Topic: Need another hand with Wooden biulding  (Read 2302 times)

Bakkat

« on: December 12, 2022, 05:08:12 PM »
I need a hand to solve this question I've got.

I've seen some screenshots of player's houses that didn't do the classic "square house", where the buildings are the same as the ones
Villagers and NPC's construct.

So my current character's house (nº 1 image)

I would like to do something like this (nº 2 image)
And even adding another extra room (One to serve as a Sauna, another beeing a kitchen and one more to be a rest-room)

So here come the question:

Can I biuld that way? Where next to North-West corner I biuld a Southern Wall, for example?
Or upper a North-east corner y biuld an East wall? An all other variables?

OR,
instead, I've got to stick to the square vanilla way?

In that case I'd expand the house deconstructing the North walls and shutters and biuld like image nº 3,
To then biuld a separate structure. I'd be ending up with two biuldings to have the Sauna, kitchen and room.

And lastly: how would affect the mechanics of the game? Perhaps It is allowed to construct out of the square-shape, but it is not recommended due to ... I don't know, (Temperatures inside glitches, or other kinds of things)?

Anyway, I'd like to vary the construction after all the rectangular-square-shaped homes.
I'd appreciate if someone could orientate me if is it possible, or what should I be doing with this character's house.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 05:18:50 PM by Bakkat »
"When All the rivers get poisoned....
...Then we'll realize"

Bert Preast

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2022, 10:00:15 PM »
I have built multi-room building before and apart from some of the joins looking a little odd, it was no problem.  This was before the changes were made for smoking and heated rooms though; so I can't confirm it will be fully functional, but my guess is that it would still work.

JP_Finn

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2022, 06:26:05 PM »
Visually it’s nicer to have bigger room on the north side, then smaller room butting against that without separate northern wall. The isometric view has some height on the wall sections, so there’s no visible gap.
Smaller room on north side works too, but the ‘inside corner’ inside the bigger room won’t have notched log graphic and looks bit odd.

If the building is joined west—east, then those rooms will have a visible gap.
As for smoking, as long as there’s wall, door, or shutter on all sides and corners AND ceiling&floor built, it’s ‘closed space’.
Building a cellar indoors will remove the ceiling&floor structure and that space needs to be separate (door, walls) from smoking room.
Doorway itself isn’t ‘closed space’ for smoking check.

anything