Topic: [OUTDATED] [3.72] Community Mod BAC  (Read 24558 times)

Tinker

« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2023, 04:39:07 PM »
The file is ww-dry_lb_wood.png it should be in the mod folder in the truetile folder.

Not having it should not cause a crash on linux, but perhaps it does? If you cannot find the file in the BAC install or your truefile game folder I can send you a copy, let me know.

Mr.Ocd

« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2023, 04:44:15 PM »
The file is ww-dry_lb_wood.png it should be in the mod folder in the truetile folder.

Not having it should not cause a crash on linux, but perhaps it does? If you cannot find the file in the BAC install or your truefile game folder I can send you a copy, let me know.

Curious. I have the file and it seems the name and everything is correct. If its not the file why is my game crashing?

Privateer

« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2023, 04:54:25 PM »
Whenever I go to make a dry quarter log in the fletching menu from a regular quarter log my game freezes then crashes. Whats up with that?

If you're on UX it's because the graphic is missing (Truetile file)

I'm on Linux Mint. Not sure what UX means unless thats Unix. How do I get the missing truetile file?

Yes I mean a version of Unix, and I misspoke, I now remember this specific issue.
The problem is the file name "ww-dry_lb_wood.png" is to long for unix

to fix it; open the text file containing the recipe, find the line for "regular quarter log" (or whatever it is)
Go down to the line with [TILEGFX:]
and shorten the name to 10 or under characters.
THEN
Go to the Truetile folder in UnrealWorld and rename the graphic file to match what you used in the [TILEGFX:] name
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Mr.Ocd

« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2023, 05:04:11 PM »
Yup, that fixed it. Thanks!

Felius

« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2023, 07:36:13 AM »
Currently the Lumber crafting file has the following recipe for staves and wooden stakes:
Code: [Select]
.Wooden stake. [effort:1] [phys:arms,one-armed]  *TIMBERCRAFT* (8) /30/ %40% |-2| [patch]
.Staff. [effort:1] [phys:arms,one-armed]  *TIMBERCRAFT* /15/ %60% |-2| [patch]
{Cutting weapon} <Axe>
{Slender trunk} [remove]

Is the absence of [patchwise] for the Slender Trunk intentional? That is, that you can make up to 80 stakes or 10 staves out of a single slender trunk?

Tinker

« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2023, 10:19:01 AM »
You are correct, it is an error. you cannot just add [patchwise] to the slender truck as the same code is used for making a staff, you should edit the stake recipe to

.Wooden stake.    [effort:1]  [patch] [phys:arms,one-armed]  *TIMBERCRAFT* (8) /30/ %40% |-2|
{Cutting weapon} <Axe>   
{Slender trunk}   [patchwise] [remove]

This then works as expected and intended.

Felius

« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2023, 10:27:01 AM »
You are correct, it is an error. you cannot just add [patchwise] to the slender truck as the same code is used for making a staff, you should edit the stake recipe to

.Wooden stake.    [effort:1]  [patch] [phys:arms,one-armed]  *TIMBERCRAFT* (8) /30/ %40% |-2|
{Cutting weapon} <Axe>   
{Slender trunk}   [patchwise] [remove]

This then works as expected and intended.
Why would the staff recipe shouldn't have the [patchwise] tag as well for the Slender Trunk?

Tinker

« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2023, 11:33:50 AM »
Because the staff does not have patch in the first line, you make one staff from one slender trunk, you could add patch to the staff recipe if you want to make multiple staves from multiple slender trunks.

Felius

« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2023, 02:11:52 AM »
Because the staff does not have patch in the first line, you make one staff from one slender trunk, you could add patch to the staff recipe if you want to make multiple staves from multiple slender trunks.
But it does? Just on the end of the line, both recipes have [patch]

Tinker

« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2023, 09:59:38 AM »
OK, I missed that, my version does not have patch for staff, but I have changed many recipes to suit myself. You could then just add [patchwise] to the slender trunk  line under both recipes

Felius

« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2023, 05:21:14 PM »
For some reasons, Large Amphoras are weighting about 1/7-1/6 of the weight of normal amphoras (approximately, because I'm using metric, and URW can be a bit funky with the conversions). An empty large amphora is 0.6kg while the empty amphora is 4.1kg. Which obviously is wrong. But I can't seem to find why this is happening. The code seems to be fine, as seem below copied straight from the .txt file.
Code: [Select]
.Amphora. "Wooden Tub"   [effort:0] [phys:hands,one-armed] *COMMON*  %30%    /90/ \6h\
{Clay lump}   (15)   [remove]
{Water} #7.5# [remove] '+to soften clay during shaping'
{*kiln} [noquality] [ground] '+to dry shape in'
{Fire}
{Branch} (30) [remove] [ground] '+as fuel to dry clay'
[PRICE:1]
[CONT_CAPACITY:25]
[WEIGHT:9]
[TILEGFX:bc-claypot]
// Inspired by amphora to hold large quantites.
// Tub in name to be seen by other recipes
// As a tub it isn't able to be used in cooking
// Good for storing the grains from threshing
// Used efficiency of scale on capacity vs weight
// Probably would be pushing what could be fit in the kiln

.Large Amphora. "Wooden Tub"   [effort:0] [phys:hands,one-armed] *COMMON*  %30%    /180/ \12h\
{Clay lump}   (45)   [remove]
{Water} #22.5# [remove] '+to soften clay during shaping'
{*kiln} [noquality] [ground] '+to dry shape in'
{Fire}
{Branch} (90) [remove] [ground] '+as fuel to dry clay'
[PRICE:2.7]
[CONT_CAPACITY:125]
[WEIGHT:27]
[TILEGFX:bc-claypot]
// A regular amphora will hold enough water to make the large.
// An amphora so big it will be about all you can carry when
// full. 125 lbs is about 15 gallons of fresh water
// This is actually too big for the kiln presented but not
// worth having a seperate menu.
Will try to debug this out later, but leaving the report here for now if someone has any idea about what's happening.

Tinker

« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2023, 12:32:09 PM »
I have not needed to make such a pot but I just did to test this out, it does in fact appear in game as weighing 600 grams not the expected 12 kg. To be sure it is not metric conversion I checked it in imperial and it is only 1.4 pounds.

The script seems to be correct, just not working. I changed the weight from 27 to 2,7 and it still makes a pot weighing 1, 4 pounds. It seems the [weight:] parameter does not accept decimals and it does not accept numbers greater than 9, any number with 2 or more digits is the same weight, I tried several weight settings, below 9 seems to work as expected, above 10 everything weighs 1.4 kg but a some point the weight drops to 600g. This assumption is wrong as other recipes use decimals and barrels and kegs weights work correctly. I need to check them again as it could be a change in the base code is affecting all mod weights.

Just checked the tub mod, it is listed as weighing 16 and is made in game weighing 7.3 empty, so not a game mechanic problem but an error in the earthworking script. I thought it might be due to it not having the line [TYPE:container] but adding that does not help. I have totally rewritten the code, to avoid cut paste errors with none printing characters. I have put it in a different mod section to avoid something in earthenware  affecting it, it still does not work but I cannot see why.

niftybottle

« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2023, 05:46:01 AM »
Has anyone tried this on the new 3.80 beta? It doesn't sound like there was changed that should break anything, but I am not a modder.

Tinker

« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2023, 01:55:30 PM »
Seems to work OK, not fully tested of course.

The large amphora detailed above still has the wrong weight.

Brygun

« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2023, 02:14:15 AM »
Brygun,

Here glad to see the mod collection getting updated.  :D

Also that someone else got to the see the scope of work need to keep updating this.

I was thinking of maybe playing some Unreal world again to find that when my laptop hard drive died the relevant game version to my last own BAC update (3.63) was only on that. Making it either to track down through fellow lifetimers or ... oh hey... someone has updated the BAC! Hooray!

I survived some life and health issues. It was always intended that BAC, the AC meaning "And Community", could continue on should the transition between world's have happened.

So to the maintainers, you have my blessings and my sympathies.

One hope I do have is for Saami to incorporate the tiered menu system so we can stuff all of this under one submenu rather than the heavy work needed when new items or menus are added to the base game, which I also glad to see Saami doing.

>>>

A small part of me going  ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D wasn't me who did the update!  :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 02:24:07 AM by Brygun »