Topic: Short Questions/Quick Answers  (Read 112818 times)

Lurcolm1

• Not freezing to death is achieved by murder
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 30, 2018, 11:38:05 PM »
What's the differences between longbows, hunting bows and northern bows?

Privateer

« Reply #166 on: July 01, 2018, 01:34:02 AM »
What's the differences between longbows, hunting bows and northern bows?
Longbow is best, Northern bow is better than hunting bow
Tried to find any of the older posts where the specifics had been looked up and replied but can't find atm.
The differences are in; Range, Accuracy and power
Just checked the wiki and it looks right
http://www.unrealworld.fi/wiki/index.php?title=Weapons#Bows
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 01:36:55 AM by Privateer »
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

littlemoons

« Reply #167 on: July 11, 2018, 01:57:07 AM »
Been teaching one of my students how to play URW, and boy does this girl pick it up fast.

We have a question about v3.5.0. Does rain make it harder for our character to start a fire?

Privateer

« Reply #168 on: July 11, 2018, 04:10:12 AM »
Without doing research, I remember it being discussed and think this is the case for "unprotected" fire.
I seem to recall this being enhanced along with, burning on previous spot lighting faster and duration of fire is examinable.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

PALU

« Reply #169 on: July 11, 2018, 10:23:23 AM »
I can't say if rain makes it harder to light a fire. I've seen that lighting a fire next to an existing fire never seems to fail (a procedure used for preparing soil for agriculture), and Privateer is probably correct about lighting fire on top of ashes. It can also be mentioned that it's not a good idea to place food to be cooked on old ashes, as the food gets burnt, and standing on old ashes (e.g. when preparing soil) is a lot warmer than standing elsewhere (but not harmfully so). I suspect it might be possible to use this ash heat effect when it's very cold and you need to e.g. treat an elk hide, but haven't tried it myself.

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #170 on: April 20, 2019, 06:21:15 PM »
I'm fairly certain that rain does impact fire starting, it always seems to take more tries in the rain.

I have a question: Does repeatedly walking over growing plants harm them or impede their growth?  For some reason I've always assumed that it does, although I have no evidence.

PALU

« Reply #171 on: April 20, 2019, 07:15:54 PM »
I've had my character literally spend hours trying to light the stove in the "sauna", although I'm not sure whether it was raining outside or not...

I've never seen any damage to crops from walking over them, and I've had my character do so daily (over the same tiles) for quite some time. I've seen wild plants go away after animals walked over them, but I suspect they may simply have been eaten rather than trampled.