Topic: [OUTDATED] [3.72] Community Mod BAC  (Read 24566 times)

Bert Preast

« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2023, 12:25:12 AM »
I just checked and the recipe does ask for 900g of herbs.  I admit to using the heretical metric version of the game, but I think 900g equates to about 2lbs.  2.2lbs per kilo, and all that.

I took a look at my spice rack, and most of the bottles there hold from 10 to 40g of herbs.  This means I would be using around 72 complete bottles of herbs to spice one fish.  Even were it only 500g, it would still be over 30 spice jars.  Unless I've caught a whale shark or something, that is quite excessive   :D

Tinker

« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2023, 10:13:23 AM »
You are correct, just checked the original BAC and it uses 2 pounds of herbs, I had already changed my version to one pound, as two was excessive.
Do not confuse dry herbs in your spice rack with fresh herbs, there is a world of difference in flavour and weight, and often large leaves are used to wrap the fish in.

The last time I cooked a fish this way was a fish about 2kg and the filling was about 300g, I have tested setting the herbs tp .6 pounds and that asks for 300g of herbs, this seems a good average amount.

Bert Preast

« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2023, 07:10:58 PM »
The latest patch seems to have booted the "Repair Clothing" option from the BAC Clothes Menu.  I am running Windows 10 and playing via Steam, using the BAC and a portrait mod.

I use it quite a lot, so it would be nice to have it back  :)

Tinker

« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2023, 12:39:15 PM »
Just updated and checked, it is still there in my menu.

It is a vanilla entry, not modified in BAC, it is the last entry, so if something has been added it may have pushed the repair entry off the page, my menu goes up to M and repair clothes is the last with R.
I am not sure where the repair cloths recipe is, it is not in diy_glossary, and was not there in the last version, so is probably another hardcoded entry.

Bert Preast

« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2023, 02:34:32 PM »
Hmm, it's definitely gone for me.  Last items on my Clothing menu are:

M Linen privates wrap
N Leather Belt
O Leather Cap

Hitting + c r doesn't do anything.

I am fairly sure that Leather belt and cap were not there before, they were in the Armours of Leather and Fur menu, where they should be and where they still are, so something seems to have added them to the Clothing menu.

I see you reported the same thing three months back, where Rudy had accidentally bumped it off the menu by adding something further up.  I can't see anything the new patch might have changed to cause this to happen again.  Odd.

My suggestion would be to add the repair clothing option to the Textilecraft menu, where there is plenty of room and it seems to fit better anyway.

Tinker

« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2023, 04:28:22 PM »
The BAC diy_glossary should override the vanilla one, is your diy_glossary an empty file if not it will add items that should not be there, the clothes menu should only contain nettle or linen items, and the repair entry, the two leather items have made the menu to big.

Bert Preast

« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2023, 05:12:05 PM »
I don't have a diy_BAC_glossary.txt, though I do have loads of other diy_BAC type files.

I do have a diy_glossary.txt, which is 9kb in size. 

I'm thinking reinstalling the BAC mod might fix things?

EDIT:  Just remembered that on loading yesterday I got a Steam error and URW failed to load.  I tried again and it loaded without problem, so I didn't investigate the trouble.  Steam may have refreshed some files in order to make the game load?

EDIT 2:  Yep, reinstalling the BAC mod seems to have done the trick, many thanks!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2023, 07:27:19 PM by Bert Preast »

Tinker

« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2023, 09:45:19 PM »
Yes, I mistyped and put BAC in the file name, the 9k one was the vanilla version, the BAC is about 150 bytes, glad you sorted it out, there could have been more problems down the line with to wrong file.
It is always needed to reinstall BAC after an upgrade as some BAC need to overwrite the vanilla ones

rudy

« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2023, 01:13:50 PM »
The recipe calls for 1 pound of herbs which I see as 500g not 900. This might be slightly excessive. The way I see this being prepared, as I do irl, is the whole body cavity is stuffed full with herbs which steams through the fish as it cooks, it is not as with other recipes a sprinkling of flavour.

It would be ideal if the amount of herbs used related to the weight of the fish, but the modding is so limited that you would need a seperate menu entry for each type of fish
Perhaps the best way to do it, and I might, is to have (e.g.) 2-3 herb lines, with only one required and the other two optional. The player could then elect to put in (e.g.) 0.25, 0.5, or 0.75 pounds of herbs.

(also just confirming I'm still working on this! My recently sick (not dangerously so) kids have slowed things down is all.

Tinker

« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2023, 02:30:57 PM »
Neat work around.

I will give it a try and report back.

Sick kids, mmm remember that time, more likely to get sick grandkids now, but solved all problems of being a free kid sitter by living on a different continent.

Bert Preast

« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2023, 07:12:19 PM »
Can't you have the kids adopted or something?  Iron-age Finns are relying on you here!   ;D

Tinker

« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2023, 10:32:55 AM »
Tried the suggested tweak to whole fish recipe, 3 lines of herbs each adding 0.25 pounds, the fist is required next two are optional with the message added 'for medium fish' and 'even more for large fish'. Worked as required, you cannot cheat yourself and not use any herbs though you can just use a minimal amount with a large fish but reduces the nutrition of food.

Mr.Ocd

« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2023, 04:46:38 AM »
Whenever I go to make a dry quarter log in the fletching menu from a regular quarter log my game freezes then crashes. Whats up with that?

Privateer

« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2023, 04:50:32 AM »
Whenever I go to make a dry quarter log in the fletching menu from a regular quarter log my game freezes then crashes. Whats up with that?

If you're on UX it's because the graphic is missing (Truetile file)
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Mr.Ocd

« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2023, 03:21:41 PM »

If you're on UX it's because the graphic is missing (Truetile file)

I'm on Linux Mint. Not sure what UX means unless thats Unix. How do I get the missing truetile file?

anything