Topic: "Edible"  (Read 4591 times)

« on: May 16, 2019, 04:45:57 AM »
Just as it says on the tin... spoiled foods are, apparently, edible. (According to herblore, at least!)

IMO, it's interesting that nausea shows up on the herblore thing. Makes me wonder if it's possible to mod it in as a plant effect, or if it's strictly limited to spoiled foods.

It also makes the Noaidi's mushroom description a little more honest:

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 05:23:39 AM »
If I recall, nausea is just one of the many things you can set in flora files
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Ara D.

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 01:18:21 PM »
Ah edible, makes me think of the time I took a tour of a private garden. I would ask if this plant or that plant was edible. Always the answer was yes. I meant is this commonly consumed, they heard will I die if I eat it. I ate so many things only fit for a hare. Just because some things are edible does not mean you should eat them. :)

Saiko Kila

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 05:37:05 PM »
Just as it says on the tin... spoiled foods are, apparently, edible. (According to herblore, at least!)

Spoiler: show

IMO, it's interesting that nausea shows up on the herblore thing. Makes me wonder if it's possible to mod it in as a plant effect, or if it's strictly limited to spoiled foods.

It also makes the Noaidi's mushroom description a little more honest:

Spoiler: show

Add the tag "nausea" to a plant, it should give this effect. Haven't tested, but this is the keyword used by the game for this description.

By the way, my characters carry meadsweet beverage mostly to eat spoiled food with (almost) impunity, though this beverage also helps with cleaning and dressing wounds. It's like Most Essential Medicine for me, because spoiled food are very important source of nutrients to my characters. Especially spoiled fats is great. There are cultures which use them in real life...

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 11:29:21 PM »
Meadsweet beverage with spoiled food... I'll have to remember that, since I always hoard spoiled food in case of an emergency.

Tom H

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2019, 12:25:44 AM »
Eating spoiled food? Sheesh! I regularly throw away 500 spoiled smoked cuts because I and my 3 dogs can't eat the viable food fast enough. All I've eaten for a year is delicious cuts! You must be a farmer...lol.

anything