Topic: [to 3.63 only] Community mod BAC: Smith, Cooking, Survival, Carpentry, Sewing  (Read 336994 times)

Gordon1981

« Reply #270 on: May 11, 2019, 07:25:33 PM »
Was pine salve implemented? I saw it mentioned, but I can not find witch menu it is under or a Boff that needs to be renamed.

Gordon1981

« Reply #271 on: May 15, 2019, 04:45:10 PM »
I can't seem to find the "wooden block" needed for this recipe. I have tried a block of wood and a small wooden block.

.Medieval drill.

{Wooden block} (1) '+for flywheel'

Also, when I dry berries... the berries are optional. Not sure if that was intended/RP.

love the mod and thank you for your work.

Brygun

« Reply #272 on: May 16, 2019, 11:04:32 PM »
Checking in and now investigating recent issues

Brygun

« Reply #273 on: May 16, 2019, 11:09:20 PM »
I can't seem to find the "wooden block" needed for this recipe. I have tried a block of wood and a small wooden block.

.Medieval drill.

{Wooden block} (1) '+for flywheel'

Also, when I dry berries... the berries are optional. Not sure if that was intended/RP.

love the mod and thank you for your work.

Thanks for the love.

Checking the recipe it was intended to be the piece of wood you get from chopping a log into blocks. That being a largish hunk of rough wood that is shaped during this recipe's creation.

Ill see if I have a character in a situation to test it. I was under the impression it worked as IIRC someone reported having made the advanced boat this tool was called for.

edit:

timbercraft default command sequence:

alt-m > Chop felled tree into blocks

should create the intended component

>>>>

Berries still be checked on.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 11:14:02 PM by Brygun »

Brygun

« Reply #274 on: May 16, 2019, 11:47:40 PM »
Update

1) Medieval drill issue confirmed and fixed to see intended block of wood

1A) The wood stake and block are now at the top of the recipe as that made it possible to test that section in my character's current situation.

1B) I >assume< the other recipe elements are operating correctly. Not sure if my character has or could reasonably make the billets needed along that recipe.

1C) I did note the recipe is so long the text view overlapped other text. Not a critical issue. Note for Saami to consider but I doubt the energy to fix matches the minor inconvenience. Other modders note the affect of long recipes.

2) Dried berries, the berries are no long optional  :-X

Pat on the back to myself for choosing an openly named easy to read file structure making debugging even months after working on a section really easy. Commenting your code is also useful. Hooray for useful bits from a University education.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 11:52:59 PM by Brygun »

Brygun

« Reply #275 on: May 17, 2019, 02:28:22 AM »
Was pine salve implemented? I saw it mentioned, but I can not find witch menu it is under or a Boff that needs to be renamed.

I don't think it ended up in BAC.

By salve it could mean a few things from sticky substance to seal leaks or a medical treatment. I recall another modder talking about pine salve.

For sticky stuff for sealing BAC is using "caulking" under the Carpentry menu. Which itself needs "pitch glue".

Hmmm... and the boats use a thinned down "pitch glue" to represent a weather sealing paint.

"pitch glue" of two types is present in the Barkware menu, as it tends to be made from bark.

From what I recall don't think "pine salve" ended up in BAC.

(Brygun, BAC mod manager)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 02:30:21 AM by Brygun »

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #276 on: May 17, 2019, 04:42:56 AM »
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but "Woollen Veil" does not cover the face area.  I would have assumed that a "Veil" was specifically for protecting the face against cold, since few other items do so.  However, Woollen Veil does not seem to (Nor eyes, for that matter).  This may be a bug/feature of the original code, I'm not sure.

Brygun

« Reply #277 on: May 17, 2019, 05:15:06 AM »
Checking the recipe:

.Woollen veil.         /45/   [effort:1] [phys:hands]
{*Yarn}     (2)    [remove] 'Yarn'
{Woollen *}     'Woollen Cloth'      #0.5#    [remove]
{Knife} <Small knife> 'A knife good for fine work'
[PRICE:8]

Its a base object creator so its a vanilla game function what body zones the viel covers.

I also would have thought veil covers face as they are used in weddings to hide the bride until the reveal. However perhaps in their culture it is something else?

Eyes would never be covered otherwise you can't see plus the game is better without completely invulnerable mahem eye armor could bring.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 04:42:13 PM by Brygun »

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #278 on: May 17, 2019, 11:03:52 PM »
Yeah, it is odd.  I wonder if this is just an oversight, or if "Veil" has a different connotation in Finland.

On another note, I finally started messing around with the different punt construction methods. 

One thing I noticed - you might want to add the "remove" tag to the firewood used for the purpose of constructing dug-out hulls. Currently it has none, so the firewood which is supposed to be used for burning out the interior of the hull simply remains sitting there.

EDIT: also, "Shallow dug hull" does not require "Pointed log" to construct.  You can currently make it out of just axe, fire and firewood  ;D
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 11:08:20 PM by Dungeon Smash »

Brygun

« Reply #279 on: May 18, 2019, 03:21:45 AM »
Update

fixes for the transport section for dug out log as per Dungeon Smash

Stoner

« Reply #280 on: May 24, 2019, 04:45:07 PM »
First of all, really good mod. Thanks for the hard work.

I have an issue with crafting.
I can´t seem to make pliers since i need "nails for pivot" but Iron nails are not identified as such.

Don´t know if this is a bug or i just don´t find the right item in the menu.

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #281 on: May 24, 2019, 10:13:10 PM »
I think I see the issue - the pliers recipe asks for "iron nails", but I think the game may be case-sensitive, and will only recognize "Iron nails" with a capital I.  I'm not sure though.  You could also change it to *nails

Maenethal

« Reply #282 on: May 31, 2019, 07:40:06 PM »
Is there a way to use this with the Shaman mod? I can't find a way to enable all the menus/recipes.

EDIT: I got it to work! I just added the recipes from "Ritual Supplements" to "Weapons" and the recipes from "Shamanic Herblore" to "Mining and More."
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 08:20:40 PM by Maenethal »

Brygun

« Reply #283 on: June 05, 2019, 08:50:03 PM »
Periodic check in.

Is there a way to use this with the Shaman mod? I can't find a way to enable all the menus/recipes.

EDIT: I got it to work! I just added the recipes from "Ritual Supplements" to "Weapons" and the recipes from "Shamanic Herblore" to "Mining and More."

Good to know.

Large scale mod integration isn't something I can garauntee.

The other option is BAC did leave 3 letters free for the submenus. If you put the other mods into those letters (or just cue them for the next internally assigned) it would work to.

>>>>

Ill check on the iron nails now

Brygun

« Reply #284 on: June 05, 2019, 09:01:18 PM »
Update

Minor

Fix for the nails for the pivot in the pliers recipe