Topic: How do I build wealth  (Read 4740 times)

Dickyboi19

« on: August 06, 2020, 05:41:54 PM »
I know the board thing has been justifiably nerfed but is their any way for me to accumulate enough wealth to buy big things like dogs or nets or fine weapons etc other than hunting or quests or theft? I'd like to be able to play as a Craftsmen of some sort, building useful goods I'm my cabin during the winter. What are some things I can make and what kind of goods should I use as a currency. Like for instance if I have a decent haul of food and cant process it all or just don't need it but it's not enough for something good, I'll trade it for a knife. I have a 3 or 4 normal knives saved up but idk if that's really a good currency option.

甜汤

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 06:10:16 PM »
Speed route——
1: Looking for a village with a small population and rich resources
2: Steal a masterwork longbow
3: Steal a lot of arrows
4: Use forest terrain + bonfire + bow + arrow to empty the village
5: You have armor, bows and arrows, close combat weapons
6: Try to buy some big dogs
7: Attack the merchant
8: buy buy buy
tip: Put on all the clothes you can wear and you will become very powerful. Unless your bow and arrow proficiency is very high, use melee combat weapons, pay attention to merchant armor, and choose to attack the head or body. Attacking the leg does not seem to be effective. If the enemy's defense is too high, I will choose to attack the arm

甜汤

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 06:24:53 PM »
The initial proficiency of production skills is low. It will be better to add two points after completing the two task chains, but that will be a long time later. If you plan to stay at home, you should need cows. When I try to be a craftsman, I always need to go busy with food, hunting, farming, or fishing. Craftsmen need a stable food supply. If you choose a culture that is good at fighting, hunting is the best choice. If your skills are not high enough, you can consider using traps, which are very efficient, as long as you target meat, fish, or turnips. Fox traps are hit all the time. I once encountered three bears in a small area, set up three traps, starved the three bears... Hunting animals need to use long-range weapons because they will run away, bows or javelins, or unpopular crossbows. Use traps to trap animals, then use these animals to train your skills. I'm not sure if you hate hunting, or think that hunting is too slow to accumulate wealth. If it is the latter, you can roll out a higher vision when creating characters, so that you can easily find prey. Speed ​​is not that important for hunting. It’s good to grasp the timing of sneaking, but speed is very important for the overall progress of the game

Dickyboi19

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 08:25:37 PM »
It's not that I hate hunting I actually do enjoy it I just want to try to be a Craftsmen during winter time since I have nets and a cellar full of smoked fish I need to eat sooner or later anyways. I just don't know what to craft for selling and what to buy as currency.

skyleaf

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2020, 04:22:44 AM »
If you want to rely on crafting for a living, the most valuable, accessible, useful and easy to carry item would be arrows. Arrows are absolutely the currency you are looking for and it does make sense in iron age Finland, unlike other trade items - who need tons of wooden bowl/ boards in iron age?

Build lots of light level trap, preferably near berries and your corps and sometimes it wouldn't even need to bait, the birds just filed in if you choose your trap location wisely. Their meats can be used to roast (I usually give the meat for my dog as treaty through), their skin can be turn into leather and very useful to produce both bandage and cords and their feathers for arrows. The trick is, shorten each cord (15ft) into 15*1 ft cord, so you can produce arrow one by one and arrange your time in a more flexible manner. I am only competent in carpentry and it is already guarantee no curved arrow. So you can keep those decent arrows to yourself and those rough arrows for trading. I haven't been the richest man in the iron age yet but that's how I brought my first iron helm by trading rough arrows to villagers. Besides, you got tons of decent arrows for your hunting :)

甜汤

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2020, 01:24:05 PM »
It seems that the net will be damaged, I am not sure. Someone above said that to make arrows, feathers are not difficult to obtain. Set traps near the water or in a swamp. Don’t kill the birds. Wait for them to starve to death. You can get more feathers

G0815Krieger

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2020, 05:27:16 AM »
I started with Javelins.
Then make some fox traps, paddles and shovels.

If you want to craft a lot, focus on trapping not hunting.

Use harsh and ragged leathers/furs to make the cords you need for arrow crafting.
Arriows is a good trading item.

Decent and fine furs can be used for tailoring, clothes sell good aswell.

Sadly we cant make woolen or nettle cloth in vanilla.
Hope that will come soon.
I dont like modding :)

Tricky trade:
If you come to a new village first time, look for all their valuables and stack them in one point.
Now start gathering enough boards to pay all of that valuables at once (cancel trade completely if you dont have enough boards for all).
That way you can trade 1000+ boards to one village, they wont accept anymore boards if they already have enough, but they dont count how many you deliver in your first trade. There is still no limit.

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2020, 03:21:02 PM »
If you're serious about crafting you should look into mods, BAC mod adds blacksmithing, weaving, pottery and so much more.

I usually do simple wooden crafts and arrows in the early game, until I can get some decent tools for crafting. Usually the first major score happens when I kill a njerpez

Tom H

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2020, 07:21:10 PM »

I usually do simple wooden crafts and arrows in the early game, until I can get some decent tools for crafting. Usually the first major score happens when I kill a njerpez

Which is now much more dangerous because Njerp can travel in groups!

Dr.Hossa

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2020, 01:12:22 AM »
The initial proficiency of production skills is low. It will be better to add two points after completing the two task chains, but that will be a long time later. If you plan to stay at home, you should need cows. When I try to be a craftsman, I always need to go busy with food, hunting, farming, or fishing. Craftsmen need a stable food supply. If you choose a culture that is good at fighting, hunting is the best choice. If your skills are not high enough, you can consider using traps, which are very efficient, as long as you target meat, fish, or turnips. Fox traps are hit all the time. I once encountered three bears in a small area, set up three traps, starved the three bears... Hunting animals need to use long-range weapons because they will run away, bows or javelins, or unpopular crossbows. Use traps to trap animals, then use these animals to train your skills. I'm not sure if you hate hunting, or think that hunting is too slow to accumulate wealth. If it is the latter, you can roll out a higher vision when creating characters, so that you can easily find prey. Speed ​​is not that important for hunting. It’s good to grasp the timing of sneaking, but speed is very important for the overall progress of the game

I wouldnt say that speed is not important for hunting... i once tried to run down a heavily wounded and fatigued reindeer with a slow character(5km/h walking, 9km/h sprinting) and it was a pain... i think it took one whole day. Both of us where crawling in the end, i had to club that poor thing at least 20 times before it finally fell...