Topic: [Fixed - persists in 3.70beta1] freezing to death in fallow month warmly dressed  (Read 3661 times)

Plotinus

« on: June 29, 2021, 04:52:36 PM »

This is the second blizzard we've had in fallow month. I know that's not completely unusual for Finnland but my clothes have been generally warm enough and now I just can't get warm.

This is partly my fault: I'm trying to meet the water spirit and I chose to do a short swimming even though the water was bitterly cold, because I knew I was close to shore and that I would warm up once I got onto the rock, since it is almost midsummer and I have fur leggings, fur shirt, fur mittens, fur cap, and fur footwear. It wasn't snowing when I swam out to this rock and in the last version it would not have been a problem. I was warm before I stepped into the water, so my clothes should have warmed me up again when I got out of the water. Instead, I spent hours freezing and now I am freezing to death. Save available.

The reason I think this is a bug is because wet clothing isn't listed as implemented yet in news.txt and also because I've noticed some weather extremes with my other characters: temperature being way too hot in winter and so I think this is related to that.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 05:52:06 PM by Sami »

Plotinus

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2021, 09:38:38 AM »
I made a tarball of this character directory, so I can provide it if needed. Then deleted WEATHER.DAT as Sami suggested here: http://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=6470.msg19190#msg19190

When I loaded the game, it was no longer snowing, the temperature was half-red and my character has been warming up, first to Freezing, now to Numbingly cold, so it looks like Aaro will survive

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 05:51:44 PM »
We assume this case was also cause of weather migration issue which is now fixed in 3.70beta3.
Please report back if it appears this was something different.

Fixed - persists in 3.70beta1

- Sami | UnReal World creator