Topic: Modding Tutorial and Help  (Read 53334 times)

Primethion

« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2022, 10:50:15 AM »
Hello all.

I just have a quick question regarding modding.

Can new items be added to the game with no ingredients attached? E.g. new types of stone, ore, etc?

Cheers.

Privateer

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2022, 07:23:40 PM »
Hello all.

Can new items be added to the game with no ingredients attached? E.g. new types of stone, ore, etc?

Cheers.

Yes - Something like a new type of stone, ore, GOLD! You still need to perform some action 'to create the item in the world' because it's new.

No - Something like a new type of stone, ore, GOLD! Item just laying on the floor in a spawned world*.
* - Items you define in 'flora' can be new and will be able to spawn on the floor without any further player action.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Primethion

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2022, 01:46:12 PM »
Hello all.

Cheers.

Yes - Something like a new type of stone, ore, GOLD! You still need to perform some action 'to create the item in the world' because it's new.

No - Something like a new type of stone, ore, GOLD! Item just laying on the floor in a spawned world*.
* - Items you define in 'flora' can be new and will be able to spawn on the floor without any further player action.

Thanks for that Privateer!

My last and probably most important question would be are there any simple and straight forward guides to follow on making mods for UnReal World?  8)

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2022, 05:23:24 PM »
Modding is pretty straightforward and pretty robust.
Here’s a decent place to start: URW wiki on modding

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2022, 05:30:06 PM »
Also, please check the attachment and links on the first page on this very topic.

Pet94er

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2022, 10:57:01 AM »
Hey, I  know how to add new equipment correctly and all moding in txt is easy, but how to open more advance game resources?
What program do I need to be able do dig in every code in every corner, if I want do engine mod, what should I open and with which program?

How he find this code? I want to see this too, I searched all txt files there wasnt anything like this.
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/urwforum/fur-values-in-unreal-world-3-40-t8486.html

Credit

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2023, 10:34:27 PM »
I was trying to add seed tags to the herbs and newherbs file, as to make a herbal mod.

Through the flora_newherbs:clayweed it looks like you can just add:

[SEED_VOLUME:fistful]
[SEED_QUANTITY:1]
[SEED_SIZE:M]

But mother pipe or bear pipe doesnt want to give me seeds, haven't tried with other herbs, in the flora_herbs file. I've tried to close the game, make new char and remove the root tag, adding the noseed_nutrition tag. I can't for the life of me figure out how to make those herbs give seeds, after threshing the plant.

Galgana

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2023, 11:21:59 PM »
But mother pipe or bear pipe doesnt want to give me seeds, haven't tried with other herbs, in the flora_herbs file. I've tried to close the game, make new char and remove the root tag, adding the noseed_nutrition tag. I can't for the life of me figure out how to make those herbs give seeds, after threshing the plant.

Mother pipe and Bear pipe are flower-bearing plants by default, which means they yield seeds only after their flowering period is over.