Topic: [OUTDATED] [3.72] Community Mod BAC  (Read 25640 times)

Bert Preast

« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2023, 10:21:09 PM »
Happy to hear you're on the mend.  It's good to see you BAC!

Brygun

« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2023, 05:00:29 AM »
Loop snare is currently asking specifically for yarn. This blocks using other bush craft skills to make bird and hare snares, including leather.

Yarn itself is a huge tech tree requiring a sheep as well as phases of wool production.

IMHO loop snares should be on general access.

Perhaps a loop snare of yarn can get a quality bonus as a second entry.

Brygun

« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2023, 05:07:57 AM »
opening the trapping file I see Arimon caught the need to change the cordage type with:

.Loop snare. [effort:0] [phys:hands,one-armed] *TRAPPING*   /10/   %15%   |-2|            
{Thin cordage} =6=   [remove] [nominlen]
// Arimon 3.7x: changed {Yarn} to {Thin cordage}

Also note that the length needed has also changed so the Tying equipment file also needs this:

.Untie Loop Snare.   "Cord"   *COMMON*   /5/    [effort:1] [phys:hands]
{Loop snare}   (1)         [remove] [name:Cord]
[LENGTH:6]
// Returns default generic cord which might be higher value then what made the snare in the first place

which puts the length back to match the 6 needed to make it

Brygun

« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2023, 06:05:13 AM »
nevermind Wooden shovel is under Carpentry

From utility the vanilla wooden shovel is missing. Without the wooden shovel its hard to get started on other tech trees like making iron as you dont have a metal for a metal shovel until after your first gathering (with a wooden shovel)

Recommend adding it instead of one of the line breaks around the quern stone. IMHO its better to have an item than the line marker.

.Wooden shovel.   [effort:2] [phys:arms,stance] *CARPENTRY*         /240/          %10% 
{Block of wood} [remove]
{Axe} <Handaxe> 'An axe for rough cutting'
{Axe} <Carving axe> 'An axe for finishing the shape'
{Knife}

« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 06:37:27 AM by Brygun »

Brygun

« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2023, 06:40:42 AM »
Believe this is known but not in the page 1 download

Under Lumber -> Wooden stake

if you select multiple sets to make it still only takes one slender tree trunk not one per set.

needs the [patchwise] as would staff

.Wooden stake.    [effort:1] [phys:arms,one-armed]  *TIMBERCRAFT*    (8)    /30/         %40%   |-2|   [patch]
.Staff.      [effort:1] [phys:arms,one-armed]  *TIMBERCRAFT*      /15/         %60%   |-2|   [patch]
{Cutting weapon} <Axe>   
{Slender trunk}    [remove][patchwise]
« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 06:44:08 AM by Brygun »

Bert Preast

« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2023, 01:40:50 PM »
I suggest that the first post should include a link to Buoidda's original crafts mod, with a caveat that some things have been changed since back then.  The reason is that while recent changes have been well documented in the changelog, a lot of the basic stuff remains as Buoidda designed it and there is a lot of still very relevant information to be found there.  Linky:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/urwforum/buoidda-39-s-crafts-1-6-2-updated-2017-01-30-t8043.html

Brygun

« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2023, 07:11:16 PM »
Paying respects has been a part of BAC. There are text files with notes to the numerous contributors.

I'm not so sure a direct link is helpful though as Bouidda was no longer compatible to the updated vanilla game for a few years now. That lack of compatibility is part of how BAC was started in the first place. The more recent changes to the tying methods would further mess with the Bouidda recipes of old. Bouidda is very much appreciated for their work. Bouidda AFAIK has been silent on these forums for years.

The user Rain is generally regarded as the grandfather ancestor of the modding. Their iron working mod inspired me and AFAIK predates Bouidda.

For the list of contributors see:

_Readme BAC for users.txt

Bert Preast

« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2023, 07:22:01 PM »
Yes, I know the history of the mod and revere Rain as much as anyone!

I meant that Buoidda's first post on the thread that I linked to gave me a lot of useful information on many of the items that can be made.  New users might also find it helpful.

Brygun

« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2023, 12:17:29 AM »
I meant that Buoidda's first post on the thread that I linked to gave me a lot of useful information on many of the items that can be made.  New users might also find it helpful.

That is true.

The list from Buoidda's page includes:

>>>>

DESCRIPTION

This mod is for all those characters pursuing a career as a travelling craftsman. It suits really well for hermits as well.

It adds possibility to:
collect ore from lakes and mires, under certain conditions
build bloomery furnace for smelting ore
build simple stone forge and use fireplaces as forges
forge all the basic iron tools, axes, pots etc.
forge some iron weapons, including short spears (iron javelins)
make punt, fishing rod and net
make several bows, including three historical two-wood bows out of pine compression wood
make the staff-bow and ski while shooting!
fletch with various arrowheads of various materials. Forked fowling arrows!
harvest birch root and split spruce twigs for tying equipment
harvest bone, antler and sinew from your deer kills
collect bear teeth to make a necklace
make cordage and rope of various fibers, including willow bark!
make birch-bark items and containers
build kotas with covers of fur, leather and wool
wrap yourself in fur covers when sleeping
make finished fur covers into leather
collect guts and blood for sausages and cakes!
shear sheep and knit yourself woollen clothes!
Rain's Clothing Mod v3 included!
Rain's clothing addition: weave wool cloth.

Brygun

« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2023, 03:17:04 AM »
FYI

Weight not coming up right for a deep dug hull. Should be 100 but its coming up at 23.2 lbs (the weight of the tub base object?). Havent seen why the error is there. 100 is correct as its still more weight then the final boat of 90. Weight matters as the current game code links what can be floated as a multiplier on the boat weight. A low weight boat then isn't going to work right.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 03:32:43 AM by Brygun »

Brygun

« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2023, 03:38:50 AM »
Yeah there is something weird going on both deep and expanded steps of Finnish punt arent getting the desired weight. Maybe the one before that did to and I had recognized the importance.

Not seeing anything obvious in the text file why its that way.

Tinker

« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2023, 10:16:34 AM »
weight This may be connected with the weight of the large amphora problem noted week ago (weighs 600 grams not the expected 12 kg). I can see no reason why the scripted weight does not work.

With the punt ny final punt is the correct weight but I cannot remember what intermediate weights were. It may not be connected to the weight of the base object, the amphora and large amphora both use tun as base one works correctly one does not.

Brygun

« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2023, 06:39:50 PM »
I wonder if custom weight has a 2 digit limit like 99?

Any examples of over 100 come to mind...?

Brygun

« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2023, 08:32:08 PM »
Started a separate bug thread on the wrong weight issue:

https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=6963.0

Brygun

« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2023, 10:46:13 PM »
Confirming the report that finished item, Finnish punt, does have the proper weight of 90.

So the recipe will end up in the right place for the boat.

As for the dug out hulls along the way they have wrong weight but still act as a container of high volume. Currently seems a base game issue.