Topic: [to 3.63 only] Community mod BAC: Smith, Cooking, Survival, Carpentry, Sewing  (Read 336747 times)

Brygun

« Reply #240 on: March 20, 2019, 06:10:20 PM »
Well not quite leaving cooking as is.

Updating cookery_glossary.txt to Fataal's Hardtack v1.7.0

Thus also checking relative cooking times, though do bear in mind the /#Acting/ \#Unavailable\ times mentioned above.

Brygun

« Reply #241 on: March 20, 2019, 06:20:47 PM »
Update

Above matters included

1) Typo on Net should make it work now, please test and let me know

2) Backstrap fix done for the different animals

3) Hardtack updated

4) Cooking times reviewed with little/no changes with the understanding of /#Active/ means its not instant and you won't always have \#Unavailable\

edit: fixed the unavailable to the other slashes

« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 12:38:23 AM by Brygun »

Teellox

« Reply #242 on: March 21, 2019, 01:17:29 AM »
Thank you so much for all the updates, Brygun! I'm having a blast with BAC.

1) As BAC has grown to be quite large and uses file management methods when reporting it will help debug if you can mention which of the files you think the error relates too. Coming back after a while its a delay when I try to figure which_is_it.txt file that needs the check.

If there's a github repo for BAC then I'm delighted to report future bugs and improvements as pull-requests. :)

Many thanks again!

~ T

Brygun

« Reply #243 on: March 21, 2019, 03:09:57 AM »
Your welcome.

I encourage the various contributing authors to also pat themselves on the back. Or rub against a tree facing backwards to simulate the experience.

Aphrael

« Reply #244 on: March 21, 2019, 04:49:04 AM »
Hey Brygun,

Thanks so much for this. What an incredible list of stuff you have in here. I'm new(ish) to the game and at the point where I am just now dabbling in mods.

Wondering if there is any way to make this work with the Shaman mod? I seem to be able to get one or the other going, but not both...Shaman options don't show up in the SHIFT-M menu once I install the BAC.

Brygun

« Reply #245 on: March 21, 2019, 03:58:56 PM »
The shaman mod being (to my understanding) both large and spiritual vs craft concept isn't planned for inclusion in the BAC. That being said...

BAC leaves 2-3, IIRC currently 3, menu letters available. Those are the gateway to being compatible with other mods. IIRC the BAC no longer assigns specific letters to a menu as that was one less thing to co-ordinate in this very large mod.

So the question is whether you can divert the Shaman mod to fit into those limited free slots.

I've not used that mod so I don't know how many original menu slots it currently uses (or could be squeezed into).

Another option would be for the use to manually on/off parts of the BAC mod. You can have the game running at the time >IF< you are not in any craft/build menus at the time. Unlike other games once an item is in the game world it has its properties assigned. Thus you can edit the text (though not necessarily the graphics) in the files or rename the diy_ files to on/off things. For example in BAC there is on/off used for overlapping "build" on things like water sources.

In a simpler language...

you can hot swap large mods, just leave all the graphics in place.

So... while its not planned for inclusion the above can give you some leads on how to manually include the other popular mod in your adventure.

Aphrael

« Reply #246 on: March 21, 2019, 05:49:00 PM »
Hey Brygun,

Thanks for clarifying. This is actually super useful and, while I'm not *quite* a modder, lol...I am pretty sure I can make this work based on  what you're saying here. In at least a minimally-functional way. Right now I'm using Caethan's mod with the Shaman integration, but I can't resist the attraction of more items and such :) Thanks again!

ETA: Woo hoo! I made it work with some finagling. Feeling self-proud at the moment, haha.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 02:35:56 AM by Aphrael »

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #247 on: March 23, 2019, 05:30:34 PM »
Congratulations, Aphrael!  "You've taken your first step into a wider world", as Obi-Wan said.  Once you've mastered the basic modding infrastructure there's no limit to the customizing you can do :)

Credit

« Reply #248 on: March 25, 2019, 08:12:12 PM »
You can use a simple script to "Exchange" menudefs so that new menus become available, but needs restart w/o modloader.
Also, you can use COOKERY as parent menu, without much trouble, except skill specific items, like shovel, northern spear and the like, but a small knife is totally doable from the cooking menu.

I've also successfully created clothing from a sub-cooking menu.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 08:17:02 PM by Credit »

Brygun

« Reply #249 on: March 26, 2019, 07:38:50 PM »
I've also successfully created clothing from a sub-cooking menu.

When your underwear comes already baked  :o

Credit

« Reply #250 on: March 26, 2019, 09:25:22 PM »
What do you mean? You don't like using the cooking menu as crafting like the make?

koteko

« Reply #251 on: March 27, 2019, 11:35:43 AM »
I think that was just a "dirty" joke  ;D

Credit

« Reply #252 on: March 27, 2019, 12:35:59 PM »
Why is it a joke? There's no [bake] tag used in the recipe?

Aerotinge

« Reply #253 on: March 29, 2019, 08:45:35 AM »
Why is it a joke? There's no [bake] tag used in the recipe?

Items under cookery_* will be cooked with no exception.
For example:
Code: [Select]
[SUBMENU_START:baking]
.RAWfish. "Pike"     *COOKERY* /1/ %30% |-1| :148: 
{Rock} (1) [remove]
[SUBMENU_END:baking]
You'll get a edible, cooked RAWfish in foods.

However, if putting same items under in diy_*
[SUBMENU_START:Weapon]
.RAWfish. "Pike"     *COOKERY* /1/ %30% |-1| :148: 
{Rock} (1) [remove]
[SUBMENU_END:Weapon]
You'll get a RAWfish that is still raw as vanilla "Pike", inedible.

And yes, you might redefine your clothing via a [TYPE:] flag. But it wouldn"t change a thing that your clothing is already cooked. :o

Aerotinge

« Reply #254 on: March 29, 2019, 09:10:33 AM »
And for hot swapping submenu. Here comes an idea.
If there're alt_BAC_menu.txt and diy_BAC_menu.txt with following item code entry
.Next page trigger. [effort:1] *COMMON* /1/ |-2| [noquality]
//using condition hard to match
{[TILE:Inside of a building]} +'Esc this menu'
{[TILE:Inside of a Kota]} +'and next page menu will reload '
and a ext. script (bash/batch/powershell) monitoring MSGLOG.TXT, by using grep/findstr for certain words.
Run UrW with this ext. script.
When a trigger item fires, MSGLOG.TXT goes
(143270):d6hi:[#]{044A0609}      | HANDCRAFT OPTIONS: BAC MENU
(143270):d6hi:[#]{044A0609}      | BAC MENU: Next page trigger
then the script swaps alt_BAC_menu.txt and diy_BAC_menu.txt, and vise versa.
And player will see content of another menu.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 09:51:22 AM by Aerotinge »

anything