Topic: [to 3.63 only] Community mod BAC: Smith, Cooking, Survival, Carpentry, Sewing  (Read 340821 times)

Brygun

« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2018, 05:27:47 PM »
Glad the punt shelter was tried. I did seem to work that way.

On tracking graphics I noticed Finn's mod on the old forum was also doing that and talking of a leather sheet. We currently can only have one recipe. It I was to do a leather shelter for BAC I would use the entry from the hideworking that works up to a Kota extra-treated hide.

>>>>>

On the custom tools...

Darn.

We should let Sami know in the suggestions if there is something that can be done with reasonable coding. It might be far to deeply laid in the code though.

>>>>>

Lamellar armor could use some testing

Also needing testing is the Barkware headdress and tassets

Brygun

« Reply #76 on: January 01, 2019, 12:00:12 AM »
Based on the tool issues raised the transport items have been tweaked. This may also help with the quality result as the call for Adze axe wasn't working right.

Leather punt
Also the boating tarp is now "Large tarp" and moved to hideworking. This allowing the existence of a "recover tarp from punt" recipe in transport

Birch-bark punt
<Draw knife> (if it was there?) is now <Small knife>
Intention of birch-bark is to buildable without needing the extended tools

Finnish punt
Adze axe now mandatory during middle and deep log cutting phases
Added {fire} and {Branch} for burn helping with middle layers and adding a cool down time to help push efforts onto another day while still being doable for lower skilled on worker's time

Clinker punt
Adze axe now mandatory
Draw knife now mandatory
It already had mandatory Auger and Drill.
Clinker is, as always, intended to be highly complex requiring advanced tools and decent skills to build.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 12:33:53 AM by Brygun »

Brygun

« Reply #77 on: January 01, 2019, 03:00:43 AM »
Researching what I could on converting Iron to Steel. Hard to get times. Implication is that it is way less than the /8h/ (8 hours) of the current recipe. Adjusted to /3h/ as still a major game item and for early iron age tools. List of relevant youtubes put into the Ironworking file.

Bear in mind that to make armor grade materials you will need steel not iron. So there will be a lot more activity and charcoal to get the right carbon content for that. Before steel was only needed only in small quantities like for the edge of an otherwise iron axe head.

Brygun

« Reply #78 on: January 01, 2019, 03:56:07 AM »
Making changes to have leather punt <> tarp <> shelter possible

Tarp is more direct conversion of the Kota hide cover. Researched leather weight per area.

Leather punt will be reduced in weight and size
Take apart the punt to get the leather

Optional shelter from a tarp

A travel could then use a tarp to alternate between punts and shelters spending time to build and tear down to make a tarp shelter.

Or use a punt together and make punt shelters.

Also looking to confirm canoe capacities...

... cause i dunno.

::)

Brygun

« Reply #79 on: January 01, 2019, 04:37:40 AM »
Update as above

The leather punt is smaller and easier to build. There is an optional tarp shelter. Together they let you make and dismantle to get a leather tarp back. Thus you can travel with a ready to build boat or shelter.

It will be a little quicker if you carry slender trunks and branches with you. The recipes for the building now use just those. They can easily be replaced in your travels.

Leather tarp weighs 10 lbs

Leather punt being smaller may have issues with how much you can carry. However Im not expecting you to haul trees with it anyway so it should be okay.

>>>

Recommended flotation for other craft update but that is just notes.

Brygun

« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2019, 05:54:56 AM »
Update and Happy New Year

Big armor update in need of testing

Armor group one now has
= Lamellar making  and repair path
= Iron armors (no repairs)
= Shields (no repairs)
Shields include the Brygun Addeditems rough wooden ones and now full quality ones

Advanced armor making will need Ball iron hammer and pliers.
Upper block tub appears in some armor recipes as in real life I used a block of wood with a hollow carved out with a ball hammer as a way to make deep curves. Hint: being made of wood its under the lumber menu.

Iron working
= Iron nails moved here. They are also used for rivets.
= "Iron shape" added, as an alternate way for the various not iron nails things one might make such as a roundshield rim, decoration or something else. Same recipe as nails but listed separately to avoid being used as nails.

Also....

You can make an iron codpiece to protect the family jewels.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 05:56:28 AM by Brygun »

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #81 on: January 01, 2019, 05:15:55 PM »
Hooray!  Iron codpiece!  8)

Signatus

« Reply #82 on: January 01, 2019, 09:47:26 PM »
Also....

You can make an iron codpiece to protect the family jewels.

As a portuguese person, from a culture that regularly eats codfish, this image immediately came to mind:

;D

Brygun

« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2019, 02:42:43 AM »
 :D ;D

As someone who has played modern sports its also been on my mind to add an armor item "Protective wooden cup" as a low tech early game way to protect those particulars.

Not sure what armor values to assign to wood. That's the only real quandary. Recipe could be 1 x wooden cup and 1 x cord.

Actually I do want input on wood armor values as I think we could use a low tech helm.

{Wooden bowl} '+top of skull'
{Board} '+side lames'
cord?
glue?

« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 02:46:58 AM by Brygun »

Brygun

« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2019, 03:06:11 AM »
Update

minor

Under ironworking et al many recipes changed to {*iron hammer}  or {*hammer} now that there are 3 types of hammer of various tech levels

Stone hammer
Flat iron hammer
Ball iron hammer

Should work as intended with better tech working for lower tech calls.

Signatus

« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2019, 03:23:00 AM »
I realized why Sewn bark hull wasn't working: {Tying Equipment} had the [ground] tag, but it always asks from inventory. That was screwing everything up

Brygun

« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2019, 04:03:55 AM »
Hotfix for transport as per Signatus

[ground] removed from the {Tying Equipment} call in Sewn bark hull

cheesealmighty

« Reply #87 on: January 02, 2019, 04:58:12 PM »
Amazing work!

But uh, I'm having issues with "root rope". I'm on unfrozen ground, there's a spruce. And somehow it's not recognizing the ground as such. Any idea why this could be?

As you can see here: https://puu.sh/CqADj/64dd27e559.png

Brygun

« Reply #88 on: January 02, 2019, 05:04:55 PM »
*looks at the wonderfully delivered screenshot*

*snaps fingers*

Got it!

Its the space between the * and ground. "ground" does not exact match " ground".

Fix is:
{* ground} -> {*ground}

Hotfix file attached

cheesealmighty

« Reply #89 on: January 02, 2019, 05:38:57 PM »
Ah, quick delivery! Thank you kind sir. But it doesn't seem to work even still. :/

As you can see here: https://puu.sh/CqBom/c1ed6a92c2.png

---

Another issue I'm having is that I haven't been able to locate an "Hardwood staff". This one:

Code: [Select]
.Hardwood longbow. "Longbow" [effort:2] [phys:stance,arms] *CARPENTRY*  %10% /320/ |2|
{Hard staff} [remove] [noquality] 'Hardwood staff'
{Knife}<Small knife>
{Bowstring} [remove]
[NAME:Longbow]

anything