: March 26, 2020, 01:37:57 AM »
I think it needs to be using "Pit" as the word as it should be completed pit.

I suspect that since Nearby_Tile is still seeing "Hole in the ground" that phrase might be referencing a partial pit not a completed one.

Brygun

« Reply #456 on: March 26, 2020, 01:40:18 AM »
Update

Using the "Pit" phrase for the getting clay from the land near a lake or river

Needs confirmation test

>>>
Code change for this version also include reference to standing on the tile vs next to it

.Dig clay. "Hunting Horn" [effort:2] [phys:arms,hands,stance]    *WEATHERLORE*   /1/ [noquality] [patch]
{[TERRAIN:lake river]}            'Lake or river (not rapids)'
{[TILE:Pit]}      'Stand in a pit'
{Shovel}<Shovel>

.Dig clay from sea shore. "Hunting Horn" [effort:2] [phys:arms,hands,stance]    *WEATHERLORE*   /1/ [noquality] [patch]
{[TERRAIN:sea]}            'Sea shore'
{[TILE:Water]}            'Stand in the sea water'
{Shovel}<Shovel>
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 01:54:23 PM by Brygun »

Mcrmccain

« Reply #457 on: March 28, 2020, 08:33:59 PM »
I'm sure this doesn't belong here, but shy of messaging the moderator directly idk where else to write this. I'm new, obviously, and I'm having a hard time downloading this mod, i click on the link in the first topic page, then click the "BAC downlosd link" then it tells me i do not have permission to view this page. Where do i download this from, if not there..

Tinker

« Reply #458 on: March 29, 2020, 10:23:52 AM »
Works OK for me using the link in the first post or the link in the post above yours.

I think you need to be logged in to download so maybe that is your problem?

Brygun

« Reply #459 on: March 31, 2020, 12:02:13 AM »
I'm sure this doesn't belong here, but shy of messaging the moderator directly idk where else to write this. I'm new, obviously, and I'm having a hard time downloading this mod, i click on the link in the first topic page, then click the "BAC downlosd link" then it tells me i do not have permission to view this page. Where do i download this from, if not there..

First option is the post 1 of this whole thread

Second option is the most recent update message, a few posts above. Probably the same message will come up making it a board moderator issue or login issue.

Third option would be for someone to let you use the forum message feature to arrange an email exchange, but that again takes us back to logging into the forum.

Brygun

« Reply #460 on: April 23, 2020, 07:17:58 PM »
A BAC update is planned for soon (tm) based on things noticed during my Cornan play through

https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=5461.0

A major item it turns out I code the [LENGTH:] wrong for my things.

There are other play balance and time tweaks.

reminded

« Reply #461 on: April 23, 2020, 10:46:16 PM »
Just in case you haven't had time to test it yourself, the change listed above for digging clay by a lake works.

But, can you please tell me where to find the recipe for making charcoal?

Brygun

« Reply #462 on: April 23, 2020, 11:25:56 PM »
The charcoal recipe I believe is a carry forward from Rain's iron working mod. He wrote that mod years ago. We were on the old forums then and a much earlier version of the game. Rain's work has been at the core of several major mods.

reminded

« Reply #463 on: April 24, 2020, 12:15:34 AM »
I found it.  Charcoal is under lumber.  Guess I just didn't look well enough
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 12:25:20 AM by reminded »

Brygun

« Reply #464 on: April 24, 2020, 02:20:45 AM »
I found it.  Charcoal is under lumber.  Guess I just didn't look well enough

I totally misunderstood your question  ::)