Topic: [3.70] URW sufficiency mod  (Read 83913 times)

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2018, 04:27:37 PM »
caethan - been using this mod for a while now, and it's very good!  ironworking seems to have been well-tweaked compared to some iterations i've seen, for example: i like the use of tongs.  making charcoals and such seems a bit easier now.  all good.

one suggestion, i've noticed that the "tailoring" menu has far, far too many options for all of them to appear at once.  would it be possible to split this into several menus?  For example, "tailoring pants & shoes" vs "tailoring shirts & gloves".  or it could be separated by type of cloth.  thanks for a great mod!

caethan

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2018, 01:04:57 AM »
@Dungeon Smash I count 17 items in the tailoring menu --- is that too many for you?  I don't have any problem seeing them all on one page, but if people running at different resolutions are having trouble, I can split it up. 

GreyBrewer

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2018, 05:19:03 AM »
I think what they meant to say, as I have the same problem I believe, is that the Tailoring menu is bugged.  The wires got crossed somewhere because the tailoring menu has such options as follows:

1 Leather Paws
2Leather Laced Shoes
3 Wooden Shield
4 Wooden Buckler
5 Root rope
~~~
9 Oakum
0 Sealed Wooden Tub
A canoe making steps
B Tree roll of Birch

...and so on.  I started looking around at what could have caused this but I don't have that much time today, as I should already be going to bed, to be honest.  Still, I just thought I'd give a heads up.  I'm gonna attach a screenshot of the menu so ya can see what I see. 

caethan

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2018, 07:31:47 AM »
@GreyBrewer looks like you've got Brygun's additional mod installed and we picked conflicting letters for our menus.  Go into one of the menudef files and change the "A" menu to something that doesn't conflict.

GreyBrewer

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2018, 05:41:54 PM »
I figured it was something like that ;D.

Thanks, now I know what to clean up once I get home!

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2018, 08:20:23 PM »
@Dungeon Smash I count 17 items in the tailoring menu --- is that too many for you?  I don't have any problem seeing them all on one page, but if people running at different resolutions are having trouble, I can split it up.
I apologize, I actually was getting them all in one menu.  I just mistakenly thought there was more.

aat

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2018, 07:42:51 AM »
hi caethan, this mod looks great,

what are the differences between your mod and Buoidda's Crafts mod?

any plans on making use of the new antlers and bones from the 3.5 version?

btw, I see there's a branch 6-encyclopedia-expansion on the github,
can it be merged/used in the 3.5 version?

caethan

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2018, 06:24:36 PM »
> what are the differences between your mod and Buoidda's Crafts mod?

This mod is intended to be somewhat simpler to use and less comprehensive than other crafting mods.  Fewer stages and less complicated recipes, generally.  E.g., I'm using wooden stakes or staffs instead of specially crafted handles when ironworking. 

> any plans on making use of the new antlers and bones from the 3.5 version?

Yes!  I've got issues for several potential uses: https://github.com/caethan/urw-sufficiency/issues
Things I've thought of:
  • bone fishhooks
  • bone weapons
  • bone cookery (e.g., marrow and broth)
  • bone needles and combs (for weaving)
Other suggestions are welcome:  either make an issue on github or just make it here.  Development has been slow in the last couple months since I've got a pregnant wife and my game time has cut back a bit, but I do still plan to make updates.

> btw, I see there's a branch 6-encyclopedia-expansion on the github, can it be merged/used in the 3.5 version?

Not without some extra work - the main difference in the 3.5 branch is that urw3.5 made significant changes to the encyclopedia, so I had to change it to match.  I've been waiting on the official 3.5 release to come out of beta to port the encyclopedia improvements over.

aat

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2018, 03:29:06 AM »
> what are the differences between your mod and Buoidda's Crafts mod?

This mod is intended to be somewhat simpler to use and less comprehensive than other crafting mods.  Fewer stages and less complicated recipes, generally.  E.g., I'm using wooden stakes or staffs instead of specially crafted handles when ironworking. 

> any plans on making use of the new antlers and bones from the 3.5 version?

Yes!  I've got issues for several potential uses: https://github.com/caethan/urw-sufficiency/issues
Things I've thought of:
  • bone fishhooks
  • bone weapons
  • bone cookery (e.g., marrow and broth)
  • bone needles and combs (for weaving)
Other suggestions are welcome:  either make an issue on github or just make it here.  Development has been slow in the last couple months since I've got a pregnant wife and my game time has cut back a bit, but I do still plan to make updates.

> btw, I see there's a branch 6-encyclopedia-expansion on the github, can it be merged/used in the 3.5 version?

Not without some extra work - the main difference in the 3.5 branch is that urw3.5 made significant changes to the encyclopedia, so I had to change it to match.  I've been waiting on the official 3.5 release to come out of beta to port the encyclopedia improvements over.

nice ideas! regarding bonecraft, I guess you might take inspiration from Buoidda's Crafts since it had some boneworking system
also good luck with your family!  you'll have even less time in few months  ;)

caethan

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2018, 10:27:05 PM »
>> btw, I see there's a branch 6-encyclopedia-expansion on the github, can it be merged/used in the 3.5 version?

> Not without some extra work - the main difference in the 3.5 branch is that urw3.5 made significant changes to the encyclopedia, so I had to change it to match.  I've been waiting on the official 3.5 release to come out of beta to port the encyclopedia improvements over.

Version 1.1 now released on github (https://github.com/caethan/urw-sufficiency) with compatibility with the newly-released URW 3.5.

princebunnyboy

« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2018, 05:01:41 AM »
Version 1.1 now released on github (https://github.com/caethan/urw-sufficiency) with compatibility with the newly-released URW 3.5.

Is it possible to add this into existing games? Or does it need to be a new one? Thanks :)

Privateer

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2018, 05:03:21 AM »
Mods can be added or removed pretty much whenever you want.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

DemAvalon

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2018, 02:20:42 PM »
Could someone help me?, I'm trying to make a birch bark canoe, but even though I'm beside a river (or even in the river) it says I'm not near water, I did the code change koteko suggested but that did not do anything.

Spoiler: Here is how the canoe code looks like (I just downloaded the mod a day ago) • show
[SUBMENU_START:transport]
// We could make this more complicated by making you peel off a big piece instead of in small
// 1/2 lb increments, but I like the extra work this takes.
.Birch-bark canoe. "Punt" *CARPENTRY* [effort:3] [phys:arms,stance] /8h/ %-10% |2|
{Birch-bark} #20# [remove] [ground]
{Tying equipment} (16) [remove] [ground]
{Board} [remove] [ground]
{[NEARBY_TILE:Water]} 'Must be near water'
{Fire} [ground]
{Axe} <Carving axe>
{Knife} <Small knife>
[MATERIAL:birch-bark]

[SUBMENU_END:transport]

What is wrong with it?

davidor

« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2018, 05:58:20 PM »
I think you might stand next to rapids but not water, they are different tiles. You can change that line to
Code: [Select]
{Water} #1000# [remove]

caethan

« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2018, 06:22:09 PM »
Oh, interesting.  Maybe I should change that line to
Code: [Select]
{[NEARBY_TILE:Water Rapids]} 'Must be near water'