Topic: Buoidda's Crafts 1.6.2 (Help)  (Read 26674 times)

Aarnu

« on: July 04, 2017, 09:16:56 AM »
Hello!

http://z3.invisionfree.com/UrW_forum/index.php?showtopic=8043

I'm realy liking this mod but I'm stuck at trying to get myself some birch-bark for fibres, I can't harvest trough Timbercraft and can't find a recipe for the outer bark. I can harvest inner bark for the tanning solution.

Thanks for the help.

PALU

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 10:32:53 AM »
Yes, it's not obvious. I had to look for a while before finding it again.
It's Barkware -> Birch-bark lace.

Aarnu

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 02:31:19 PM »
Alrighte, will try it out! Thanks!

Mati256

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 06:38:01 AM »
I'm intrigued by the sheep shearing in this mod. Looking at the code it seems you don't actually need a sheep to get the Greasy wool, am I right?

Privateer

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 06:00:36 PM »
I'm intrigued by the sheep shearing in this mod. Looking at the code it seems you don't actually need a sheep to get the Greasy wool, am I right?

Though I've not look at the code you are probably correct, NPC adjacency is not supported at this time.
http://z3.invisionfree.com/UrW_forum/index.php?showtopic=7401&hl=
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

makute

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 07:43:17 PM »
Good day everyone,

I'm giving a try to the mod with the latest version of UrW, and fiund that several entries in the crafting menu are duplicated: http://imgur.com/UfN9ZOY

How can I get rid of them? Thanks a lot.

JEB Davis

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 02:50:02 AM »
Check to see if you have 2 different versions of the diy file in your game folder...

or see if those duplicated items are present in different named diy files.
If so, you can comment out or delete them from one of the files.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 02:53:02 AM by JEB Davis »

makute

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2017, 08:52:26 PM »
Yeah, you were right, there was a couple of diy* files duplicated.

Thanks a lot :)

Fymothar

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2017, 11:13:39 PM »
Hello, I'm new to "modding". I just came up with sling idea but I'm not entirely sure how to do it exactly, and was wondering if there is a way to change the ammo type from arrows to rocks. There is the thing I wrote.

.Sling.  -9- "Leather belt" [effort:1] [phys:stance,hands] *HIDEWORKING* %15% /30/
{Leather belt} [remove]
{Tying equipment} [remove]
[TYPE:weapon]
[WEIGHT:0.5]
[Price:1]
[EDGE_ATTACK:-]
[POINT_ATTACK:2]
[BLUNT_ATTACK:5]
[SKILL:bow]

I want to put it in diy_glossary.txt can someone say if it's good or not really?

Mati256

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2017, 05:23:59 AM »
You should probably start by using a bow and not a leather belt as base object. Maybe you could create a projectile by slamming two rocks together and the base object for that projectile would be an arrow, so basically you would shoot a blunt arrow with your sling. But you could also shoot this projectile with a regular bow, so you should use some discipline as player.
Sling with bow skill is strange.  :-\

Fymothar

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2017, 12:12:11 PM »
You should probably start by using a bow and not a leather belt as base object. Maybe you could create a projectile by slamming two rocks together and the base object for that projectile would be an arrow, so basically you would shoot a blunt arrow with your sling. But you could also shoot this projectile with a regular bow, so you should use some discipline as player.
Sling with bow skill is strange.  :-\

Hmm that should work too. Will try with that next time. As for Ammo, using arrow as base item is something I overlooked but will change it if the way I did it won't work. Yes I know it's weird but there is no seperate skill for that so that's the closest I could think of.

koteko

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2017, 12:14:35 PM »
Just an idea based on metagaming - why not "flail" skill? The movement is kind of related (rapidly "swinging" a weight linked to a string), but most importantly it's a quite unused skill, since most cultures have flail skill penalties. Only three cultures have flail bonuses: Koivu, Reemi and Sarto. Koivu in particular is the least loved of the cultures, so your sling could be an incentive to select it :)

EDIT: I initially suggested unarmed, but flail is much more "appropriate" for the reasons above.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 12:19:55 PM by koteko »

Fymothar

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2017, 12:18:07 PM »
Hmm that is not a bad idea, would make this skill useful for those who has low intial bow or crossbow skill but high unarmed. Not sure how the game would see this though.

Ah yes hmm never really used that skill but flails always looked quite nice to me.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 12:24:41 PM by Fymothar »

Fymothar

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2017, 12:22:22 PM »
Is there a way to change the graphics of the item? Let's Say I use .Sling. "Shortbow" but want the item to look like a belt or rope or cord.

koteko

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2017, 12:36:14 PM »
Yep, you can use the tile of rope or cord by adding this tag:

Code: [Select]
[TILEGFX:it-cord]
For example, or it-rope for rope, clearly :)

You can even use a custom tile if you save it in the truetile/ folder as a png.

anything