Topic: [Outdated] [3.80] Community Mod BAC  (Read 14819 times)

Senthe

« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2023, 11:42:12 AM »
Where can I find a full list of BAC features? As far as I can see there's a few threads with updates and such, but is there any place with a full doc with all the features that are currently supported?

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2023, 08:11:34 AM »
I believe the only way to find out ALL the features in BAC is to get open all of the files included in the mod and read through the files. Each .this item. is added “recipe” some are items, some are actions; like harvesting bog ore.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2023, 06:25:20 PM by JP_Finn »

niftybottle

« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2023, 07:54:18 AM »
Do BAC in its current state work with current 3.81/3.82 version?
Pretty well. Some things like ore scoops may be slightly bugged.

hubertus

« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2023, 02:50:41 PM »

Also some things may be missing from menus: it looks like the Fishing [M]enu is too full to show the netting needle that can be crafted from there since 3.81.

Bert Preast

« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2023, 06:04:07 PM »
Where can I find a full list of BAC features? As far as I can see there's a few threads with updates and such, but is there any place with a full doc with all the features that are currently supported?

There is an old and partial list of the features in the link below.  Lots has been added since then, but there is still a large amount of useful info:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/urwforum/buoidda-39-s-crafts-1-6-2-updated-2017-01-30-t8043.html

Brygun

« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2023, 02:38:53 AM »

Also some things may be missing from menus: it looks like the Fishing [M]enu is too full to show the netting needle that can be crafted from there since 3.81.

My last update to BAC was for 3.80 so 3.81 will have issues

If its just not showing then you can temporarily comment out one of the items you're not making then it should pop in.

3.81 really didn't inspire me to make another round of updates as things like nets were already in BAC and its predecessors for years.

Also you don't need a needle to make a net. It helps with quality but its not mandatory. I went through an exercise of making a landing net using my own palm as the spacing guide.

IIRC modding language doesnt yet allow having optional items to boost quality which is something thats been requested.

Mod interference will happen when items are added to vanilla since BAC uses almost all the slots available.

Senthe

« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2023, 02:16:15 PM »
3.81 really didn't inspire me to make another round of updates as things like nets were already in BAC and its predecessors for years.

Mod interference will happen when items are added to vanilla since BAC uses almost all the slots available.

Hmm, is there some kind of help that you'd like with it? Like, I don't know, going through all the BAC items and manually removing the ones that are now obsolete because they were added in vanilla? How does this additional work needed to resolve those conflicts look like?

Brygun

« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2023, 09:28:43 AM »

Hmm, is there some kind of help that you'd like with it? Like, I don't know, going through all the BAC items and manually removing the ones that are now obsolete because they were added in vanilla? How does this additional work needed to resolve those conflicts look like?

BAC is community held. If you wish to submit updates thats a good thing. Its even written in that if the caretaker, usually but not always me, isnt around for awhile then someone else can continue the mod updates in a new thread.

When the game updates do come in there will be "mod collision" due to how extensive BAC is. This occurs in the following ways:
-1- a menu letter is used by Saami that wasn't used before in vanilla but is used by BAC. Now we have to rejuggle multiple menus.
-2- Saami adds an item to an existing menu and now the BAC overflows like the current net issue
-3- a duplicate recipe is created and we need to decide to stay on BAC or use the new vanilla recipe (like the net)
-4- A fundamental change happens requiring a massive overhaul, like it did with the cordage change a while back. while glad to see it there was a huge amount of work by someone else to update BAC.

Right now the updates have been done what could help is to check over what the new items added are and are there menus that dont show all items.

>>>

What long term would really help is if menu system was made 2 levels. So all of the BAC could be under one letter that then opens up the ~20 letters. This would remove most of the collision issues except for #4, even then you could continue BAC version of items like arrowheads.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 09:30:47 AM by Brygun »

Brygun

« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2023, 06:11:31 AM »
Well....

Its begun.

Working on updating the BAC to 3.82.

https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=7176.0

« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 06:16:51 AM by Brygun »

anything