Topic: [3.72 beta linux] Bug in LoydettyTarvike() function. Report!  (Read 4586 times)

Plotinus

« on: December 30, 2022, 04:28:41 PM »
I was a few minutes into crafting a shortbow (with a mod) when I got this message. I can provide a save.

This is an older mod, dates to long before 3.70 when the need to periodically restring a bow was added, from before shortbows were in diy_glossary.txt. I don't know what the LoydettyTarvike function is but if it relates to what I was crafting then possibly there is no bug just an outdated mod.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 04:30:51 PM by Plotinus »

rudy

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2023, 02:56:46 AM »
I actually recently got the exact same bug, for crafting a bow for my magic mod.

The recipe is as follows:

.Enchant a Bow. "Longbow" [effort:0] [phys:hand] *WEATHERLORE* /1/ |2| %20%
{[NEARBY_TILE:mountain]} +'Pray at the Shrine'
{Fire} +'Sacrificial Fire'
{Weapon Enchanting Rune} (1) [remove] [noquality]
{*Bow} (1) [remove] +'Northern, Hunting, or Longbow.'
[NAME:Enchanted Bow]
[POINT_ATTACK:9]

It creates an enchanted bow with no string, which can then be strung normally.

Normally I wouldn't report bugs that only occur with a mod, but it told me to report!

EDIT: This is 3.72 patch 1 on Windows
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 03:37:03 AM by rudy »

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2023, 01:13:56 PM »
These are results of the bow and string handling additions in the recent versions.
Whenever a bow type weapon is created it's checked for several bow related tags and the bowstring attach status.

In Plotinus's case the error is caused as follows:

{Bowstring} is now a proper item type, covering all the items with the bowstring status regardless of their item name, so it should be referred in diy as {Bowstring} rather than
with wildcard text based reference {*Bowstring}. The latter reference internally makes the game tag that material as "freeform whatever textbased item". Now when the bow is crafted, the search for its string is performed and as that is not found in the materials the error appears.

The fix in Plotinus' mod code would go as:

change
Code: [Select]
{*Bowstring} [remove] 'Bowstring'to
Code: [Select]
{Bowstring} [remove] 'Bowstring'
--

In rudy's case I think is also about the bowstring not being found in the crafting recipe.
Essentially and internally the crafting system tries to create new items into the world and is not that reliable when being tweaked into altering properties of existing items.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

Bert Preast

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2023, 08:00:37 PM »
I have just had the same bug message appear, but while crafting a dipnet from the BAC mod.  It doesn't seem to have crashed anything, and I made the dipnet successfully. 

Running Windows 10 and Steam 3.72#1

As above, I suspect it's a mod issue so am reporting here because of the big scary red letters saying REPORT!

Save available if required.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 08:03:18 PM by Bert Preast »

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2023, 10:26:38 AM »
I have just had the same bug message appear, but while crafting a dipnet from the BAC mod.  It doesn't seem to have crashed anything, and I made the dipnet successfully. 

Running Windows 10 and Steam 3.72#1

As above, I suspect it's a mod issue so am reporting here because of the big scary red letters saying REPORT!

Save available if required.

With a great certainty this is also likely a mod issue.
If somebody pastes the said item mod code here I might take a look and confirm.

Tinker

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2023, 11:09:19 AM »
The BAC dip net mod contains a line

{Thin cordage}      =15=   [remove] [nominlen] [patchwise]   '+for tying together'

but there is no patch in the first line making the patchwise an extra, but not used, instruction. I have removed the [patchwise] and do not see any error when making a dip net. Could this be the problem?

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2023, 01:53:38 PM »
The BAC dip net mod contains a line

{Thin cordage}      =15=   [remove] [nominlen] [patchwise]   '+for tying together'

but there is no patch in the first line making the patchwise an extra, but not used, instruction. I have removed the [patchwise] and do not see any error when making a dip net. Could this be the problem?

How does the whole recipe look like? With the header, and all the lines included.
I'll be wiser to answer after that.
It's weird - and interesting - that patchwise clears the issue, but I can't (just yet) explain why.

Tinker

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2023, 02:23:27 PM »
Here is the complete toolmaking file, the dip net, line 98, is still based on a fishing rod in this version, changing to net stops it asking for a hook.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2023, 11:05:50 AM »
Here is the complete toolmaking file, the dip net, line 98, is still based on a fishing rod in this version, changing to net stops it asking for a hook.

Ah, okay, so this happens because the item to be crafted is a "Fishing rod" and nowadays the fishing rod needs a hook, which is associated with the item properties.
As the game fails to find the hook in used the materials/parts, it reports about the failure.

anything