Topic: [Fixed - persists in 3.70] Nearly Midsummer and still too cold for everything  (Read 6467 times)

Owlant

« on: October 23, 2021, 03:54:44 PM »
Hi, maybe it is the lack of global warming, or just a harsh cold year but it is currently Day 5 of 3th week before Midsummer Point...

And my world is still frozen over. I cannot till any soil, I cannot plant any crops and cannot ret any nettles.

I can peel bark from birches, wild nettles and other plants are growing, the ground is green...

« Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 02:01:25 PM by Sami »

Erkka

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2021, 05:20:43 PM »
Doesn't sound like a bug to me. I'd assume the ice will be gone in a week or two. But if that doesn't happen post again and be prepared to send the character save folder.
UnReal World co-designer, also working on a small side project called Ancient Savo

Owlant

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2021, 05:21:48 PM »
It is now Midsummer. Still icy and frozen. :(

Erkka

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2021, 05:36:00 PM »
OK, feel free to e-mail zipped character folder to info at enormouselk.com

Are you playing version 3.70? On what OS?
UnReal World co-designer, also working on a small side project called Ancient Savo

Owlant

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2021, 05:42:22 PM »
Hi Erkka,

I have sent it. :D

Latest Steam version, no mods, Windows10.

Owlant

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2021, 05:57:29 PM »
OK, feel free to e-mail zipped character folder to info at enormouselk.com

Are you playing version 3.70? On what OS?

Hi Erkka, I solved the issue.

If you delete globweather.dat and reload the save it sorts it out.

This isn't a migrated character. This is a new character made for the new update.

Erkka

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2021, 06:28:09 PM »
If you delete globweather.dat and reload the save it sorts it out. 

yes, that is a work-around. Thanks for the save, I'll take a look into it, trying to figure out if something went wrong with the weather simulation.

jonottawa

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2021, 04:50:55 AM »
I'm having a similar issue, though I'm still just in Late Seedtime month. But at the beginning of Seedtime month I was able to plant a couple of dozen crops and then when I moved on to the next patch (at midnight fwiw) the game said 'the soil is not yet warm enough to be prepared' and it has been that way ever since. So I have a couple of dozen crops growing and right next to them the rest of the soil is too hard to dig.

My recollection from previous versions is that the weather warmed up sort of like clockwork before, so that first day of Seedtime month and you could plant. I get that that is unrealistic, in that there will be some variation from year to year, but this alternate scenario isn't exactly realistic either (if this is working as intended.) I've also had the ice thaw and then return a few times on the lakes whereas before if I'm recalling correctly, it all pretty much disappeared at once and stayed gone. I think it would be fairly unusual for ice to return in the spring, barring a really freakishly cold day.

Edit: Of course the next day after I post this (still Late Seedtime) it lets me plant again ...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 07:17:45 AM by jonottawa »

PALU

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2021, 10:36:23 AM »
@jonottawa It's been that way for a long time. Spring (and winter) can set in at different times in different years, with setbacks during it. It's not the least unreasonably for ice to melt only to reform a few days later: the water surface temperature is hovering around the freezing point, so it doesn't take much for it to freeze again. What IS unreasonable, though, is that these newly formed thin ice sheets are thick enough to hinder the use of water craft, but that's really just a simulation deficiency.

The situation is similar with the soil.

Kouvostoliitto

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2021, 05:21:02 PM »
Hi, maybe it is the lack of global warming, or just a harsh cold year but it is currently Day 5 of 3th week before Midsummer Point...

And my world is still frozen over. I cannot till any soil, I cannot plant any crops and cannot ret any nettles.

I can peel bark from birches, wild nettles and other plants are growing, the ground is green...

I had the same problem.
A few possibilities I doubt:
- Have you "run" in the game (in big map)?
- Have you used the Winamp music listener when playing the game? (I used)
- Some problem along the river, west side? Lingonberries and cloudberrys are ready, in early hay month and before that.

- I don’t know how cold it came, but I didn’t see the blue on the thermometer. Even before skiing for a mile, the man was almost frosted to death, even though he was wearing fur and woolen clothing, meaning the heat was completely green all over his body, except, of course, on his hands and face. I was "running" in the game. Could that be the reason for the whimsy of the temperature?
I warmed up and continued my journey (I didn't "run", and suddenly I noticed that it didn't get cold so fast. I don't know if "running" in the dark would have caused the temperature to change again. Well, the weather was warming up a bit.
I "ran" again, and the temperature cooled. I went for a drink on the lake, continued my journey, did not run, and suddenly the temperature bounced from about -35 to -25.
Well, in any case, the constant pressing of the keys to move forward is numb. It would be good to make some kind of itinerary and the person would go for it automatically.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 06:30:40 PM by Kouvostoliitto »

anything