Topic: Persistent injury effect on speed?  (Read 7090 times)

Bert Preast

« on: January 23, 2019, 10:43:58 PM »
My Finn has speed maxed out and was walking at 8 kmh in his hunting gear...  until he took an arrow to the knee  :(

The minor puncture wound has healed but his speed hasn't, he is now at 7 kmh and that drops to 6 kmh with gear.

I am running version 3.52 and using the BAC mod.

I've been playing URW quite a while now and have never seen injury effects persist after the injury has healed.  Anybody got any idea if my speed will come back?

Signatus

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 11:12:49 PM »
Are you sure nothing changed? Was the 8kmh not running, rather than walk? Have you tried becoming naked and dropping everything to see if you hit 8kmh?

JEB Davis

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 11:20:36 PM »
I think there was something about persistent injuries, but can't remember for sure.

Check news.txt if you like.

Bert Preast

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 11:51:42 PM »
I can't see anything in news.txt

And Signatus, when you have an 8 kmh walking speed, you never need to run  8)  I have got naked and walked up and down inside my cabin, so there should be no terrain or encumbrance effects.  I have also quit the game and reloaded and no difference.

This was a minor wound, my Finn has taken two serious wounds too, a sword to the face and an axe to the shoulder.  As my profile still shows my speed as maxed out, I wonder if the serious wounds also left effects on me that aren't so apparent as speed?  The shoulder wound made me do a lot of stuff one-handed, but that stopped when it healed.  But how would I know if it had permanently lowered dexterity or strength?   

Acolyte

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 03:45:52 AM »
My Finn has speed maxed out and was walking at 8 kmh in his hunting gear...  until he took an arrow to the knee  :(

You might have to move to Skyrim and become a guard.....

- Shane

Saiko Kila

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2019, 10:36:52 AM »
Is there a chance you had your gear repaired in the meantime? Damaged clothing weighs less than new one, and may be responsible for the difference. Similarly heavier weapons.

Also, I keep some archival saves (they compact pretty nicely with 7zip or similar), especially from the beginning, and can compare stats from older saves with new one. This allows me to know how stats changed in time, for example after finishing a course and increasing attributes.

Bert Preast

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2019, 02:21:15 PM »
Nope, I have been walking back and forth naked in my cabin so that's not a factor.

I am also a save scummer ahem, archival saver...  but I only keep the one back-up and it was done while I was already injured.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 01:55:40 PM »
Nope, I have been walking back and forth naked in my cabin so that's not a factor.

I am also a save scummer ahem, archival saver...  but I only keep the one back-up and it was done while I was already injured.

Could you post a screenshot showing your current wounds screen (if any), and main game screen (showing the penalty/mobility stats).
- Sami | UnReal World creator

Bert Preast

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2019, 03:36:39 PM »
Hi Sami, welcome back!  Screenies:

https://imgur.com/CWMyocx

https://imgur.com/YRAW8fv

https://imgur.com/A0ugqDS

Hmmm, looks like I need help posting screenshots...  I put links to imgur above in the img tags above and nothing is showing?

Edit - Okay, you can see the links now, sorry I am a halfwit and can't work out how to embed them  :-[
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 03:57:30 PM by Bert Preast »

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2019, 02:47:11 PM »
Okay, it took a while to figure this out but it must be the winter decreasing the mobility.
It is intended that walking in the snow (unless skiing) is slower , but it appears that the mobility meter doesn't really take into account the snow depth here - as you are indoors.

If my theory proves right, then there's something to fix in regards to wintertime walking in the snow mobility checks.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

Bert Preast

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2019, 04:20:12 PM »
Okay, I will wait for spring to return the spring to my step!  If you want me to test anything or send you the save game then just say.