Topic: [to 3.63 only] Community mod BAC: Smith, Cooking, Survival, Carpentry, Sewing  (Read 336827 times)

KKarlssoNN

« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2019, 09:50:57 AM »
Since Privateer doesn't want his mead mod (probaly his other mods besides fish cuts as well) included in this. Can BAC be made compatible, then we can add his mods in ourselves? I'am assuming there might have to be a compatibly patch of some sort.

Kind of puts a wrench in the plans, but it's his mod and his wishes should be respected.

What are the chances of the shaman mod being added?   https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/urwforum/shaman-mod-t5232.html.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 10:10:20 AM by KKarlssoNN »

KKarlssoNN

« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2019, 11:44:53 AM »
When i try to fill up my block pot with water at the river it doesn't allow me to and i get the message ''you can't store different kinds of stuff in one container'' even though its empty. All I have used it for is making pitch glue.

EDIT: I can however fill my birch basket with water from the river than pour it into the block pot. Further... the block pot of water has no usage bar, not that it really matters, for me at this point anyways.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 01:43:44 PM by KKarlssoNN »

KKarlssoNN

« Reply #107 on: January 03, 2019, 12:31:11 PM »
Whats the difference between a stone forge and a bloomery furnace? I've made both, but haven't used them yet. I'am assuming the bloomery is for making iron ingots from iron ore and the forge is for making tools and weapons from iron ingots, among other things.

Another thing i forgot to mention. I want to make a braided bowstring, I don't have any leather for the other bowstring. I have fibers from birch bark that i could make into it, but after a little research, birch bark isn't mentioned as a material that was used to make it from plants. Hemp, linen, nettle, flax, bamboo, cane, yew, silk, inner bark of basswood, slippery elm, cherry trees, and yucca are listed.

I'am roleplaying not using it as I feel as though using birch bark is kind of cheating since i don't think it would make a useful bowstring. Is there a way to block birch bark from being used, without causing too much trouble?

Is it possible to use a skinned bigger animal carcass, in your inventory or nearby, to make a bowstring. The sinew would be used without it having to be a ingame material/item/object. Or perhaps it could be a material gained from butchering bigger animals.

I need barren terrain to make a whetstone, can i make the terrain somehow or do i have to go find it somewhere, up north or something?

Outdoor table and bench are not usable for tanning hides.     
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 04:17:52 PM by KKarlssoNN »

Brygun

« Reply #108 on: January 03, 2019, 07:05:59 PM »
Re compatibility with Privateer's other mods, or mods from other people, it is one reason at least one of the first level menu slots is being left unused. That would let an individual person choose to insert the other mod in that slot(s).

As to direct compatibility of simply downloading the other mod that isn't logistically possible to confirm. One things that might go wrong is a menu running out of space (e.g. Utility menu is pretty full). There is also the letter assignment for the menu and its own submenu which I why in general I haven't used the programming option for the BAC recipes. AFAIK the first level of menus do need letter assigned.

If you look in the menudef_BAC.txt I already have listed what letters are free.

Individual recipes from another mod might collide and over write each other. That is why the BAC was done to begin with. To combine some popular mods, including my own Brygun's Added items, to allow a wide spectrum of recipes that work together.

Additional issues can develop within the recipes themselves with how the technology and quality are accounted for within the UrW programming options. For example:
{Tying equipment} -> {Cord} -> {*cord} -> {Rope} -> {*rope}

Each of those includes or excludes certain recipes. In BAC the recipes to create those objects have been adjusted to create items that work with that scheme.

So the summary on compatibility for mods not included is I can leave a bit of space for them but it will be for the individual user to sort out menu compatibility. Other than that each user/modder would need to figure it out their own custom situation.

>>>>>

I am willing to have mods suggested as possible BAC inclusion especially if the original creator agrees. In some cases the modders might no longer be active in the community.

Brygun

« Reply #109 on: January 03, 2019, 07:42:02 PM »
Regarding bloomery vs furnance.

The following comments are being added to the Ironworking files to explain.

// Bloomery
//
// A bloomery is a vertical intense heat chamber where raw ore
// is heated to the point that the liquid can flow.
// Gravity and bouyancy principles seperate materials.
// While the iron, being at welding heat, binds together.
// It is an impure process and will need follow up work.
//
// Weblinks on bloomery
// https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDy1jx6mLgs&t=436s
// https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUhv2OnVVDU
// https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3rjjpuhCLI&t=22s
// https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bajwZPebm-g&list=PL-vRsHsClLJ4yu4Vcs9nIhm5pGhxnJ5W6
//
// The option for useing the game's fireplace as a forge
// exists. It has many qualities in terms of structure
// similiar to a bloomery. It is possible to build
// an extra fireplace as a smithy.
//
// In terms of later recipes the calls are for *forge
// so both work equally well.

Brygun

« Reply #110 on: January 03, 2019, 07:45:51 PM »
Sinew was one of the things purged when we dropped some of the Bouidda cooking recipes (blood and guts were alongside sinew). It has been on my mind to restore the sinew to the BAC.

On outdoor table and bench not acting on hideworking: correct. It appears the hideworking recipe for scanning for table and bench are in a layer modders can't access.

Brygun

« Reply #111 on: January 03, 2019, 08:29:01 PM »
Indiviudual file update

Boneworking now has the Bouidda recipes for backstrap and sinew

Testing is needed in particular of the backstrap recipes which require a reindeer, elk or stag carcass to test

Sinew fibre given a better skill quality boost to more likely give fine or masterwork output

This is then processed in the utility menu to possibly create high quality cord for better bowstrings

Brygun

« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2019, 04:49:22 PM »
When i try to fill up my block pot with water at the river it doesn't allow me to and i get the message ''you can't store different kinds of stuff in one container'' even though its empty. All I have used it for is making pitch glue.

EDIT: I can however fill my birch basket with water from the river than pour it into the block pot. Further... the block pot of water has no usage bar, not that it really matters, for me at this point anyways.

Sounds related to the base object

"Block pot" connects to the pot base object for use in cooking.

For a container to hold water stop once you have a "Deep block tub"  as it is based on the wooden tub not pot.

The earlier two "block tub" also count as containers have less capacity. The upper block tub is also used in some metal working steps especially for armor where you need deep curves.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 04:50:57 PM by Brygun »

Brygun

« Reply #113 on: January 04, 2019, 05:15:29 PM »
Update

I hope to start  a new job next week and with the stress of the legal matters pertaining to being assaulted I am unlikely to advance BAC much more than its already well developed state.

Please do report bugs and I will try to update for them but those updates will no longer be daily.

If I am off the forums for more than a month by all means someone else may continue the mod's development.

Today's update just catches the previously mentioned items

cheesealmighty

« Reply #114 on: January 04, 2019, 07:22:50 PM »
Hope everything turns out okay for your IRL job matters.

Here's an issue, the sinew cannot be extracted from the does. As can be seen here: https://puu.sh/CrD4p/c5b64425d3.png

Code: [Select]
{*reindeer * carcass*} instead of
{*reindeer carcass*} should and indeed does work.

I have a question though, I'm not sure where to get the birch and rowan "saplings" mentioned in the fletching section. Especially since it's asking for one in the inventory, and not nearby (like young trees).

.Birch Sapling arrow shaft. "Firewood" [phys:hands,one-armed]   *CARPENTRY*   %-40%  /15/  |-2|  [patch:5]
{Birch Sapling}      [remove] [patchwise] [noquality] +'Birch sapling'

Signatus

« Reply #115 on: January 04, 2019, 07:53:18 PM »
The birch sapling should be in the lumber menu. You can gather them and then go back to camp to make the arrowshafts

cheesealmighty

« Reply #116 on: January 04, 2019, 08:03:19 PM »
My apologies, @Signatus but I don't see it here. There's only birch root. Unless I'm missing something obvious?

https://puu.sh/CrE6S/d861a849e6.png

Signatus

« Reply #117 on: January 05, 2019, 02:23:06 AM »
it does seem to have disappeared... Here's the code to add to lumber menu (I hadit below big spruce branch):

.Gather Birch Sapling. "Branch" [phys:hands,one-armed]   [noquality]  /5/  |-2|  [patch:5]
{[NEARBY_TILE:BIRCH]}      [noquality] +'Birch nearby'
{Knife}
[NAME:Birch Sapling]
[TYPE:lumber]
[MATERIAL:wood]
[WEIGHT:0.5]

.Gather Rowan Sapling. "Branch" [phys:hands,one-armed]   [noquality]  /5/  |-2|  [patch:5]
{[NEARBY_TILE:ROWAN]}      [noquality] +'Rowan nearby'
{[TILE:BUSHES]}      [noquality] +'Bushes to collect saplings from'
{Knife}
[NAME:Rowan Sapling]
[TYPE:lumber]
[MATERIAL:wood]
[WEIGHT:0.5]

Brygun

« Reply #118 on: January 05, 2019, 04:00:26 AM »
update

the Privateer compatibility update

There are now two (2) menus available which should capture most of his mods one at a time, though to be honest you can swap mods around without losing objects existing in the game... except things like the flora/fauna like the beehives.

Added text to the first post of this thread briefly describing bringing in other mods

Delete diy_BAC_Addeditems.txt
Items moved to other menus to removed added items menu. thus there is now at 2 submenus available for using one of privateers mods
= Washed bandage, fish cut -> Mining and more
= fur and leather items -> Armor group one
(I attempted to put fur and leather into vanilla

menudef_BAC updated
Now nothing you should be able to have 2 submenus which will allow most of Privateers mod sets, though you will have to eat menudef to avoid letter conflicts

Above fixes for

= reindeer carcass
= applied carcass fix to elk and stag (still wondering if Stag is still a separate animal in the game)

= Sapling issue examine and put into Lumber. However, I believe "young rowan" may exist in groves making them findable, and possibly easier to find than a rowan and a bush side by side.
I dont know if the game even has a "young birch"
 Testing of  "young rowan" script requested

Brygun clothing recipes moved into Armor group one Brygun added items moved in like fur mask, fur niska, laced leather shoes

New clothes under "Cloth garments"
= linen/nettle ->  skirt,  breast wrap, privates wrap;

New clothes under "Armor group one"
= fur/leather -> chest band, loin cloth (bikini's may not be historical but...)
= Animal headdress (skull, face and neck) for shamans, actors and those too long alone

edit: Flash update to add optional bones and teeth to animal headdress

edit 2: flash to add optional antlers to animal headdress
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 04:28:25 AM by Brygun »

Brygun

« Reply #119 on: January 05, 2019, 04:31:35 AM »
update

Absorb the flash updates above plus...

Noticed in hideworking a get inner birch bark recipe was present. moved to barkware.