Topic: [Adjusted - persists in 3.63] Impossible trade, foreign traders' carry limit.  (Read 10188 times)

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« on: February 15, 2021, 05:44:36 PM »
I finally found a FT to offer a fine habergeon. But he can't accept the furs, that he asked as payment. Mixture of Decent-Fine, Summer-Winter furs. See attached.

(If the Traders' carry limit isn't something to be adjusted, maybe the traders could utilize communal trading for their group, similar to villages'; and to split the furs carried amongst them rather than all act individually)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 05:01:19 PM by Sami »

paulkorotoon

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2021, 10:17:35 PM »
Happened to me as well.

As a possible workaround, I trade all heavy hides for lightweight and valuable fur, like lynx and beaver. But yes, it would be definitely great if this is fixed.
Biggest Russian UrW fan

Privateer

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2021, 10:24:06 PM »
I'm kind of surprised that he's accepting decent furs O_o
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

JP_Finn

• Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2021, 11:21:11 PM »
I'm kind of surprised that he's accepting decent furs O_o
Decent, fine and superior. Harsh no. No one accepts ragged furs.

Tom H

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2021, 02:07:43 PM »
Superior Winter Lynx is the Visa card of furs. Don't leave the shelter without it! (or a buttload of fine arctic fox furs)

Seriously though, for the most expensive items, the traders won't be able to carry enough of a load to accept a lot of decent/fine quality bear and elk furs in exchange. Unlike the villagers, they can't drop the excess on the ground and carry on.

And, if you think that trade was awkward, wait until you find the trader with a Masterwork Long Hauberk!

Matti-patti

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2021, 02:37:09 PM »
This was deliberately introduced some time ago. The previous version was that when you overloaded a foreign trader's inventory with furs he simply dropped the extra to the ground. You could then pick them up and reclaim them as yours. I took to simply deleting the extra in such case.

You don't need to bother with foreign traders if you want fine armor though. The best places in URW to find fine armor are Sartola, Kiesse and Koivula. When they first spawn they don't have much if any metal armor, but after several months after having first visited them their stock gets refreshed and they get tons of metal armor, including many fines (and at least Sartola and Koivula get occasional masterwork). For example, in my current game I have one of those cabin, sauna and storehouse style small settlements where an Old Kiesseläis Man peddles fine habergeon and fine mail leggings right next to each other.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2021, 05:00:35 PM »
The carry limit based acceptance was indeed introduced due to reason explained by Matti-Patti. The exploit possibility was simply too much for lots of players to resists.

But it's indeed been a bit awkward since then and now we've adjusted things so that if the single trader can't carry the traded items they will be distributed among his fellows. The overall limit among the whole group can be still reached with a lot of trading, and then you have to live with that, or trade more high value furs

Fixed/Adjusted - persists in current version 3.63.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

JP_Finn

• Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2021, 05:40:54 AM »
Beautiful.
Thank you!

Bert Preast

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2021, 07:57:40 PM »
The carry limit based acceptance was indeed introduced due to reason explained by Matti-Patti. The exploit possibility was simply too much for lots of players to resists.

But it's indeed been a bit awkward since then and now we've adjusted things so that if the single trader can't carry the traded items they will be distributed among his fellows. The overall limit among the whole group can be still reached with a lot of trading, and then you have to live with that, or trade more high value furs

Fixed/Adjusted - persists in current version 3.63.

Did this fix work?  I am Windows 10/Steam and running 3.70 Beta-3.  Trying to trade for a mail habergeon with foreign traders and even when I make sure there are other traders close to the one I am trying to cut a deal with, he says I am "just a few things away" but he can't carry any more.   

JP_Finn

• Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2021, 09:42:17 PM »
I’ve not met FTs with high value goods, that I’d want or had furs with me. (Should have put a save a side really)

When you ask the trader, what he reckons would be fair deal, does he list X of the furs, or does he state “I don’t think you have enough valuable goods”(sic)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 05:31:06 PM by JP_Finn »

Bert Preast

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2021, 02:19:22 AM »
Nah, he says he wants to trade and gives me a list of the furs he wants...  But then he tells me he can't carry them.

JP_Finn

• Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2021, 05:30:43 PM »
Might want to compress and send Sami the savegame for analysis.

Bert Preast

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2021, 09:19:57 PM »
It happened a few weeks back in-game, but if a save game will help then I will send one.  Sami?

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2021, 03:14:15 PM »
It happened a few weeks back in-game, but if a save game will help then I will send one.  Sami?

The character would need to be in the very situation, at the area with these traders, to check it out properly.
The save won't help If I can't find the traders anymore.

I thought the fix should be working okay, at least on my tries.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

Bert Preast

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2021, 04:55:22 PM »
It's no go then, I got badly beaten up shortly after the encounter with the traders and spent weeks healing up.  Probably over a month in game time has passed so very little chance of finding the traders again. 

Of course I still have my huge pile of furs and am looking to trade them, so if it happens again I will send you a save game.

anything