Topic: [Not a bug - reworded] Fireplace not working for sauna  (Read 6341 times)

Bert Preast

« on: November 16, 2022, 08:03:47 PM »
Running 3.72beta on Windows 10 via Steam.  Installed mods: BAC 3.72b-R2

In earlier versions the fireplace could be used to make a sauna, and this is stated in the documentation both in game, on the wiki and in the forums.  Using the new beta, the fireplace would not work as a sauna.  Solution:  Dismantle fireplace then build sauna stove.

This may be a problem caused by the BAC mod?  If not then it needs a fix as a sauna is part of the advanced game course.  If this is intended, then the documentation should be changed to reflect that. 

« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 09:14:45 AM by Sami »

rudy

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2022, 10:07:25 PM »
I honestly can't imagine it's a problem with BAC. Mods cannot affect base built objects in any way, or what they do; they can only affect the recipes used to build them. And I don't think BAC modifies even those.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2022, 11:37:01 AM »
Running 3.72beta on Windows 10 via Steam.  Installed mods: BAC 3.72b-R2

In earlier versions the fireplace could be used to make a sauna, and this is stated in the documentation both in game, on the wiki and in the forums.  Using the new beta, the fireplace would not work as a sauna.  Solution:  Dismantle fireplace then build sauna stove.

This may be a problem caused by the BAC mod?  If not then it needs a fix as a sauna is part of the advanced game course.  If this is intended, then the documentation should be changed to reflect that.

That is nowadays intended, and only sauna stove will work for sauna purpose.
The change came with the version 3.63 with option to build sauna stoves by player character, and changes to mechanics of throwing water on the sauna stove.

I quickly checked out advanced game course information regarding sauna bath, and to me it speaks of finding a sauna in particular - although any fireplace worked earlier. But there are layers of old mechanics described so that is something to change.

(Wiki updates are required here and there, constantly, and especially after each new version, but that remains as a community thing.)
- Sami | UnReal World creator

Tinker

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2022, 01:14:52 PM »
There is a token in the BAC mod that allows a player to use a fireplace as a forge, it may be possible to do something with a mod to make it into a sauna stove. I do not know as saunas are not something I ever consider or use.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2022, 09:14:15 AM »
Reworded the sauna game course task info a bit, should be all clear now.
And if anyone is struggling with their old homestead fireplaces not working as saunas the solution is as Bert Preast first mentioned:
Solution:  Dismantle fireplace then build sauna stove.
See, player character can build sauna stoves.

Sauna task info reworded - persists in 3.72beta.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

anything