Topic: Short Questions/Quick Answers  (Read 112796 times)

JEB Davis

« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2018, 04:46:53 PM »
Anyone notice when traveling by punt that the punt disappears?

I'm using a modded dugout canoe, which uses a copy of the new 3.50b2 punt graphics.
When zooming in or out, the canoe is visible, but disappears when moving.

(edit) This is in "old hardware mode".

PALU

« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2018, 05:58:30 PM »
Anyone notice when traveling by punt that the punt disappears?

I'm using a modded dugout canoe, which uses a copy of the new 3.50b2 punt graphics.
When zooming in or out, the canoe is visible, but disappears when moving.

(edit) This is in "old hardware mode".
Nope. I have no issues with my purchased punt (using "normal" mode, beta 2). You should probably get hold of a standard punt to compare. Do you have the same issue with a raft (and with a home grown raft clone)? If your machine can handle it, I'd also try normal hardware mode for a short while to see if there's a difference.

Bakkat

« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2018, 06:28:29 PM »
(...) He doesn't even own a knife...

There lies your answer. You might face regret u.u
"When All the rivers get poisoned....
...Then we'll realize"

Míriel

« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2018, 06:32:19 PM »
Hi, I've been trying to complete the old man's punt quest in winter and I've read in an older post that snowing also counts for the log requirement so I've cut three different trees but to no avail, the craftsman doesn't recognizes the logs even when they are right under him. Anyone has an idea why this is happening? By the way, I'm sure at least one of them was cut during snow because they don't stack together.

koteko

« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2018, 07:19:25 PM »
In my experience, if the rain stops before you finish cutting down the tree, it doesn't work. So I always make sure that the rain is there from when I start cutting to when the trunk goes down. Those have never failed me. This means you might have to cut down 4-5 trees before you get one that makes sense.

I guess this might be the case for snow, either.

PALU

« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2018, 08:33:37 PM »
As far as I've seen, stacking should be a sure way to determine if you've got both kinds, so if you've got a pile of two trunks and they don't stack (and not because one is a trunk and the other a log!) on the ground when talking to the correct person it might be a bug. I'd also recheck whether the quest calls for a trunk or a log. Snow works the same as rain, as far as I've seen.

MrMotorhead

« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2018, 09:07:49 PM »
I completed the punt quest by starting to cut down a tree and interrupting the action before it completed.  Then I slept out in the open so the rain woke me up, then immediately finished cutting down the tree.  I strongly suspect that the game checks the weather when the tree falls.

Míriel

« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2018, 03:38:16 AM »
Thanks for the fast responses. PALU was right I had to turn the trunk into a log before the craftsman considered it, now I just have to wait a week :)

Edico

« Reply #83 on: March 24, 2018, 08:51:11 PM »
A few random questions:

1) For physician skill, does being injured incur a penalty to the skill like other skills? Is heather the best herb to use for cleaning/dressing? If I have a wound subject to bleeding, do I use nettle for cleaning/dressing, or just when it starts to bleed? Does fine pot of water help or doesn't matter for cleaning?

2) ‎Are skillups per day limited to the number of stars listed next to them in skills page, or is it 3 across the board? Are skillup chances penalized for fatigue,injury, encumbrance?

3) ‎Other than initial skill values, how do stats affect character abilities? Speed, eyesight, hearing seem obvious. I guess endurance affects how much of an encumbrance penalty you suffer? Does dex affect how often you fumble weapons? Agility something about not getting knocked down as easily?

« Reply #84 on: March 24, 2018, 11:21:11 PM »
A few random questions:

1) For physician skill, does being injured incur a penalty to the skill like other skills? Is heather the best herb to use for cleaning/dressing? If I have a wound subject to bleeding, do I use nettle for cleaning/dressing, or just when it starts to bleed? Does fine pot of water help or doesn't matter for cleaning?

2) ‎Are skillups per day limited to the number of stars listed next to them in skills page, or is it 3 across the board? Are skillup chances penalized for fatigue,injury, encumbrance?

3) ‎Other than initial skill values, how do stats affect character abilities? Speed, eyesight, hearing seem obvious. I guess endurance affects how much of an encumbrance penalty you suffer? Does dex affect how often you fumble weapons? Agility something about not getting knocked down as easily?

1) The quality of the pot doesn't matter; water is water regardless. I'm fairly certain injury does result in a penalty to physician skill, though I could be wrong on that. Not sure about the herb questions.

2) Three per day, but skills with more stars can be raised more quickly. I'm not sure on the details of that, but I assume the more stars a skill has the higher the chance is of it increasing when used. Not sure about penalties though.

3) The stars next to your skills are calculated based on your stats - so not only do your stats affect your initial skill values, they also affect the rate of increase. Endurance does indeed affect encumbrance - but keep in mind that how much you can carry is calculated based on both endurance and weight. Speed, eyesight, and hearing are obvious, like you said. The other stats only affect your skills.

As far as I'm aware, dexterity and agility don't have any direct affects on combat, but they do affect your combat skills. The accuracy of your attacks depends on your skill with the weapon you're using; weapons skills are influenced by dexterity and/or strength (plus eyesight in the case of bow/crossbow). Success in dodging (and therefore not getting tripped over trying to dodge) depends on your dodge skill, which is dependent on agility, speed, and eyesight.

JEB Davis

« Reply #85 on: March 24, 2018, 11:35:15 PM »
Once upon a time, I saw a list of skills that were / were not affected by the fatigue/injury penalty. Of course I've no idea where it was. IIRC, Physician was not affected, but I could be wrong.

Endurance helps you recover from fatigue faster. You can try this by "waiting" and watching how many turns it takes to lower the penalty.

One of the things I like is that Sami doesn't give away the inner workings of the game. It keeps us guessing  :)

citizensnips

« Reply #86 on: March 25, 2018, 12:51:18 AM »
Is there a way to change your character name? I kept starting new playthroughs as I learn the game and on the one that is finally working out I gave my guy a stupid name.

Privateer

« Reply #87 on: March 25, 2018, 03:06:52 AM »
Sorry, there is no easy way
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

PALU

« Reply #88 on: March 25, 2018, 11:17:10 AM »
If I've understood penalties correctly, very light, and possibly light, skills are unaffected by encumbrance, and it seems fatigue doesn't affect those skills either. If that's the case physician should be unaffected by those, and injury possibly likewise be ignored (quite important if you're close to death after failing to resist a robbery!).

Low endurance probably has a very nasty effect beyond slow recovery: namely an increased risk of fainting due to pain (my character before the current one died because of that: a wolf bite to the arm resulted in fainting... Well before that, most every robber encounter resulted in fainting as a moronic hireling would fire an arrow into the back of the character, and once a robber managed to hit with an arrow, resulting in the character being immediately robbed and transported away, despite the hirelings being in the way of them of actually reaching the character. They were more or less frozen in place as the character got replacement equipment and returned to the fight, zooming in to the same location as before the fainting).

Swimming distance is extremely dependent on encumbrance, while injury only has a minor effect. I haven't compared across characters, so I can't say anything about stat effects, although I'd expect a low endurance would cause fatigue to be accumulated faster.

Bakkat

« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2018, 09:26:21 PM »
I've got a question, fellows.

I'm ready to meet the Forest Spirit but i am not sure about the materials i can offer to it. In the description it says that it has to be silver. I've seen few items tagged with Silver on it (not sure if valuables or even armours).

The question is do i have to offer an item tagged with "silver" on it? Or does a knife, for example, worth?

Thanks in advance
"When All the rivers get poisoned....
...Then we'll realize"

anything