Topic: [not a bug] 3.70b No wandering Njerpezit raiders + No Bandits?  (Read 8861 times)

codyo

« on: August 23, 2021, 07:17:22 PM »
I've been playing on this character since the first iteration of the 3.70 beta, and so far I have never once seen a wandering raider within an entire game year.

This has also been reported on r/URW https://www.reddit.com/r/URW/comments/p44xgo/lack_of_hostiles/

I did not read anything in the changelog that mentioned the frequency of Njerpez was vastly lowered within the areas they are supposed to be. On this character I travelled from the northwestern coast of the Seal tribe, down to the middle of the kaumo territories, and even in the East I have never seen a wandering raider. In 3.63, Njerpez were super common sights down between the Kaumo, Kiesse, and Reemi lands; where they wandered both in those territories and in no man's land, but it's starkly different in this beta.

I have witnessed a Njerpez raiding camp pop up in Kaumo territory, and there were raiders inside it, but no individual parties on the world map.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 05:12:01 AM by JP_Finn »

Plotinus

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2021, 08:52:24 PM »
Now that you mention it, I haven't seen any either.

Tinker

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 09:48:15 AM »
As a player who has a deep dislike of combat, beyond hunting for food and fur, I see the reduction in combet as a positive point. I would in fact like an option to turn off Njerpez totally or at least limit them to 2 or 3 km of their homelands.

Shadowdweller

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2021, 12:58:51 PM »
I'm not big on combat with most characters....but I very much like the sense of danger they present.  Or used to present.  Haven't seen any Njerpez or Robbers yet in 3.70b3 either.

Plotinus

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2021, 01:13:52 PM »
As a player who has a deep dislike of combat, beyond hunting for food and fur, I see the reduction in combet as a positive point. I would in fact like an option to turn off Njerpez totally or at least limit them to 2 or 3 km of their homelands.
there are usually fewer of them in the west and it's more common to see them closer to their homelands. I also am not into the combat at all, and  I think it is fair that you can more or less avoid them by settling in the west

codyo

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2021, 09:36:49 PM »
I'm not big on combat with most characters....but I very much like the sense of danger they present.  Or used to present.  Haven't seen any Njerpez or Robbers yet in 3.70b3 either.

Yeah I hope this will be fixed soon, as it would help keep up the sense of danger if one would ever try to travel at night with no moon out, and accidentally stumble onto a Njerpez hunting party... Or bandits for that matter.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2021, 07:47:41 PM »
Tested, seems to work as intended, no reason to suspect a bug. There are no changes to robbers or Njerpez availability in 3.70.
Robbers can be encountered similarly in any cultural area. Njerpez are most common in the east, and almost absent in the far west and far north.
In my tests travelling from Driik to Kaumo four different parties of robbers were generated in the world, outside quests.
Hanging around in Reemi and Kaumo for a week, debugging for Njerpez raider probability, three different wandering Njerpez parties were found in the world - so thats pretty constant scouts travelling. My character never met any of these robbers nor Njerpez, but they do exist just like before.

If somebody is still in serious doubt, I can quickly check out a savegame to confirm.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

anything