Topic: [to 3.63 only] Community mod BAC: Smith, Cooking, Survival, Carpentry, Sewing  (Read 336777 times)

Brygun

« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2018, 04:01:17 AM »
Some searching of the old forums found this discussion with Grande Modder Rain involved

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/urwforum/simple-lamellar-mod-t7728.html

Privateer

« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2018, 04:14:18 AM »

[TILEGFX:fw-lamelpce]

I'm willing to bet the fw is for Finn's Wilderness modpack, but I can't find a download link...?

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/urwforum/the-finn-39-s-wilderness-living-modpack-v1-3-t8082.html

You are correct it's from the work of thefinn's wilderness living mod.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

KKarlssoNN

« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2018, 04:17:42 AM »
Can i make a stone hammer with a fine stone axe? It's all i have. My timbercraft is 25% (novice)

I need a axe haft. To make a haft it says I "need split birch trunk. I couldn't find how to make a split birch trunk anywhere. I thought it might mean "split a trunk into boards", which i can't do with a fine stone axe because it says it will take too long. In the code for a axe haft it mentions "short quarter log". When i try to make this log it has as a craft requirement "can be used as a board," that i can't meet. I tried making " radial boards" but they can't be used to make axe haft.

EDIT 1: looking in the code for "short quarter log it has "{Rock} [ground] +'Can be used as a board'". Do i need a rock or to be on plain ground tile to make them?

EDIT 2: I grabbed a rock and i was able to make a axe haft, than eventually a stone hammer. Maybe i was standing on a log tile or I wasn't on a plain ground tile, before. 
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 04:49:03 AM by KKarlssoNN »

Privateer

« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2018, 04:33:29 AM »
EDIT 1: looking in the code for "short quarter log it has "{Rock} [ground] +'Can be used as a board'". Do i need a rock or to be on ground to make them?

Code: [Select]
{Rock} [ground]Ingredient is the rock and a rock on the ground (on an ajacent tile to you) can be used from the floor (ground).
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

KKarlssoNN

« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2018, 04:57:36 AM »
There might be an error\type-o with "short quarter log" here are the 3 requirements:

- Quarter log
- Axe
- Can be used as a board

KKarlssoNN

« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2018, 05:28:45 AM »
I forgot about my cleaned, in the process of de-hairing squirrel skin and its rotten now. Can it be used for anything?

Privateer

« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2018, 05:43:46 AM »
I forgot about my cleaned, in the process of de-hairing squirrel skin and its rotten now. Can it be used for anything?

Take it into your house, walk to the north wall, drop the pelt, use "p" and push it North onto the wall.
This commemerates a tiny failure as wall art.

P.S. No there is no use, though I've also used them as doormats at my shelter.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 05:45:58 AM by Privateer »
Mods:

KKarlssoNN

« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2018, 07:43:49 AM »
I noticed That flax is in the mod but there's no tile. There is one in caethan's sufficiency mod, I added it in. See if i can find it in the game. My herblore skill is 26%.

Also i ran into fluffy mushrooms but they look the same as any other plant. I can't find a tile in the mod for it. Going to see if i can find one from another mod or are they vanilla, i can't find a tile.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 07:52:20 AM by KKarlssoNN »

Brygun

« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2018, 03:31:43 PM »
I noticed That flax is in the mod but there's no tile. There is one in caethan's sufficiency mod, I added it in. See if i can find it in the game. My herblore skill is 26%.

Please attach any missing graphic file so I can merge it into the BAC mod zip

Brygun

« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2018, 03:38:05 PM »
fixes to Lumber

Axe haft = text talking of old ingredient corrected

Short quarter log = {Rock} present to allow for comment about working as a board removed as it no longer acts as a board.  Board making for that path now goes from quarter log to radial board.

Note: Sometimes I put in {Rock} as an ingredient just to have a place to say something with the extra line of "+words"

Brygun

« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2018, 03:41:21 PM »
Mod update

Various fixes as discussed recently

Also has the start of the armor making with Jeb's lamellar which I believe traces to Rudy on the old forums. There has been adjustments for BAC integration including the new standard of quality tying supplies of {*cord}.

Brygun

« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2018, 03:45:39 PM »
Code: [Select]
{Rock} [ground]Ingredient is the rock and a rock on the ground (on an ajacent tile to you) can be used from the floor (ground).

It is also my understanding, and correct me if I am wrong, there can be a rock in your inventory >OR< if the game doesn't find that it looks on the ground at and around your current position.

My characters generally carry a rock or two as survival tool so I believe it as both inventory and then ground checks.

Signatus

« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2018, 04:14:44 PM »
 I guess the rock could be made [optional] if it's simply to have a line to write somethjng on?

Brygun

« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2018, 05:04:57 PM »
I guess the rock could be made [optional] if it's simply to have a line to write somethjng on?

heh, yeah it could.  :P

Brygun

« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2018, 10:41:22 PM »
Tool -> Medieval drill
For making long thin holes. Will be required to make fresh lamellar to make the holes the cords go in. Will also now be required for the clinkering steps of clinkered punt to make pilot holes for the nails.

Tool -> Ball iron hammer
Requires an existing {*iron hammer}. Ball will likely have higher quality as it lets you shape from the striking side more. Will be required by some recipes like iron armor, which will then need skill penalties to offset the ball iron hammer.

anything