Topic: Buying animals  (Read 12710 times)

powderhound522

« on: June 02, 2017, 04:22:49 PM »
A couple of times now, I've purchased a cow and wound up getting a small cow instead - seems like a bit of a ripoff, since that affects their carrying capacity.

PALU

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 06:06:44 PM »
That's how it currently works, although I believe you were charged less as well.

However, Sami has mentioned that this has been overhauled so villagers can allow you to select different sized animals (although they may not offer all sizes they have in the pen, just as they don't offer all items they carry). That ought to be included in the next release, if I understand it correctly.

Saiko Kila

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 06:38:16 PM »
A couple of times now, I've purchased a cow and wound up getting a small cow instead - seems like a bit of a ripoff, since that affects their carrying capacity.

Price of animal is directly proportional to value of its meat, and its size (with dogs commanding a premium on top of that). Assuming you were cautious when buying and did not overpay, you are not ripped off. Smaller cow costs proportionally less than a bigger cow. Indeed the carrying capacity is proportional to the size (and thus price) of the animal. Actually the carrying capacity is the same as the size of the animal.

Also, currently the adjective (small and big) means only that the animal is 80% of average size or less, or 120% of average size or more. It is possible that the "normal" cow isn't much bigger than the small cow.

powderhound522

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 09:46:06 PM »
Good to know!

Kaleva

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2017, 01:46:25 PM »
Is it possible to make animals breed?

koteko

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2017, 01:48:19 PM »
Is it possible to make animals breed?

Not yet. Animals in villages are also fixed, eg they don't respawn, so make sure you don't kill all the cows/sheep you buy :)

anything