Topic: [to 3.63 only] Community mod BAC: Smith, Cooking, Survival, Carpentry, Sewing  (Read 336781 times)

KKarlssoNN

« Reply #120 on: January 05, 2019, 11:59:57 AM »
I mentioned this in a above post, it may have gotten overlooked:

"I need barren terrain to make a whetstone, can i make the terrain somehow or do i have to go find it somewhere, up north or something?"

Best of luck in your future endeavors Brygun! Appreciate the effort!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 12:09:19 PM by KKarlssoNN »

cheesealmighty

« Reply #121 on: January 05, 2019, 01:21:11 PM »
I mentioned this in a above post, it may have gotten overlooked:

"I need barren terrain to make a whetstone, can i make the terrain somehow or do i have to go find it somewhere, up north or something?"

Best of luck in your future endeavors Brygun! Appreciate the effort!

"Barren terrain" apparently implies:
barren terrain where stones would be easily visible, such as Cliffs, Mountains and Lichenous forests.

as discussed in the old Buoidda's Crafts thread:
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/urwforum/buoidda-39-s-crafts-1-6-2-updated-2017-01-30-t8043.html

Although, if anyone has the list of these terrain type - in game grouping for the rest of the biomes, I would love to look at that.

Brygun

« Reply #122 on: January 05, 2019, 05:11:54 PM »

Brygun

« Reply #123 on: January 05, 2019, 05:31:24 PM »
Update

Got a character to a grove and there is no "young rowan" just the small "rowan" tree

Lumber updated

normally I would just post the one file but with my life transition I decided to do a full file upload to avoid newcomers missing the update.

Brygun

« Reply #124 on: January 05, 2019, 05:57:57 PM »
Update

error discovered under lumber not showing Split spruce twig due to a missing "."

In turn this led to the menu overflowing and losing "staff"

Split spruce twig moved to utility where there are other cord making recipes.

Split spruce twig [noquality] tag changed to a hefty skill penalty. The BAC concept is that it is useable cord for basic tasks, like hanging meat, but not so suitable for other things. In fact its name will fail the {*cord} style calls. AFAIK its quality won't affect drying or smoking meat. If it does let me know and we will go back to the [noquality] tag.

cheesealmighty

« Reply #125 on: January 05, 2019, 07:13:12 PM »
Terrain types as known to the wiki

https://www.unrealworld.fi/wiki/index.php?title=Modding#.7B.5BTERRAIN:_.5D.7D

Thank you, I'm aware of that list. But unfortunately I'm looking for this empty column: https://puu.sh/Cs6gI/f773490bab.png

cheesealmighty

« Reply #126 on: January 05, 2019, 09:49:43 PM »
It seems like you can't use clay tubs for ironworking, even though they're basically huge. It seems all the recipes were set to
{Wooden tub of water}

Code: [Select]
* tub of water works as probably intended.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 09:52:08 PM by cheesealmighty »

Brygun

« Reply #127 on: January 06, 2019, 02:05:21 AM »
Update

cheesealmighty's report on the tub of water issue corrected in both the Ironworking and Armor group one files.

cheesealmighty

« Reply #128 on: January 06, 2019, 04:18:38 PM »
Bone comb cannot be used as comb in extracting fibres/weaving: https://puu.sh/CswQl/58a0e608ac.png

Signatus

« Reply #129 on: January 06, 2019, 05:36:35 PM »
Bone comb cannot be used as comb in extracting fibres/weaving: https://puu.sh/CswQl/58a0e608ac.png

I see two issues there: {Comb} needs to be {*Comb} and the bone comb recipe needs a fix to remove the doubled word.

I'd like to point out that the comb is optional but I'm still unsure whether it makes any difference whatsoever... does using a comb yield better results on average? Do you get any kind of penalty when not using it?

cheesealmighty

« Reply #130 on: January 06, 2019, 06:17:10 PM »
Looking at the modding page in the wiki: https://www.unrealworld.fi/wiki/index.php?title=Modding#.5Boptional.5D

And the recipe:
.Extract Fibre. "Rock" *AGRICULTURE* /15/ [patch:10] [effort:3] [phys:arms,stance]
{Dried Retted *} [remove] [patchwise] [ground] [name:Fibre from %s] [naming:last word] 'Dried, Retted Plants'
{Club} '+for scutching'
{Knife} <Small knife>
{*comb} [optional]
[TILEGFX:rc-fibre]
// Icon provided by Kaaven from the Urw Forums, modified
[TYPE:tool]
[WEIGHT:0.1]

I don't know by how much it improves it, but should improve it.

Changing to {*comb} worked just fine, aye.

---

For the bone comb recipe:
.Bone comb. "Hunting Horn" *CARPENTRY* /2h/ [effort:1] [phys:hands] %-20%
{Bone} (1) [remove] [noquality] [NAME:%s comb] [naming:original]

It looks like it should work, but for some reason it doubles the "bone".

That sounded wrong.

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #131 on: January 06, 2019, 06:44:00 PM »
Hope your job goes well Brygun, and thanks for your great work on this mod.  I think this will satisfy a lot of "itches" for a lot of people, particularly newer players.

Acolyte

« Reply #132 on: January 06, 2019, 08:10:40 PM »
In diy_BAC_Weaving

.Spin Yarn.       "Cord"    *AGRICULTURE*   /1h/    [patch:5]   [effort:1]    [phys:hands,one-armed]   
{*ibre from *}       #0.5#   [remove] [patchwise]  [name:%s Yarn] [naming:last word] 'Fibre'
{*Spindle and Distaff}
[TILEGFX:rc-yarn]
// Icon provided by Kaaven from the Urw Forums, modified
// 'Plant Fibre' -> 'Fibre'
[PRICE:5]

I believe you are missing an "F" here?

- Shane

Brygun

« Reply #133 on: January 06, 2019, 08:17:15 PM »

I believe you are missing an "F" here?

- Shane

Well F me

>>>>>>>>>>>>

Actually....

the missing F means it also works for f which is probably while it wasnt there
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 08:18:52 PM by Brygun »

Brygun

« Reply #134 on: January 06, 2019, 08:27:42 PM »
Update

Boneworking comb naming losing the original marker.
That was likely from when Bouidda needed to create its own bones rather than the bones that were added into vanilla later on.

Weaving *ibre in Spin Yarn left as is due to the risk of making it "F" and missing "f" recipes or vice versa

anything