Topic: What are you doing while being fatigued?  (Read 4329 times)

JADugar

« on: June 04, 2020, 09:13:25 AM »
Whenever I am next to water doing heavy work like chopping trees, I like to bring my fishing rod to use the time I wait till i can chop down the next tree. Sometimes if I need just 1 or 2 % I use Weatherlore to know what I need to expect and level the skill.

Are there things similar to this?

Owlant

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 12:49:17 PM »
I go to the map view and wait there, it is so much quicker due to the fact the game isn't processing much else in that mode. It means a wait for a second or two IRL will mean I am no longer fatigued. I reenter the map in the place where I left it and continue.

Tom H

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 01:33:30 PM »
I just use 'Alt -' and fully rest.

JEB Davis

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 02:10:47 PM »
I keep working until I drop.

PALU

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2020, 02:43:32 PM »
You can train trapping by setting and resetting a snare trap you bring with you. Note, however, that the spirits don't seem to like excessive setting of traps, and they don't seem to take removal into account. At least that's my explanation for why I got a fairly bad relation for no apparent reason.

Working 'till you drop gets boring when it results in constant interruption of work, though, and for a number of tasks (e.g. hide working) I want my character to have zero fatigue (at least until it's I've failed the first step, so there's no high quality to maintain).

Labtop 215

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2020, 07:20:08 PM »
You can train trapping by setting and resetting a snare trap you bring with you. Note, however, that the spirits don't seem to like excessive setting of traps, and they don't seem to take removal into account. At least that's my explanation for why I got a fairly bad relation for no apparent reason.

Working 'till you drop gets boring when it results in constant interruption of work, though, and for a number of tasks (e.g. hide working) I want my character to have zero fatigue (at least until it's I've failed the first step, so there's no high quality to maintain).

I've got a macro for setting and picking up traps again to pass the time and train trapping, and I take no relation hit with the spirit world for doing so.

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2020, 11:00:04 PM »
It all depends!  It's good to make the most of your rest time, but sometimes my guy just needs a break!  Fishing is a good one but also sometimes I might just do minor chores, like organizing the yard or the cabin.  Another good thing to do is to eat and drink, and feed the dogs too.  Or just walk around for a little while.  Sometimes there might be other light tasks to be done.  Or take a nap, if I'm feeling a bit tired.   Might go foraging for mushrooms/berries, or check my trapline, or walk up a nearby hill to scout the surrounding area. Or he could fire up the sauna and get a good sweat.   Or just sit and watch the clouds.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 11:03:24 PM by Dungeon Smash »

JP_Finn

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2020, 02:20:06 AM »
Owlant, that’s fastest IRL, but waiting in local map with . is fastest resting IC. I zoom in and tap, sometimes hold down .
After doing Weatherlore and Herblore. Eating if hungry, especially dried bear, that’s 7min chew. Or ~42 turns.

Owlant

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2020, 08:25:09 PM »
I prefer to play more role play than min max. But each to their own.

anything