Topic: I'm currently working on an animal sprite overhaul, what do you guys think?  (Read 7609 times)

Fark

« on: December 06, 2021, 11:57:24 AM »
Hey guys, I've been working on a couple of animal sprites recently.

I've been a fan of Galgana's creature sprites (incredible, especially when compared to the vanilla sprites) for a long while and I thought I might as well try my hand at making sprites reminiscent of their work. These are still obviously my own creations (thanks MSPaint), but I wanted to create something that could be used in tandem with their mod, to fill the gaps more or less. Who knows, I may even create my own overhaul that covers all of the animals. If any of you have any suggestions on where I can improve or where I've f**ked up feel free to let me know. I've also dabbled with the rain and snow, it's always bugged me that you lose so much visibility in these weather conditions, but that's for another topic.

Here are the sprites, a humble badger, and beaver (already done the full sprites, these are just teasers).

EDIT: I modified the badger/beaver sprites and created two more, the glutton (wolverine) and polecat

« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 11:28:10 PM by Fark »

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2021, 04:29:39 PM »
I like it! Hope to see you finish it.

Krutzelpuntz

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2023, 10:07:52 PM »
It's pretty good. I have a few pointers. Try to limit your palette, it will make it easier to deliberatly place colors. Often you'll have 3 colors that could easily just have been one.

Try to outline the sprites with a darker color, with the highlight on the right side of the sprite. I made an example with you beaver sprite. I limited the palette to six colors.

The shapes are very good!

tringo

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2023, 03:50:55 PM »
Definitely better than bad. :)
Starting is easier than finishing.

Brygun

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2023, 01:29:24 AM »
Ah and I have become reminded that in North America there were prehistoric giant beavers.

Now those worry me.

anything