Topic: Companions won't fell trees, why?  (Read 3026 times)

Rancho

« on: July 26, 2020, 12:59:34 PM »
Hello everyone,,

I have games on both the free versions and Steam version in which Companions, when told to fell trees, state that they will WHEN they have the proper equipment and when there are proper trees to fell.

I've given a woodsman's ax to the first one. He already had a handaxe. Still the same response. In the other game, the Companion has his own woodsman's ax. There are plenty of larger trees in both games yet neither will comply with my orders.

Does anybody have an answer as to why they refuse to work?

Tom H

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 03:07:20 PM »
In older versions, there was an anomaly that occurred when the ritual of placing a bear skull in a lone pine tree would make a large area off limits to COMPANION logging, and elicited that exact response from them. It was amended in later versions of the game.

What kind of trees are in the area you're trying to log?

甜汤

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 03:37:08 PM »
Hello everyone,,

I have games on both the free versions and Steam version in which Companions, when told to fell trees, state that they will WHEN they have the proper equipment and when there are proper trees to fell.

I've given a woodsman's ax to the first one. He already had a handaxe. Still the same response. In the other game, the Companion has his own woodsman's ax. There are plenty of larger trees in both games yet neither will comply with my orders.

Does anybody have an answer as to why they refuse to work?

Compared with this, I want to know how to drop npc's melee weapons. I give them clothes to improve their defense power. I give them longbows and arrows, hoping that they can use long-range shooting to maintain good physical condition. They always give up longbows and arrows and draw out knives

PALU

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 06:15:38 PM »
DON'T give them ranged weapons. They're horrible with them, in that they don't care if anyone is in the line of fire, so those buggers have probably caused as much damage to their own team as they have to enemies (I've had my characters shot in the back multiple times before I learned the lesson to never to hire anyone with a bow).

甜汤

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2020, 07:45:07 AM »
DON'T give them ranged weapons. They're horrible with them, in that they don't care if anyone is in the line of fire, so those buggers have probably caused as much damage to their own team as they have to enemies (I've had my characters shot in the back multiple times before I learned the lesson to never to hire anyone with a bow).

If a team uses long-range weapons, it can effectively reduce accidental injuries, because it does not need to be mixed with the enemy. The next time I hire, I will try to buy their melee combat weapons before hire so that they can only use bows and arrows. To a certain extent, the problem I encountered is the same as the problem you encountered, how to avoid team kills. Besides, I also hope that they will not try close combat, which means the possibility of injury. If you plan to hire NPCs to fight, but don’t plan to equip them with long-range weapons, you can try to replace them with a good armor