Topic: [to 3.63 only] Community mod BAC: Smith, Cooking, Survival, Carpentry, Sewing  (Read 337066 times)

Acolyte

« Reply #135 on: January 06, 2019, 08:30:27 PM »
I notice that carpentry is used for making most objects..... Can you not add a skill to the ini_skills file?

Never mind.... it seems no, you can't.....

- Shane

Privateer

« Reply #136 on: January 06, 2019, 08:45:45 PM »
I notice that carpentry is used for making most objects..... Can you not add a skill to the ini_skills file?

- Shane
ini_skills file, only has effect when survivor is created.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Acolyte

« Reply #137 on: January 06, 2019, 08:59:57 PM »

- Shane

I tried and created a test character, no additional skills.  :-\
Do they just not display?

- Shane

cheesealmighty

« Reply #138 on: January 06, 2019, 10:08:51 PM »

- Shane

- Shane

Unfortunately you can't add new skill trees to the game with the current modding system. That's also why some modders choose to use "weatherlore" as a wildcard. Usually for ironworking. That ini file is for changing the starting bonuses for different tribes.

Privateer

« Reply #139 on: January 06, 2019, 10:45:46 PM »

- Shane

- Shane

Unfortunately you can't add new skill trees to the game with the current modding system. That's also why some modders choose to use "weatherlore" as a wildcard. Usually for ironworking. That ini file is for changing the starting bonuses for different tribes.

As stated above, Sorry I misunderstood the question.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Brygun

« Reply #140 on: January 07, 2019, 12:36:18 AM »
Within BAC Weatherlore is used for earthenware so you can improve your skills  and make more valuable versions.

BAC stayed with the typical presentation of Carpentry for ironworking. Bouidda and Rain (pretty much the grandfather of all ironworking) used Carpentry.

I've not used a mod using WL for ironworking but that doesn't mean someone didn't.

If you do wish otherwise a search-replace of the appropriate diy_BAC_XXX.txt files is easy enough. Especially as now there are many diy_XXX.txt files

Acolyte

« Reply #141 on: January 07, 2019, 04:00:21 AM »
I'm actually more interested in the textile side of things, so maybe I'll use WL for that....

Anyways, thanks all for the mod and the help!

- Shane

Brygun

« Reply #142 on: January 07, 2019, 04:27:07 AM »
BAC as per Bouidda uses alot of Hideworking calls for making clothes

There is a few carpentry and agriculture skill calls in the early production related to the handing of plants.

AFAIK Hideworking is used in vanilla not just to tan the hides but to make them into leather clothes.

Signatus

« Reply #143 on: January 07, 2019, 04:43:37 AM »

- Shane

- Shane

I did some testing, and it's just not possible even if you assign it a [KEY]. You can make a recipe use any skill, like *TEST* or *T*, even if undefined, and it'll just produce decent stuff. I even tried tweakingthe initial default and tribe specific skill with the same results. Doesn't even some to default to *COMMON*, though I might be wrong.

-><-

I noticed that .Flat iron hammer. and .Ball iron hammer. both use the *TIMBERCRAFT* skill. Is that on purpose?

Brygun

« Reply #144 on: January 07, 2019, 06:54:35 PM »
I noticed that .Flat iron hammer. and .Ball iron hammer. both use the *TIMBERCRAFT* skill. Is that on purpose?

Ooops. Likely copy and paste error. Setting to carpentry.

<-->

Anyone know if I can remove from the BAC graphics directory the "it*" entries? Are those default game items? I think I grabbed them trying to be sure to include all references.

Brygun

« Reply #145 on: January 07, 2019, 06:56:56 PM »
Update

Catching the skill issue on the hammers as noted by Signatus

Brygun

« Reply #146 on: January 07, 2019, 08:46:46 PM »
Update

Graphics cleansing

To reduce future file size removed the base game items it-XXX and vanilla plant graphics from the truetile directory

File sized went from 200+ (nearing the 256 KB upload limit) to 100+ KB

This will facilitate future graphics should they become available to attach to the BAC project

No recipes were changed nor added in this update.

Signatus

« Reply #147 on: January 07, 2019, 09:13:30 PM »
@Brygun, some success! I was able to make a spruce mat that you can wrap yourself in. I tested various formulas and it seems that it doesn't have to inherit a fur piece of clothing, not be of material fur, not even be a piece of clothing! All it needs is to be called "fur":

Code: [Select]
.Spruce mat. "Spruce twig" *COMMON* [noquality] /2m/
{*spruce twig} (20) [remove] [ground]
[NAME:Spruce mat fur]
//[MATERIAL:fur]
[WEIGHT:30]

.Dismantle spruce mat. (20) "Spruce twig" *COMMON* [noquality] /1m/
{Spruce mat fur} (1) [remove] [ground]
[NAME:Spruce twig]

I used WEIGHT of 30 to make sure it was enough. Not sure what the threshold is. Being Timber, it shouldn't be possible to use it as fur in recipes.

Brygun

« Reply #148 on: January 07, 2019, 09:53:39 PM »
Update

Improvement of spruce mat as per Signatus to "spruce mat fur"

Testing 20, 30, 40 found that 40 twigs, weight 16 produced a "lay on" message

2 of 40 twig mats generate the "wrap yourself in" message

Build time only slightly adjusted to 4m build, 2m dismantle. Build 1m per ten twigs to lay them down.

///////////////
// Spruce mat
// Partly for RP and for storing spruce twigs.
// Now acts as warmth layer for sleeping and two
// count for being wrappted in.
// I decided against swapping the vanilla shelter to
// use this as new players wouldn't know about it
// brygun = original recipe at 20 twigs bundle (for shelter)
// Signatus = figured out method for "fur" sleep benefits
// experiments for wrap done at 20 twig/8lbs and 30/12 lbs
// and 40/16lbs. The 40/16 was found to work

.Spruce mat. "Spruce twig" *COMMON* [noquality] /4m/
{*spruce twig} (40) [remove] [ground]
[NAME:Spruce mat fur]
[WEIGHT:16]
[PRICE:0]
// As a dismantle item only one input is used, otherwise
// a tying equipment (such as a split spruce twig) would be
// called for

.Dismantle spruce mat. (40) "Spruce twig" *COMMON* [noquality] /2m/
{Spruce mat fur} (1) [remove] [ground]
[NAME:Spruce twig]
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 09:58:28 PM by Brygun »

Brygun

« Reply #149 on: January 07, 2019, 10:22:20 PM »
P.S.

;D Superbly done Signatus  8)

Now primitive survivors can wrap up in their lean-to wearing birch-bark and fur wraps.

Civilized survivors can now make spruce mat-tresses for their bunks.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 10:24:06 PM by Brygun »