Topic: [to 3.63 only] Community mod BAC: Smith, Cooking, Survival, Carpentry, Sewing  (Read 336775 times)

Credit

« Reply #255 on: March 29, 2019, 01:08:50 PM »
Why is it a joke? There's no [bake] tag used in the recipe?

Items under cookery_* will be cooked with no exception.
For example:
Code: [Select]
[SUBMENU_START:baking]
.RAWfish. "Pike"     *COOKERY* /1/ %30% |-1| :148: 
{Rock} (1) [remove]
[SUBMENU_END:baking]
You'll get a edible, cooked RAWfish in foods.

Yes, I can convert via [TYPE:armour]. I don't understand the idea of things being cooked just because you use the cooking submenu. There's nothing different from that recipe in a cooking submenu or a crafting submenu, as far as I can tell, from my tests.

What I am trying to say is, with the [TYPE:flag], you convert it into another inventory-menu, and thus it makes it unedible and not spoil and for my example with clothing, accually gives it, amour values under the armour screen. Which is why, I don't really understand why the *COOKERY*-submenu isn't used more.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 06:24:39 PM by Credit »

Buua

« Reply #256 on: April 03, 2019, 10:22:47 PM »
I have a problem with recycling cloth. I'm using recipe "Shred linen for yarn", I need come linen clothes, a knife and spindle and distaff. The problem is game doesn't count my advanced spindle and distaff as "spindle and distaff". Do I need another item? Do I have to set the item somehow?

recipe says:

Code: [Select]
.Shred Linen for Yarn. "Hunting Horn" *HIDEWORKING* /1h/ [patchwise:5] [effort:1] [phys:hands,one-armed]
{Linen *} #0.6# [remove] [patchwise]
{Spindle and Distaff} [ground] '+to restore to thread'
{Knife} <Small knife> '+to cut and fray'
[NAME:Hemp Yarn]
[TYPE:tool]
[MATERIAL:cloth]
[PRICE:5]
[WEIGHT:0.5]
[TILEGFX:rc-yarn]
// Icon provided by Kaaven from the Urw Forums, modified
// 'Plant Fibre' -> 'Fibre'

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #257 on: April 08, 2019, 08:19:35 PM »
try changing the recipe to {*Spindle and Distaff}, also it may need to be placed on the ground to work.

Iago.Hach

« Reply #258 on: April 11, 2019, 03:53:35 PM »
Hi!
Great work putting together all those mods! :D

One suggestion on the Privateer's Clean Fish recipe:

The original one is like that in the diy_ file

.Clean fish. "Pike" [effort:1] [noquality] [phys:arms,one-armed]  *FISHING*  /6/   %10%   |-2|   [patch:5]
{Raw fish}      #1#     [remove] [name:%s cut] [patchwise]
{Knife}  '+for chopping and cleaning'
[WEIGHT:1]
// by Privateer
// time per 1 lb cut adjustement by brygun

But this would waste some fishes that are more or less valuabe and nutritious
Breams, Pikes, Salmon, Trout etc would all become Pikes!

Here's one suggestion, try writing that in the cookery_glossary.txt:

.Roasted fish cuts.    [patchwise]   *COOKERY*  /10/  \30\    |-1|    :148: 
{Raw fish}      #1#     [remove] [roast] [patchwise] [name:Roasted %s cuts]
{Knife}   '+for chopping and cleaning'
[COOK_WEIGHT_DIV:1.3]

Or an alternative (if you guys are like me that try to mix lot's of ingredients together when hungry haha):

.Roasted fish cuts.    [patchwise]   *COOKERY*  /15/  \35\    |-1|    :148: 
{Raw fish}      #1#     [remove] [roast] [patchwise] [name:Roasted %s cuts]
{Berries}   #0.1#    [remove] [roast] [optional] [patchwise]
{Vegetables} #0.1#  [remove] [roast] [optional] [patchwise]
{Seasoning} #0.1#  [remove] [roast] [optional] [patchwise]
{Knife}   '+for chopping and cleaning'
[COOK_WEIGHT_DIV:1.3]

For me it's very useful as I mix big fishes with lake reed, berries and bear pipe leaves :D

Hope it helps :)

Brygun

« Reply #259 on: April 19, 2019, 02:18:39 AM »
Im checking back in for any critical fixes.

Reading through things and the suggestions.

Not sure I want to try mucking with a script file. First impression is the building swap is only used rarely so keeping it to simple manual edits is safer. Script work certainly can open some doors to larger mod collections.

Brygun

« Reply #260 on: April 19, 2019, 02:55:27 AM »
Note to self,

Finnish cheese gave okay to include. Consider for next BAC update. Link to that mod here

http://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=2360.0

Brygun

« Reply #261 on: April 19, 2019, 03:02:12 AM »
Hi!
Great work putting together all those mods! :D

One suggestion on the Privateer's Clean Fish recipe:

hmmm

First thought is that the fish cut creation gives small pieces that can be used in several ways, like being raw meat for a trap (assuming it works that way in the trap code)

Cut up fish can be used in various cooking or other recipes though cooking is the most common by far.

The motto "if it aint broke don't fix it" comes to me as well. Privateer's original does work.

I think Iago's additional recipe could be done as an addition to the BAC cooking.

Brygun

« Reply #262 on: April 19, 2019, 03:24:43 AM »
The problem is game doesn't count my advanced spindle and distaff as "spindle and distaff".

Dungeon Smash provided a solution and the OP Buua hasn't replied further. Tends to imply solved.

I think this is a case of the "advanced spindle and distaff" coming from another mod. Or have I forgotten it being part of this large mod? If its outside of BAC then DS has given a solution for local integration.

AS I am currently guessing the "advanced" is external to BAC that BAC doesn't need to apply DS's fix

Brygun

« Reply #263 on: April 19, 2019, 03:31:50 AM »
Update

Untested additions to cookery. Due to a hardware issue Unreal world isn't currently installed on my on-hand equipment.

>>Feedback both for if it works or is broken is requested of the cooking additions<<

Additions include the zhihao1's Finnish cheese mod and Iago.Hatch roasted fish cuts.

Both modders added/updated in the readme credits

For zhihao1's cheese they are placed under "Utility recipes" of cookery section. I was concerned that adding his original menu_def would take up one of the rare limited letter slots which might already be in use by those adding mods ontop of BAC.

edit:
almost forgot the cheese graphics
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 05:15:28 AM by Brygun »

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #264 on: April 21, 2019, 12:51:26 AM »
Awesome!! Love the cheese.

Just wanted to say, I really appreciate how clearly and logically organized this mod is.  Other mods I have used, the mods themselves work great but the code is a mess.  Yours is much better - it makes it so much easier to modify and add my own preferences!  Thank you.

Brygun

« Reply #265 on: April 22, 2019, 02:16:03 AM »
Your welcome.

Thanks also to all the contributing modders.

While I started with ~20 recipes from me Brygun's Added Items the integration with others made the data structure, the organization, necessary. BAC then organized, reassigned, filtered and lots of recipe edits to get what we have today. It also made it easy to add in a bunch more of my own recipes sometimes expanding on others. The wood carving was like that. After integrating the existing wood carving mod I looked through the graphic tiles and picked out ones that looked like they could be carved, like the village playset.

Keeping code easy to read is part of computer programmer training. Code is read by more than you and the machine. Other team members, the client and people years down the road need to figure it out. Plus one day you may be called in to do maintenance or update on code someone wrote years ago... like that time 1999 became 2000.

:-P
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 02:19:07 AM by Brygun »

Brygun

« Reply #266 on: April 22, 2019, 02:20:26 AM »
Update

minor

Dungeon Smash in the original cooking thread find a compatibility wording issue recommending change to  {*wooden tub*}

This has been done in this version of BAC

Strangelove

« Reply #267 on: April 29, 2019, 02:34:56 PM »
Where's the download link? I can't see any.

MigrantWorker

« Reply #268 on: April 29, 2019, 07:49:04 PM »
Where's the download link? I can't see any.

There is no link as such. Instead, each release is attached as a zipped file to one of the responses - including the one immediately above your comment... ;)

Brygun

« Reply #269 on: April 30, 2019, 08:32:06 PM »
Thanks for answering Migrant.

I also endeavor (fancy word for try) to keep changing the link in the first post of the first page of this thread to show the current.

I do include the link whenever I say that magic "Update" word. The various update posts effectively make a set of earlier version backups just in case something gets out of sorts with a new update.