Topic: [Fixed - persists in 3.61] very fresh driikiläis craftsmanhuman tracks ...  (Read 4901 times)

Plotinus

« on: December 21, 2019, 09:03:01 PM »
(000000):2bgh:[Y]{038E06C4}      | You notice here very fresh driikiläis craftsmanhuman tracks which are numerous and mixed.

Just outside a village in Driik.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 01:42:10 PM by Sami »

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2019, 02:44:31 AM »
I noticed this too - just in case it isn't clear, the issue is that this is a strange phrase in English.  It should be "Craftsperson" or "Craftsman/craftswoman".   Also, children's tracks are labeled "childhuman's" tracks - it should simply be "child"

Privateer

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2019, 06:17:40 AM »
...yeah doing those name mashups can be hard sometimes.

Oh and Lol @ Craftswoman, woman are still appressed in URW, But that doesn't stop me from always asking if they'll come with me ;)
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Plotinus

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2019, 07:56:23 AM »
Well the real issue is that they should be just "human tracks", because this way you can tell for example robber tracks apart from adventurer tracks when the information you really have  is "boot tracks", "fur footwear tracks" vs "barefoot human tracks".

It should be: child-sized human tracks, human tracks, and maybe big human tracks [for kaumo men or other giants]

PALU

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2019, 03:36:34 PM »
I agree you should be able to differentiate between child and adult, as well as bare foot versus wearing shoes (in snow you might be able to differentiate a bit more, but I'm fairly sure Iron Age Finnish women didn't use stiletto heels ;) ).
In addition to that, it wouldn't be unreasonable to be able to recognize your own tracks, if/when they are added.

Plotinus

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2019, 05:07:13 PM »
I don't really know, but I expect the Finnish women had the good sense to wear warm fur footwear in winter, just like the men. But women have smaller feet on average than men do, so maybe most men should have "big human tracks"

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2020, 01:41:25 PM »
Human track info seemed to have gotten broken with late tracking additions and has been now fixed/restored to its original state where all the NPC tracks appear simply as "human tracks".

I also made it so that children tracks appear smaller. This includes graphical presentation and description eg. "You see here small human tracks." in case of kids.

Nice tracking info related ideas in this thread. Hopefully we'll see some of them featured in the future.

Fixed - persists in 3.61.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

anything