Topic: [to 3.63 only] Community mod BAC: Smith, Cooking, Survival, Carpentry, Sewing  (Read 336694 times)

Brygun

« Reply #630 on: December 09, 2020, 07:40:11 AM »
Minor update

Laced leather shoes corrected to needing 2 lbs of leather to avoid remaking only taking 1 lb and getting a 2 lb object out.

NinjaBub504

« Reply #631 on: December 09, 2020, 09:29:28 PM »
I was wandering, looking for flax, and I noticed that I couldn't see any of it.
Any ways to fix this?

Sorry in advance if this gets posted as a separate thread. I'm new to forums like this.

Privateer

« Reply #632 on: December 09, 2020, 11:09:11 PM »
I was wandering, looking for flax, and I noticed that I couldn't see any of it.
Any ways to fix this?

Sorry in advance if this gets posted as a separate thread. I'm new to forums like this.

@NinjaBub504  The graphic truetile/flo-flax.png seems to be missing from the v.093 download.

Edit: attached a copy of the graphic from older version
 Save file in or copy to urw/truetile folder as "flo-flax.png" then restart URW to resolve your problem.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 11:24:26 PM by Privateer »
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Brygun

« Reply #633 on: December 09, 2020, 11:29:39 PM »
Oops.

Thanks Privateer. It is put in the dev directory so should appear in the next update.

Brygun

« Reply #634 on: December 10, 2020, 10:37:04 AM »
Update

= Flax graphic was missing now in

= Laced leather shoe
Now back to 1 lb material with fix by setting output to 1 lb. It is in part needed as survival item for frost bitten feet and getting just the feet covered is important. Not sure if this is working though as it may be defaulting to cover the shins as well.

= Fur foot wraps
They had material set to leather. Not sure why.

= Wooden stool
Now works with any board. Its supposed to be simple. No longer requires refined, dried and sanding to have a sanded board.

= Galgana's sledwagon added (with right of refusal if he doesn't want it in)

« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 10:49:36 AM by Brygun »

Brygun

« Reply #635 on: December 10, 2020, 10:49:55 AM »
testing on sled didnt produce wagon graphic on first try, checking

Brygun

« Reply #636 on: December 10, 2020, 11:06:44 AM »
Update

= Sledwagon BAC variant now showing graphic and working properly
(Note: gg_sledge with underscore didn't work but gg-sledge with dash does. Apparently the truetile system doesn't like underscore. The gg stands for Galgantus the sub-mod source)

= Laced leather shoes tested and are properly only covering the feet

Turns out good old Novrus is an excellent code test character. His established stead is very well stocked with all sorts of supplies.

Brygun

« Reply #637 on: December 11, 2020, 02:50:04 AM »
Sledgewagon will get a tweak

By swapping out of the base item "Roach" to "Hunting Horn" turns out I blocked the ability to pile them in the sledge.

That means for the next update before installing it unload any logs you have to avoid them being trapped as the possibly wrong carry token.

Brygun

« Reply #638 on: December 11, 2020, 04:24:35 AM »
The great sled fix.

Update:

Under the "U"tility menu you can make a Glanganna style sled. This menu now has means to "load" and "offload" items at 1:20 effeciency. It is expected you "A"pply the sled to "P"lace the objects within your inventory. The items I've coded and tested being able to use afterward are:

9 tree trunks (500 lbs each)
12 logs (400 lbs each)
96 slender trunks (50 lbs each)
and even
Clinkered punt (260 lbs)

Even with the base weight of the wagon (itself giving some efficiency) you can now haul these objects, even the clinkered punt, over land. This makes is possible to fell trees at a far site or other woods rather than needing to do at all close to your stead. Combine this with hiring woodsman to mass fell trees and the ability to make steads is unleashed.

The clinkered punt is a bonus. Now raiders can manage to portage that craft. The sled's base weight of 25 and 13 for a loaded punt is 38. This is quite manageable.

Text in the transport diy for the Clinkered punt was expanded on. There is a sentence for each step describing what you are doing. Also added a paragraph or two worth of talking about how the clinkered punt is the ultimate BAC item requiring you do have done so many steps to make this.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 04:27:48 AM by Brygun »

Brygun

« Reply #639 on: December 11, 2020, 09:30:00 AM »
A shout out to Iago.

His whittling ideas have been in the BAC for a long time under Carpentry. Currently Tuukka is making frequent use of it. It also is a good task to do with an hour or two before sleeping. The stages of whittling then choosing a build path give several options. Its also various different items which is more important now that Saami put in "they have enough X" code.

Brygun

« Reply #640 on: December 12, 2020, 06:30:18 AM »
Flatbread graphic is missing. Next update will add in the it-biscuit graphic

For those who want to manually install it now it is attached

Brygun

« Reply #641 on: December 12, 2020, 08:10:28 PM »
Looking over Bouidda 2.2

Bowying is  being considered for an update. Recommend finishing any current bow projects before installing next update.

>>>>

On next update bone work small changes

Teeth necklaces can be made from any animal teeth, thanks Bouidda

Glue and fire to melt glue removed from necklace recipes

I've changed Bone necklace to Bone Decoration so that it can be role played as a variety of forms. Now uses some branches to represent wood base. Still uses cord but glue removed.

>>>>

Brygun

« Reply #642 on: December 12, 2020, 10:35:05 PM »
Bit confused on my own prices for transport crafts like punts. Resetting (upwards) the value of water craft produced by BAC.

Reviewed 3.40 prices at
https://unrealworld.fandom.com/wiki/Prices_(v3.40)

The punts were like Price 5.3 when they could be ten times that.

Transport prices will be in next update.

Also... its not obvious but the dug out canoe steps toward a Finnish Punt make large containers which themselves should have a value. Think of them as troughs you might use to water a small herd of animals.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 10:36:49 PM by Brygun »

Brygun

« Reply #643 on: December 12, 2020, 10:41:24 PM »
Update

Bowying still a possible change

other various recent discussed changes included such as
= missing it-biscuit graphic for flatbread
= pricing of punts makes them worthwhile to invest a week of work into

Brygun

« Reply #644 on: December 14, 2020, 04:51:51 AM »
for next update the birch-bark shoes and cap will have the duplicate entry under bark-ware removes. they are available under clothes. At the time I guess I wanted to make the bark versions easy to find. Now I think I should save the menu space.

anything