Topic: [to 3.63 only] Community mod BAC: Smith, Cooking, Survival, Carpentry, Sewing  (Read 336682 times)

Brygun

« Reply #675 on: January 02, 2021, 08:27:17 AM »
Two things I could use discussion on:

= String

Apparently I thought having a refined string was good. Now its not coming up in cord uses. I forget if I used it for something custom.
Should I transform string into a string {Cord} or something?

= Clay value

Currently clay object might be on a low value. I think. I seem to recall setting the price low so they would be a player only type item. Tried trading a clay bowl on one trip and it made me wonder about that.

Brygun

« Reply #676 on: January 03, 2021, 08:06:40 AM »
Update

The loading of the wagon base objects being food could stale or spoil. A code update should prevent that.

Thanks Galgana.

Brygun

« Reply #677 on: January 03, 2021, 08:20:07 AM »
Update

Now >hidden< in the diy_BAC_Mining_and_more is a "fix" for the tendency for large animal leather processes to go awry.

It is a "leather sheet" but starts off blocked by comment tags.
IF you use the comment tags you create a piece of leather armor that you can (in the diy) set the weight to the right amount. The quality will/should be "decent". It does count as leather material for other crafting.

SAMULI SALONEN

« Reply #678 on: January 05, 2021, 09:18:20 PM »
When I clock on the download link in the wiki it redirects me to the forums here with the message that: 

"An Error Has Occurred! You are not allowed to access this section".

Thus I cannot download this mod.  Any idea what is going on?  Is there a different link at which the mod can be acquired? 

Erkka

« Reply #679 on: January 05, 2021, 09:23:06 PM »
Is there a different link at which the mod can be acquired?

I think the most reliable link should be Brygun's own post, the one just above your question. Now when you are registered and logged in to the forums, you should see Brygun's signature under his post. The download link is there.
UnReal World co-designer, also working on a small side project called Ancient Savo

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: January 05, 2021, 09:25:52 PM »
Indeed. Downloads aren’t allowed for guest users. Now that you’re registered, you’ll find that the mod (and all the others too) is now downloadable.

Erkka

« Reply #681 on: January 05, 2021, 09:30:30 PM »
Although, I suspect there is something slightly wrong with the download link in the wiki. As a logged in admin, if I click the download link on that wiki page, it says "You are not allowed to access this section" to me.

Technically speaking, I could of course go edit the wiki myself, but I'd rather leave that for the mod maintainers or heavy users, for they probably have a better idea what is the actual link destination they'd like to have on the wiki.
UnReal World co-designer, also working on a small side project called Ancient Savo

Brygun

« Reply #682 on: January 06, 2021, 01:22:51 AM »
Just I note that I don't do updates to the wiki. I suspect also that any wiki link would soon become outdated.

I do update post #1 of this thread with the current version so if someone does point to the wiki best to point to that post. Though again no one can download until registered.

I do also post the update in a new post each time. Part of this strategy is that everyone has easy access to prior versions.

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: January 06, 2021, 02:48:45 AM »
Odd.
Either someone edited* the link to BAC on the wiki already. As I went to check what happens if I click the link, and if needed, edit it to point to the BAC mod release page 1(this very thread) but clicking the link, took me to the 1st post without any hiccups.

I’m logged on as regular user/editor on the wiki.

*didn't bother to check the edit history, it works  :)

Erkka

« Reply #684 on: January 06, 2021, 03:32:15 PM »
Oddly enough, for me the download link in wiki still didn't work, and the edit history didn't show any recent updates to the page. So I edited it myself, making the link more simple, pointing to the beginning of this thread.

Also, in general, things are easier from now on. We gave guests a permission to see signatures and attachments, so no more need to register merely to download mods.

Brygun

« Reply #685 on: January 06, 2021, 08:44:38 PM »
Update

minor fix

Under mining the roast oar needed a fix. After using a large lump of firewoods the next line was just be a fire starter but was instead was using the same amount requiring two large lumps. Now the second step is just 3 branches as a fire starter

Privateer

« Reply #686 on: January 06, 2021, 09:04:15 PM »
Also, in general, things are easier from now on. We gave guests a permission to see signatures and attachments, so no more need to register merely to download mods.

To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Brygun

« Reply #687 on: January 09, 2021, 07:26:47 AM »
Minor update

Bowying

Dry quarter log part of Hardwood longbow no longer accepts short quarter log but needs full length quarter logs
(I know I put short quarter logs in for something but I don't recall what. Today I wondered if the half log length would really make a long bow and thought no.)

Bowying

The complicated two wood bow with the many steps instead of getting a -10% gets a +10%
Im not actually really sure about this but I think they needs to be a reason for going all those wierd steps and sourcing out multiple materials.
I am interested in feedback about bow powers with this. Rough/fine give -1/+1 on bow power.

Brygun

« Reply #688 on: January 09, 2021, 07:44:22 AM »
I also found a glitch where making the half log (2) would grab a nearby "short guarter log" which is a magic multiplier of 8 on the material. Currently I dont plan to fuddle with tweaking the code as it has to do with accessing the base object {Log}. Instead Tuukka just stood a short distance away and I deleted a tree trunk and burned time to approximate the right consumption.

rudy

« Reply #689 on: January 11, 2021, 05:01:21 AM »
Trying to consolidate some menus for fitting in other mods.

I'll note, first, that everything in the Metalworking + Forging menus fits into one menu.

Is there a reason there are two menus of creating the same woollen clothing? Which is better to keep?