Topic: [Fixed - persists in 3.61] In the forest cover: locked out of wilderness map  (Read 5496 times)

Míriel

« on: December 30, 2019, 12:07:24 AM »
Hi, I ran into something potentially buggy in the forest cover quest. The most recent tracks were in the already dangerous ice in the Seedtime month and once the animal appeared after the spell was performed it wouldn't follow me in the zoomed out map so I had to return to the village in the zoomed in map to complete it :'(. I have the save stored if Sami needs to examine it.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 06:36:57 PM by Sami »

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2019, 11:48:26 AM »
Feel free to e-mail the savegame, but to be useful it would have to be saved quite soon after you found the animal, but haven't returned it to the village yet.

This is not necessarily buggy if all the mechanics have worked as they should. Eg. ice is thick enough to actually hold the animal weight.

But what sounds odd, and more of an issue, is that the animal wouldn't follow you on zoomed out map. I'd like to find a reason for that.

- Sami | UnReal World creator

Plotinus

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2019, 04:38:24 PM »
Reproduced: it's late winter month and I have a ram in the forest cover quest who won't follow me back to town. I left him behind by mistake and have just gone back for him and am zoomed in with him. We're in a mire of some kind, not near any lakes so the ice may be a red herring.

I'll send you an email

Míriel

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2019, 09:20:57 PM »
  I thought I had kept the file but it seems I deleted it :-[. It's unlikely that I'll be able to reproduce it soon so I' ll just describe the situation as best as I can.
  When I accepted the quest the ice was still thick enough to walk on but right after the freshest tracks there was a former hole in the ice as if the animal had fallen and managed to climb, also, before the allotted time for the quest expired, the ice melted completely (I learned this because I thought the lack of standing with the spirits was the cause for the animal distrust then stayed in the area sacrificing everyday to fix it before I noticed that I could take the animal to the village in the zoomed in map).

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2020, 11:25:52 AM »
  I thought I had kept the file but it seems I deleted it :-[. It's unlikely that I'll be able to reproduce it soon so I' ll just describe the situation as best as I can.
  When I accepted the quest the ice was still thick enough to walk on but right after the freshest tracks there was a former hole in the ice as if the animal had fallen and managed to climb, also, before the allotted time for the quest expired, the ice melted completely (I learned this because I thought the lack of standing with the spirits was the cause for the animal distrust then stayed in the area sacrificing everyday to fix it before I noticed that I could take the animal to the village in the zoomed in map).

Okay, thanks for the follow-up. Plotinus luckily managed to reproduce (and I've received the file. Thanks!) but I haven't yet had time to investigate.
Will report back when I get into this.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2020, 08:44:15 PM »
This seems to happen everytime. Animals in the forest cover just doesn't want to follow the player onto zoomed out map.
It's not about terrain, but adding NPC animal ownership (dogs for wandering NPCs) seem to have messed up things here.
Luckily I've managed to narrow things down to point where fix is just around the corner.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2020, 06:36:10 PM »
It's taken care of now. Until the next patch is out this quest keeps providing some extra challenge.

Fixed - persists in 3.61.