Topic: [3.60 beta linux-1] adventurer doesn't collect his own arrows  (Read 3035 times)

Plotinus

« on: October 23, 2019, 04:50:58 PM »
I found some human tracks near my home, the remains of a fire, some lynx bones, and a lot of arrows laying around. I eventually caught up with the adventurer who had been hunting there. I think he should try to collect some of his arrows after he is done hunting -- he shouldn't succeed at finding all of them but if he happens to be within a few tiles of his  arrow he should pick it up.

I noticed the arrows didn't have ownership on them though when I picked them up, so I guess it'd be tricky to work out which arrows he should feel free to take and which he should leave. If I leave arrows around my settlement then they are mine but if I shot an arrow farther away from my settlement and don't collect it then it would be fair if some adventurer took it.

Míriel

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 05:09:10 PM »
    I agree they should try to recover some of the arrows especially in the case of the Njerpez, a couple of times when I got to them they had no more arrows and were easy prey to mine ;). Or perhaps they shouldn't try to hunt just any animal but one compatible to their abilities and weapons (in both cases they were hunting birds in flight with bow and arrow and only one made it after exhausting all their arrows).

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 05:17:08 PM »
Yes, this is indeed a problem and should be taken care of. NPCs have never cared for their dropped or thrown items, and the oversight is now more obvious with the hunting NPCs.
To-do.
- Sami | UnReal World creator