Topic: [to 3.63 only] Community mod BAC: Smith, Cooking, Survival, Carpentry, Sewing  (Read 336683 times)

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #345 on: September 24, 2019, 12:04:33 AM »
Thanks for the quick turn-around on the new version, Brygun!  My time has been short lately but once I get a chance I'm excited to try it out.  I'll be sure to report any bugs/fixes I find.

Teellox

« Reply #346 on: September 24, 2019, 02:07:13 PM »
A huge thanks here as well!

Just a quick check, is BAC available as a git repo anywhere? I tend to make lots of local adjustments, and being able to track BAC more easily would make my day!

Brygun

« Reply #347 on: September 25, 2019, 02:21:05 AM »
is BAC available as a git repo anywhere?

:o  ???

A wut?

So probably not.

My first programming language was Commodore 64 Basic so the young folk current technical terms are sometimes unfamiliar.

All versions of the BAC should be in the threads here if you want to do a side by side comparison.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 02:22:46 AM by Brygun »

JEB Davis

« Reply #348 on: September 25, 2019, 03:46:12 AM »
is BAC available as a git repo anywhere?

:o  ???

A wut?

So probably not.

My first programming language was Commodore 64 Basic so the young folk current technical terms are sometimes unfamiliar.

All versions of the BAC should be in the threads here if you want to do a side by side comparison.
Brygun, I hope your mod doesn't git repo'd  ;)
I have never heard of that either.
My first programming was FORTRAN on punch cards!

Teellox

« Reply #349 on: September 25, 2019, 09:11:28 AM »
C-64 basic was my first language too! There's still a small (but very enthusiastic) C-64 demo scene that exists today!

Git is a free and open source change management system with a significant learning curve, but lots of power when it comes to teams. Linux and the CKAN mod manager for Kerbal Space Program are examples of projects that use git, and the URW self-sufficiency mod is a more local example that does the same.

Mostly I wanted to make sure I hadn't missed a git repository if there was one; this isn't a suggestion that you should or should not use git either way. :)

Thanks again for updating BAC so quickly for the new URW release!

Brygun

« Reply #350 on: September 25, 2019, 05:13:22 PM »
Thanks for the support and thanks. Appreciation for isolated work is always encouraging.

A reminder that while managing this there is content from many, many people like the long absent Rain for the game by Saami and his log cabin making friend Erkka. A full list of who did what is in the readme.txt files to the best that I know them.

Brygun

« Reply #351 on: September 26, 2019, 11:38:48 PM »
>>For 3.60 Beta only<<

Minor

Based on user feedback improved assist to the Weaving category. Also considering that the help is 5-10% per helper its less impacting than first considered.

Typically assist 1 for all as someone can do something even holding the cloth tight or holding it up for measurement

Assist 2 is set for things of 60 minutes or longer build

+1 for mittens and such with 2 distinct objects as work can be done in parallel

« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 11:40:37 PM by Brygun »

klibu

« Reply #352 on: September 28, 2019, 02:35:15 AM »
Hi again, just a player here. Are there item descriptions for their use? For example, what benefit does a backpack give you? Or are all these utility items for looks and trading? Thanks!

Space

« Reply #353 on: September 29, 2019, 02:13:28 AM »
Hey there, I'm a big fan of this mod and I'm really glad to see the UrW modding community is still active! I was wondering if there is any way to get the "Tying equipment" menu up, or am I missing something? There doesn't seem to be any cord in the utilities menu, and there is no tying equipment submenu in the handcraft options. Is there a special shortcut for the tying equipment submenu? Should I add the equipment back into utilities by hand?
Keep up the great work.

Brygun

« Reply #354 on: September 29, 2019, 02:45:23 AM »
Hi again, just a player here. Are there item descriptions for their use? For example, what benefit does a backpack give you? Or are all these utility items for looks and trading? Thanks!

In game mechanics...
Backpack is an alternate container with a bigger capacity. Which is useful for herbs, berries, salt and water (oddly).

In role play...
I have a toon make and carry one to simulate having a backpack to hold all the odd travelling gear in

Brygun

« Reply #355 on: September 29, 2019, 02:48:03 AM »
Hey there, I'm a big fan of this mod and I'm really glad to see the UrW modding community is still active! I was wondering if there is any way to get the "Tying equipment" menu up, or am I missing something? There doesn't seem to be any cord in the utilities menu, and there is no tying equipment submenu in the handcraft options. Is there a special shortcut for the tying equipment submenu? Should I add the equipment back into utilities by hand?
Keep up the great work.

Are you on the Beta version? The Tying Equipment menu is now base game code so if its missing you might not be on beta being test version of the game.

If you want to go onto the beta test there is versions somewhere else on the forum and the BAC versions being worked on now is for it

If you can't get on the beta, or don't want to, there is the pre-3.60 beta BAC version IIRC v059 which at this time should be accessible on post 1 of this thread

Brygun

« Reply #356 on: September 29, 2019, 02:50:15 AM »
>>for 3.60 Beta only<<

Minor

Some work in the Tying_Equipment menu

// =Pricing debated. Quality materials lost price code to go
// with default. Low quality ones set to low price values.
// = List reordered to group quality from primitive
// = Root rope from Brygun_Added_Items now using birch-bark rope
// as base object
// = Review of skills assigned
// = Fix Untie loop snare to return 3 ft as used to make it

treahblade

« Reply #357 on: October 10, 2019, 08:48:43 PM »
Which of these would I need to use if I am on the 3.52 version of the game instead of 3.60?

Tinker

« Reply #358 on: October 11, 2019, 10:02:50 AM »
You need the file listed in the first post of this topic, BAC mod v059 pre 3.60 beta.zip

dambuk1

« Reply #359 on: October 14, 2019, 12:53:27 PM »
Hey, i have no idea if it's a problem with the mod or the main game, or if i'm getting robbed of one exact not very useful item over and over, but my 'primitive distaff and spindle' keeps disappearing some time after creating it.

anything